PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before & After

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
When BB came to the Patriots they had some stars and other good players. Over time, he has brought in others and the pre-Belichick stars are growing old, and leaving or being forced to leave. Let us look back.

Pre 2000 star Patriots:

Blue chippers: Drew Blesoe, Terry Glenn, Larry Armstrong, Willie McGinnest, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy.

Red Chippers: Woody, Kevin Faulk, Chad Eaton, Tedy Bruschi, Henry Thomas

Total: 6 Blue chippers and 5 Red Chippers, for a total of 11. Thomas & Armstrong were nearing the end.

Now even after the FA losses of McGinnest and Vinatieri, the star 2006 Patriots:

Blue Chippers: Brady, Dillon, Branch, Watson, Graham, Light, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin, Harrison.
Red Chippers: Kopppen, Mankins, Neal, Brown, Faulk, Kayczur, Green, Wilson

Total: 13 Blue chippers and 8 Red chippers, for a total of 21. Harrison, Brown, and bruschii are nearing the end.

Only three of the stars of today were pre-Belichick Patriots; Brown and Bruschi were not yet stars; Kevin Faulk was viewed as a potential bust. BB salvasgred his career by making himthe best 3rd down back in the League. Willie McGinnest was rumored to be washed up, since he couldn't be the entire pass rush all by himself. BB let him heal, & got him some help to spread pass rush responsibilities. He just got his pre-retirement present from RAC in Cleveland.

The world has changed, the Team is still younger, and the cupboard is not bare...

Who is LARRY ARMSTRONG and what position did he play for the Pats?

I think you might have meant BRUCE Armstrong who was the starting LT for the Pats.

Also, I think you forgot to mention Vinatieri as a blue-chipper. Which he was prior to the BB era.

I also think perhaps you are counting a few of your chips before....well you know. :D

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
Who is LARRY ARMSTRONG and what position did he play for the Pats?

I think you might have meant BRUCE Armstrong who was the starting LT for the Pats.

Also, I think you forgot to mention Vinatieri as a blue-chipper. Which he was prior to the BB era.

They say the memory is the first to go. How quickly we forget, Bruce Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Larry Bird... Vinatieri had not yet made his Snow bowl or Super Bowl kicks, But I agree he was a rising star.

I'm pretty sure that Coates was gone before then, but if not he was an empty Coates by then...

AzPatsFan said:
When BB came to the Patriots they had some stars and other good players. Over time, he has brought in others and the pre-Belichick stars are growing old, and leaving or being forced to leave. Let us look back.

Pre 2000 star Patriots:

Blue chippers: Drew Blesoe, Terry Glenn, Larry Armstrong, Willie McGinnest, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy.

Red Chippers: Woody, Kevin Faulk, Chad Eaton, Tedy Bruschi, Henry Thomas

Total: 6 Blue chippers and 5 Red Chippers, for a total of 11. Thomas & Armstrong were nearing the end.

Now even after the FA losses of McGinnest and Vinatieri, the star 2006 Patriots:

Blue Chippers: Brady, Dillon, Branch, Watson, Graham, Light, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin, Harrison.
Red Chippers: Kopppen, Mankins, Neal, Brown, Faulk, Kayczur, Green, Wilson

Total: 13 Blue chippers and 8 Red chippers, for a total of 21. Harrison, Brown, and bruschii are nearing the end.

Only three of the stars of today were pre-Belichick Patriots; Brown and Bruschi were not yet stars; Kevin Faulk was viewed as a potential bust. BB salvasgred his career by making himthe best 3rd down back in the League. Willie McGinnest was rumored to be washed up, since he couldn't be the entire pass rush all by himself. BB let him heal, & got him some help to spread pass rush responsibilities. He just got his pre-retirement present from RAC in Cleveland.

The world has changed, the Team is still younger, and the cupboard is not bare...

We can nit pick you "chips" and you called Bruce, Larry.

But your overall point is well taken. BB has come in here and built a team. Not only have we,as fans, been privledged to enjoy 3 SB victories but our team looks to very good for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down