PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before you start preparing for the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinci is one of those teams I don't want to play. They're young so they are sporadic. I would hate to catch that Cinci Defense on the wrong (wrong for us that is) day. Their corners are physical and good. Leon Hall is one of the most underrated CBs in the league.

Cinci is one of those teams I don't want to play. They're young so they are sporadic. I would hate to catch that Cinci Defense on the wrong (wrong for us that is) day. Their corners are physical and good. Leon Hall is one of the most underrated CBs in the league.

A rookie QB in his first playoffs..ill take my chances with that over pitt

I'm surprised at this comment, to be honest.

If we couldn't beat Cincinnati and their defense in Foxborough, then I'm not sure how we could possibly beat defenses like the Steelers and Ravens.

I'll take my chances with a team like Cincy any day of the week, and better yet it'd set up a PIT/BAL matchup, where one would knock the other out.

Thank goodness he is on IR! :singing:

I've got this gut feeling about the broncos steelers game that tells me the broncos could pull off the upset on the steelers. The steelers have always came across to me as a team that overlooks other teams when they are heavily favored to win against them. A lot of people will be dismissing tebow because of the way he has looked for the last 3 weeks. The main difference I've noticed in him is that he no longer has that swagger that he had when he was on his crazy win streak. When things were looking grim for him in that KC game, his body language didn't seem to be the same as when he believed he could come back from anything.

If it comes down to the 4th quarter and the broncos are within a score of the "elite" steelers, i see tebow getting some of that swagger back, getting the game winning score, and then the steelers self destructing on themselves in disbelief as they realize they may lose to the broncos.

In regards to the bengals texans game, I honestly see the texans winning it. Meaning we get the broncos while the ravens get the texans. The ravens Texans game looks like an actually good match up to me where both teams have quality defenses and less than mediocre QB's. I've actually picked the texans to win that match up, the ravens have lust looked like a sloppy team to me this year, and the texans have been getting a lot of disrespect this entire season.

This leaves an AFCCG of Pats vs texans. We will win and go on to the superbowl where we will be the underdogs having not faced the steelers or ravens to get there, where as the NFC team will have faced either the Packers, Saints, or 49'ers. This sounds like a really weird prediction, but I just feel that the steelers and ravens will come up short this season where everyone is marking them to be the AFC representative.

I've got this gut feeling about the broncos steelers game that tells me the broncos could pull off the upset on the steelers. The steelers have always came across to me as a team that overlooks other teams when they are heavily favored to win against them. A lot of people will be dismissing tebow because of the way he has looked for the last 3 weeks. The main difference I've noticed in him is that he no longer has that swagger that he had when he was on his crazy win streak. When things were looking grim for him in that KC game, his body language didn't seem to be the same as when he believed he could come back from anything.

If it comes down to the 4th quarter and the broncos are within a score of the "elite" steelers, i see tebow getting some of that swagger back, getting the game winning score, and then the steelers self destructing on themselves in disbelief as they realize they may lose to the broncos.

In regards to the bengals texans game, I honestly see the texans winning it. Meaning we get the broncos while the ravens get the texans. The ravens Texans game looks like an actually good match up to me where both teams have quality defenses and less than mediocre QB's. I've actually picked the texans to win that match up, the ravens have lust looked like a sloppy team to me this year, and the texans have been getting a lot of disrespect this entire season.

This leaves an AFCCG of Pats vs texans. We will win and go on to the superbowl where we will be the underdogs having not faced the steelers or ravens to get there, where as the NFC team will have faced either the Packers, Saints, or 49'ers. This sounds like a really weird prediction, but I just feel that the steelers and ravens will come up short this season where everyone is marking them to be the AFC representative.

Good God man, I'll take your prediction!!! :rocker:

I don't see it happening anywhere close to that, but I'll definitely take it!!

In regards to the PIT/DEN game--I think if DEN can somehow get back to playing their tough defense that got them through "Tebow time" they may have a shot at causing some disruption to a weak PIT offensive line.

As noted, Dumerville and Miller could get in Ben's face, and possibly force some decent pressure and a couple of turnovers.

The crowd will definitely be all over it, and as we all know weird things can happen in that thin air.

It will also be interesting to see if Tomlin allows Ryan Clark to play, as he has a condition that does not usually allow him to go to DEN in the thin air. It's at least worth keeping an eye on, as I haven't heard anything in regards to the situation as of yet.

What worries me though, it how PIT plays the Tebow card. Their defense is playing absolutely lights out. Not only do they shut down the run with a quickness, they also hold the NFL's #1 ranked pass defense, and Ike Taylor has really come into his own this year.

As for the CIN/HOU game--I really see Houston's crowd, city, fanbase, and overall team incredibly pumped up for their first ever playoff game.

I think Cincinnati is going to go into an absolute hornet's nest, to be honest with you.

I know that Houston has looked lousy lately, but they are a different team with Wade Phillips back (they looked at their worst with him gone), and their run game and defense is quite formidable to say the least.

Not only that, but the return of Andre Johnson will make a huge difference to their offense, which can also run the ball pretty well as it is.

I just don't see how an inexperienced rookie QB like Dalton and such an inexperienced team overall can handle the road factor and such a tough defense. I think HOU wins pretty easily.

