PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before we capture the Super Bowl 42 Title already here in April..... (sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Shall we worry albeit just a bit about the aging LB corps which to me WAS NOT a fix in the draft although we got a lower round guy at the position who is likely already a longshot to make the team as any 6th rounder would be.

I don't think I will be happy with the ILB situation unless we can work out a deal somewhere or pick a FA up that has not been signed yet and before TC.

Are you THOROUGHLY content with the starting and backup crew on ILB we have now? - Bruschi is still decent but older and Vrabel is getting up there as well,Alexander and Woods do nothing for me at this time and personally I don't think one of them,possibly both of them will make the team.

Aside from our best ILBs and OLBs (Vrabel,Thomas,Bruschi and Colvin) we have little to desire in the LB department which is why I think it was not in our best interests to give #28 to SF and Harris or even Poz might have been a better idea for that spot - But what do I know? - Maybe they have a veteran FA LB in mind for later.

All I know is if we go into the season with just those 4 in the ILB/OLB spot I will become uneasy everytime one of those guys gets hit low in the leg from an OT,C or G.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm worried about the ILB situation as well. If Bruschi or Vrabel goes down we'll be in some trouble. I hope they sign a Hartwell or maybe even Al Wilson, although I'm not sure he'd be a great fit.

The team looks great for this year if they can get one more ILB to help out... but in the future the ILB scares me. I hope we put those 2 first round picks next year to good use and get some ILBs... we'll need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back