PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Been doing some reading and have a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawky77

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Have been reading up on Bountygate looking for a quote i read a while back and the following statement struck me as odd considering the Pats got hit with a Million.

"the Saints were fined $500,000, the maximum fine permitted under the league constitution, and forced to forfeit their second round picks in the 2012 and 2013 NFL draft"

My question is have the league's constitution and bylaws been changed regarding this since 2011? Any one know the answer?

the by laws havent changed, 500K for violation. 500k for not cooperating which is essentially another violation. = Million $ fine

Goodell makes them up as he goes along. He could have fined Kraft $500k if he didn't like his tie and Kraft would have paid it. It's all part of his fraternity dues.

Have been reading up on Bountygate looking for a quote i read a while back and the following statement struck me as odd considering the Pats got hit with a Million.

"the Saints were fined $500,000, the maximum fine permitted under the league constitution, and forced to forfeit their second round picks in the 2012 and 2013 NFL draft"

My question is have the league's constitution and bylaws been changed regarding this since 2011? Any one know the answer?

LOL ,TY and Hear i thought the constitution and bylaws actually were of some rational value. My Bad

Goodell has what I call a "wheel of Justice" in his office, spins it like he is on THE PRICE IS RIGHT and what it lands on is what he doles out. But because he has labor peace and made the owners $$$$$$$ since he been in office, to get the owners to remove him willbe an uphill battle

Goodell has what I call a "wheel of Justice" in his office, spins it like he is on THE PRICE IS RIGHT and what it lands on is what he doles out. But because he has labor peace and made the owners $$$$$$$ since he been in office, to get the owners to remove him willbe an uphill battle
Now that is a SNL skit that would be hysterical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back