Welcome to PatsFans.com

Begala pwns Ari Fleischer over Bush lying about his torture regime

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Watched this last night, and it took me back a few years. Watch as Fleisher starts to squirm and goes back into "Bushie" mode. Defending W's motives while placing the honor of the soldiers who lost their lives in Bush's fake war between him and Begala.

I've really gotta hand it to my man, Paul Begala. He didnt back down and tak ethe bull$#!T sandwich Fleisher was serving up here.

Its disgusting to me, and many others that anyone should "Thank Bush" for the frickin 'surge'.

YOU CAUSED THIS WAR....YOU LIED US INTO A PRE-EMPTIVE DOCTRINE...losers....

anyway...a great exchange, and reminder at what a $#!tty president George W Bush was.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Video: Begala, Fleischer spar over Bush and Iraq - CNN.com Blogs

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Good post HD but I'm still not sold on the big lie that everyone likes to speak of. Of course it was a lie and some of us saw right through it. Politicians knew they could bury pork in the war funding bills and they ran with the lie for public consumption. The top lawmakers had access to sensitive information - hard to believe they all were snookered. They all wanted the pork and they wanted to be closer to Central Asia and they all wanted the pipeline. All who voted for the war should be tried and hanged.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Roger Clemens seems to be a bigger deal to congress than the politicians who sent thousands of our brave men and women to their deaths on the basis of lies....

sad....

This debate between these two was certainly refreshing for me, and especially on that night.

I support Obama, but have recently fallen to a neutral place when faced with his promises, and results to this point. Then Ari Fleisher came on CNN to defend Bush, and his surge, and praise him...for a war HE created....what a douchbag.

and I remembered what it was like during that crap presidency, shrouded in lies, and fear, and false patriotism....he brought me back to when so many of our emotions were played by our so called leaders. How the troops were the shield the administration used on countless occasions to defend themselves from the truth.

cowards....each and every last one of them...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I think now of those photo ops with the police and firemen of 9/11 ... makes me sick.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

me too...

even if one doesnt think like I do, about who was behind this dark day (9/11), when you take a step back and look at the genesis of this invasion/occupation/war....its gross...

yellow cake
    WMDs
    ties to Al Qaeda
    liberation Iraqis
    Standing down when they stand up
    the surge
    free elections
    proping up a democratic Iraq

even if one doesnt think like I do....Even if you believe the narrative the administration sold you.

Why didnt they capture the ones they said were responsible? Why are we supposed to "Praise" Bush for not capturing Bin Laden?

step back...and think people....its a sick joke, played on ALL of us....

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Some of this believe that all of this is larger than George or Barack, most of this is being controlled by a very powerful group of men (The Power Elite) who control just about everything.. and unfortunately most of us do not know it.

7. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It must really boil you guys up that the American people have fully rejected this president and his agenda and will already hand the reigns back to the Republicans in November.

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I wish neither party controlled this great country to be honest.

I wish there was a btter version of a 3rd party to be honest here.

I think they all suck ... some suck more than others

... but they all hide behind a good bill here and there with a little pork thrown in.

The country needs to be mentally stronger than the us vs them mentality.

it plays out on this board everyday. Some here
    ... very intelligent people who see more wrongdoing from one side than the other
    ... and the evidence points to most all of them (politicians) being crooked.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

And whoever is elected next will do the same thing.. wake up and smell the reality.

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,384 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

somewhere along the way 51% became a mandate.

I always thought we were a democracy ... a country of voices and leaders from many opinions where people from one area are free to elect someone who basically represents their best interests. A President should not act like a Congress or Senate member ... he is supposed to represent all of us which means pretty much operating from near the center.

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

you must only talk to conservatives in republican land who are educated by FOX news and subscribe to the Weekly Stranded..err...I mean STANDARD.