Everyone will bring up the close 20-19 game from last month, but it will have absolutely no relevance whatsoever on this game, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
As for the CIN/HOU game--I really see Houston's crowd, city, fanbase, and overall team incredibly pumped up for their first ever playoff game.

I think Cincinnati is going to go into an absolute hornet's nest, to be honest with you.

I know that Houston has looked lousy lately, but they are a different team with Wade Phillips back (they looked at their worst with him gone), and their run game and defense is quite formidable to say the least.

Not only that, but the return of Andre Johnson will make a huge difference to their offense, which can also run the ball pretty well as it is.

I just don't see how an inexperienced rookie QB like Dalton and such an inexperienced team overall can handle the road factor and such a tough defense. I think HOU wins pretty easily.

Everyone will bring up the close 20-19 game from last month, but it will have absolutely no relevance whatsoever on this game, at least in my opinion.

I agree with this.

I see the Steelers and Houston coming out of next weekend.

Expect the Steelers in Foxboro.

I agree with this.

I see the Steelers and Houston coming out of next weekend.

Expect the Steelers in Foxboro.

I don't ever remember the Steelers and Patriots EVER meeting in the playoffs at New England....any decade

alot of people in here on the denver train...maybe it will happen..but...ehhh

we will see

The Flying Tebows scored 3 points against KC. 13 against that pourous Buffalo defense and have been turning the ball over. I doubt they could be the Steelers with batch playing QB.

The Steelers will be without Safety Ryan Clark. He has sickel cell, and can not play at high alititudes. He lost his spleen the last time he played in Denver, so they are going to leave him back in Pittsburg. Pretty scary stuff.

Steelers Vs. Broncos Injuries: Ryan Clark Will Sit Due To Problems Playing At Altitude - SB Nation Pittsburgh

The Flying Tebows scored 3 points against KC. 13 against that pourous Buffalo defense and have been turning the ball over. I doubt they could be the Steelers with batch playing QB.

The Steelers will be without Safety Ryan Clark. He has sickel cell, and can not play at high alititudes. He lost his spleen the last time he played in Denver, so they are going to leave him back in Pittsburg. Pretty scary stuff.

Steelers Vs. Broncos Injuries: Ryan Clark Will Sit Due To Problems Playing At Altitude - SB Nation Pittsburgh

So wait...this may be a stupid question..he can't play in denver..but can fly with the team? Probably due to the pressurization of the place

alot of people in here on the denver train...maybe it will happen..but...ehhh

we will see

For Denver to win,the object is VERY simple

Keep the total score of both teams under 30....Denver cannot win against a defense like Pitt in a game even remotely high and anything over 17-14 score with Tebow is high for Denver.

If the game point total is about 14 or less by midway 3rd quarter then Denver is in business.

Dumerville and Miller MUST make life miserable to a banged up Ben

Tebow has been awful the last three games and I have a feeling that's who he is. (Funny how the "first xx games" comparison to TFB have stopped). Still would love to see a Broncos win.

On Clark: Very scary. I had to laugh at PatsFans Media Whipping Boy Berty Breer Tweeting "Gotta respect the decision-making of Mike Tomlin on the Ryan Clark situation. One reason why guys love playing for him." Really, I can't imagine any other coach deciding differently. (I believe Tomlin was also the coach when Clark last played in Denver and ended up losing his spleen, but I have to think that was just a matter of not knowing enough about the risk.)

Anyway, Broncs couldn't ask for things to line up any better for them, just doubt it'll be enough.

Some people fail to realize is that Houston has a rookie QB as well. Houston does have a great defense. I think Cinci's gameplan will be to stop the Texans running game & make Yates beat them. This should be a very good game. Their 1st meeting was a classic. I can't choose a winner right now.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be all that shocked to see Denver beat Pitt however, I think Pitt wins it narrowly.

The Broncos matchup well against the Steelers for a couple of reasons: 1. Ben is hobbled. Pitt's big plays come from when Ben is scrambling keep the play alive and allowing his receivers to uncover. 2. Pitt's O-line is terrible and will have a hard time containing Dumerville and Von Miller. The Broncos should be able to rush 4 and it be enough to get to Ben and also stop their run game. 3. Champ isn't what he used to be but he is still pretty good and should be able to limit/shut down whomever he is covering.

I see this as a low scoring game (17-16 or something like that). Pitt pulls it out by the narrowest of margins but as I said before, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Broncos win either (playing at home, new wrinkles, Pitt not healthy, etc.).

So wait...this may be a stupid question..he can't play in denver..but can fly with the team? Probably due to the pressurization of the place

yeah apparently he is only affected by doing strenuous physical activity in high altitudes (so I'm guessing that he is NOT a member of the mile high club). Still pretty scary stuff.

Everyone is praising Tomlin, like he is Jesus (or Tebow) for not letting him play. The last time the guy played in Denver he lost 30 pounds, his spleen and nearly died. Let's just say that this is not a tough decision to make.

Last edited:
Since the Pats beat Denver the magic is gone. We do that to teams. I have noticed however on Tebow highlights since then it seems like he's passing an awful lot and making a lot of mistakes. I think they are trying to make him into something he's not yet and should stick with the option run plays that won them games with only a little passing sprinkled in.

I don't ever remember the Steelers and Patriots EVER meeting in the playoffs at New England....any decade

You don't remember the "fog" game in 1996? That was a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes