Welcome to PatsFans.com

Beginning of a New Era

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I just saw the last 70 minutes of the New York Philharmonic playing at Pyong-yang, and, wow, it was deeply touching.

I did not notice any familiar faces, but the entire performance could have been supported by Father Moon as much as by anyone else (I understand a wealthy Japanese-European woman underwrote this NYPhilharmonic tour). The Philharmonic stood as a shining example of America's excellence in musical ability as well as in uniquely American inclusivity, with many women -- several of them of Korean and other East Asian in descent -- performing on the world level. The conductor, Lorin Maazel, was steady, dignified, and twinkled with a bit of humor, like a good uncle, particularly after introducing the Gershwin piece, "An American in Paris", when he commented that somebody may someday write a work entitled, "Americans in Pyong-yang", a line that brought widespread and deep applause, as well as cheering, from the audience.

This audience was a composite of about 200 North Koreans (hand-picked, one may be certain) all replete with their tiny but unmistakable lapel pins; and another 150-200 "foreigners", made up of South Koreans, Americans, and other Westerners. The majority of North Koreans sat stone-faced throughout the beginning of the performance, eyes occasionally shooting a mix of disbelief, heavy skepticism, and downright hostility -- all subsumed beneath an air of rare and official "smiles".

But by the end of the evening performance, after a taste of the Star Spangled Banner, Wagner, Dvorák, Gershwin, and some smaller pieces -- the highlight of which was the concluding rendition of "Arirong" -- the entire audience was at least a bit misty-eyed, and jumping to their feet in giving ovation. It was a masterful conclusion, worked adroitly and with heart, by Maazil and the rest of the orchestra. On a personal note, when the American representatives on stage ended their performance with the old Korean folksong, "Arirong", my heart was bouncing and I almost began sobbing (had to hold it back). This was as heavenly a reunion between Jacob and Esau as one could ever imagine, a truly beautiful and monumentally heart-touching event that I am sure will change North Koreans, South Koreans, Americans, and people from everywhere else.

Bravo. A very Big and Heartfelt "BRAVO"!! An historic event in the providence of restoration of humankind, preparing the way for God's and Parents' Kingdom to emerge.

The concert was carried live on CNN, which has maintained extensive coverage of this event, also historic because it is the first extended media coverage by any Western outlet in the history of North Korea.

http://www.cnn.com/

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This event is going to produce a sea-change of relations between the U.S. and North Korea.

Already they're talking about having an Eric Clapton concert in Pyong-yang. Seems like Kim Jong-il's son attends private school in the U.K. and digs the E-man!!

Watch this space.

//
  3. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What kind of change?
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Music Calms The Savage Beast

We could use more Koreans in this country, they are inteligent and hard working and tend to go about their buisness in a law abiding fashion, they don't seem to be obsessed with killing each other and sex, you can tell who you would like to have living next door by watching the news.

:bricks:
  5. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Where was Moon Pie and his koolaid kids?
  6. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And this is how propaganda starts..
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Do Moonies strap bombs on children and send them into a crowded restaurant to murder people and blow their own guts all over the ceiling.

Why was the demonization of Romney's Mormon Religion not called "Bigotry and Racist"

Have you ever seen a Moonie behead a human being on TV causing thousands of others to dance in the street.

Have you ever heard of a Moonie being offered a whole bunch of whores to play with in Paradise if they "Slaughter Human Beings"

What A Strange Place Our World Is

8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Tracking you down with GPS, you want a taste so bad. Your sleep-mate sheep was wearing a wire. You didn't even notice!!!

:rofl: Guess you were too "lost in love"!!! :rofl:

How do you whisper to your sheep, Aryan-nation boy? "Ah kaint qwit choo"???

:woohoo: :rofl:

//
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Amazing the power of music. I see the replays on CNN and it's powerful stuff. Could part the Red Sea.

Maazil and the NY Philharmonics were outstanding in every way. Top of the line.

//
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Not sure about the sex part, they seem to be the major players in the Oriental Masseuse Parlors...
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Good for them as long as they aren't forcing me change channels or turn my TV off every night because I feel uncomfortable watching two or three Hollywood dirt bags f-cking each other on a kitchen table when my grand daughters walk into the room.

Even prisoners who haven't had sex for years were getting sick of Anna Nichole Smiths big fat a$s being shoved in their face every hour.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ping-pong diplomacy in the early 70s thawed relations with the "sleeping giant" of China -- and, although the U.S. has often acted like a too trusting child in front of this wily China -- and it lessened the threat of serious confrontation. Likewise, this simple but very deep exchange in Pyong-yang, the first of its kind ever, will surely bring a softening and opening of hearts between two former arch-adversaries. This time, however, let us walk with wisdom and foresight in dealing with an even more wily and crafty nation of North Korea. If we dig deep into the realm of the heart we can create a peaceful ideal world, where ALL can be happy, I have no doubts.

//
  13. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That reminds of bush talking about how he looked into putins eye's and could tell he was a good man....
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

All people have goodness in them; whether they allow that goodness to rule or whether they allow the evil side to rule is the question. Each person decides for him or her self.

Like each one of us, Koreans can be very, very good, or they can be very, very bad. All depends on whether they allow God to be central in their lives or not.

//
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

So if you have God central in your lives then you are good. Is that right?
    Am I deriving too much to assume you mean that when God is not central to or non-existent in your life you are evil?
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Can and does happen that way, all too often. History is witness. In my opinion, at least.

//
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I get all warm and fuzzy when I read your posts of how goodnees will rule, and then you post threats on this board, and tell people to eat shyte and die.. there is a minor dichotomy here.. but I forgot as a man of the cloth, preach all this crap, then do whatever you want to do.. double standard. Reminds me of the pedophiles of the catholic church or the money stealing bible thumpers down south, or the famous Jimmy Swaggart..
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So you think that to be "good" means one must eat all the sh!t and bigotry and hatred of the rest of the world????

There was a time when that was necessary, but those times are over, GJAJ15. For good. It's now time for goodness to rise up and take its rightful place of ownership in the world, and those who do evil to start paying the price for their misdeeds. Time has come.

You can run and you can persist in your hit and run tactics, your selective misunderstanding and judgments aimed at those you do not understand, but you cannot hide from your actions. They are recorded, each and every one, here on earth and in the eternal world as well. Your own posts reveal where you stand, and you betray your own prejudice and ignorance. If nobody tells you, you have an excuse; if someone does tell you, then you have less or even no excuse, which is good because then you will at least be able to see how to avoid making mistakes.

So, actually, I am being "good" to you and everyone else, as it turns out.

:D

//
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ya see, GJAJ15?
    Fog's here to help you! Now, doesn't that feel a whole lot better?
    I had an uncle who had that philosophy. He'd beat the crap out of his son ever so gently and explain as soon as he was done (and his hard-on died down) that it was "for your own good, boy". Trouble is, when my cousin was old enough to get out of the house, (at age 16) my uncle turned on his second son, only this time his oldest, when he heard that his little brother was getting the "love" that he got, came home with a baseball bat and pummelled the old man nearly to death...."for his own good".

That's how that system works. My uncle probably thinks about both his sons every time he stands up or walks a few feet...in a loving way, of course.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, wistah, then go give your children condoms when they're old enough to start using deodorant, then see how they blossom. Don't fight it, just give in. Surrender without a fight.

:wha:

//