PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Been on vacation last 23 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
without any football news....and now im scambling to catch up...

so, first thing i learned was Favre to Jets...interesting, im not scared

then i learned that pennington went to the phins

then that we got lamont jordan...which raises questions about maroney (btw, how much did we pay jordan?)

and then that we lost our first preseason game, that chad jackson was worse then terrible, that cassel played like a rookie, and o'connel better then him

that half our O-line seems to have gotten injured in the past 3 weeks...and taht we brought in like 5 new OL guys....whom i never heard of before

so, what did i miss

i need to know the big things that happened in football in general and the Patriots in roughly the last 3 weeks

thanks

also, how are the rookies and our defense doing?

then that we got lamont jordan...which raises questions about maroney (btw, how much did we pay jordan?)

and then that we lost our first preseason game, that chad jackson was worse then terrible, that cassel played like a rookie, and o'connel better then him

that half our O-line seems to have gotten injured in the past 3 weeks...and taht we brought in like 5 new OL guys....whom i never heard of before

so, what did i miss

i need to know the big things that happened in football in general and the Patriots in roughly the last 3 weeks

thanks

All you need to know is the burgers are awesome at Red Robin at Patriots Place and Mayo looks awesome. Slater plays db, wr, kr, gunner and served me my burger.

Let's just start with this:

Jerod Mayo = Ray Lewis

John Harbaugh, HC of the Bmore Ravens, earned his first game ball and kiss from Ray Lewis.

It's preseason.

Mrs. B rocks.

The Colts averaged 1.8 tackles per play last season and Patrick Willis had 226 tackles (5 behind the line of scrimmage).

Peyton Manning has a booboo.

LdT doesn't like the Patriots.

The 2008 NE draft class is showing promise, including the UDFA LBs.

Those are the high points.

Let's just start with this:

Jerod Mayo = Ray Lewis
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bull Crap! We want a stud 3-4 linebacker, not some guy whose team has to pad his stats to earn him media attention! :banned:

At least compare him to Urlacher or someone who doesn't do a chicken dance before each game.

Oh one more thing:

Chad Jackson still win the NFL's award as the NFL's best body in pads, problem is he has to try and catch passes from Matt Cassell and WR screens with blockers who miss assignments. We need to give him time with TB and then draw conclusions.

First of all good to have you back, 23 days without the internet. Whoa, not sure I could do it. Where did you go New Guinea?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bull Crap! We want a stud 3-4 linebacker, not some guy whose team has to pad his stats to earn him media attention! :banned:

At least compare him to Urlacher or someone who doesn't do a chicken dance before each game.

I'll one up Urlacher, how about this:

Jerod Mayo = Pat Willis

I'll one up Urlacher, how about this:

Jerod Mayo = Pat Willis
d%#*!@t - Willis has a way to go to be an Urlacher! He's great at running down ball carriers from behind. Not an upgrade.

People were making the Willis comparison after the draft, in some aspects they are similar SEC, leading tacklers, fast, athletic. I think Mayo is a better fit for the 3-4 than Willis. Reading about Mayo before the draft, I was convinced he was a better all-round 3-4 prospect than Willis - if the two were both being considered for MLB in a 4-3, Mayo might have the edge there because he's better in coverage.

I also need to point at the recent Rich Gosselin article on teams padding tackle stats, Willis with 226 tackles? His coaches come from the infamous Baltimore Billick crew that padded Ray's numbers too.

Welcome back ALP

Lamont Jordan 1-year 2008 $850,000

Mayo has shown he can tackle Ray Rice very well. If we played the Raven's every game he would be in the HOF.

so, what did i miss

thanks

The Jets have a new QB, Some dude named Farvabeans.

Anyway - Mayo's the real deal, nothing no-fat or light about him - He's full on classic style Mayo and he's going to destroy some running backs.

Welcome back ALP

Lamont Jordan 1-year 2008 $850,000

Mayo has shown he can tackle Ray Rice very well. If we played the Raven's every game he would be in the HOF.

Oh, stop. You know he was impressive. :)

Oh one more thing:

Chad Jackson still win the NFL's award as the NFL's best body in pads, problem is he has to try and catch passes from Matt Cassell and WR screens with blockers who miss assignments. We need to give him time with TB and then draw conclusions.

First of all good to have you back, 23 days without the internet. Whoa, not sure I could do it. Where did you go New Guinea?

actually, i was at the countryside of Greece....i COULD have used the internet...but decided on a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes