PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard's pre draft theory: This is the 2013 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
GetAttachment.jpg

Greg Bedard is an idiot. One of the most worthless articles written during the entire 2012 NFL Pre-Draft process.

NFL Draft - 2012 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Trumaine Johnson does not even warrant a second round grade. Jamell Fleming is a much better cornerback prospect, as a second round draft selection, than Trumaine Johnson and without the baggage.

Trumaine Johnson, Montana, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
Greg Bedard knows a hell of a lot more about football than you or the people at CBS Sports, and he talks to a lot more people inside football organizations than you too. Don't insult him. It makes you look bad.

As for your Johnson/Fleming comparision, I find it utterly ridiculous that you think that Fleming doesn't have baggage. He wasn't in school last spring for academic reasons. The Pats run one of the most complicated coverage schemes in the NFL. That's a huge red flag.

Greg Bedard knows a hell of a lot more about football than you or the people at CBS Sports, and he talks to a lot more people inside football organizations than you too. Don't insult him. It makes you look bad.

As for your Johnson/Fleming comparision, I find it utterly ridiculous that you think that Fleming doesn't have baggage. He wasn't in school last spring for academic reasons. The Pats run one of the most complicated coverage schemes in the NFL. That's a huge red flag.
Greg Bedard does not get his facts straight in the article. First, Ras-I Dowling was the starting cornerback from Day One not Leigh Bodden. Leigh Bodden was also released before Ras-I Dowling was placed on injured reserve. Brandon Spikes was not listed as one of the starters on the New England Patriots defense under contract for the 2013 NFL Season. Danny Woodhead, Josh Barrett, Julian Edelman will be unrestricted free agents in 2013. Kyle Love will be a restricted free agent in 2013. Dane Fletcher will be an ERFA in 2013.

How does Bedard know that Trevor Scott and Steve Gregory will make a heavy contribution to the New England Patriots defense? That's pure speculation on his part.

As for collegiate football prospects, the analysts at NFLDraftScout know alot more than Greg Bedard.

If you don't want a cornerback with any baggage, Casey Hayward is a better cornerback prospect than Trumaine Johnson.

This is why BB will trade out of the first round tonight.

Because he read Bedard's article and is so confused that he runs away from the first round until he can get his head straight?

It seem that every writer or pundit has their own theory as to what the Patriots will do tonight. I read and listened to way too many of them and I don't think any of them have it right.

I have my own theory which will be just as wrong as the media guys.

I'll be starting draft threads a few hours before the draft and then we can all give our theories.

NUT

You are in the wrong profession.

You should have applied for work at ESPN vs moderating here. Same accuracy with bigger pay.

Mike Lombardi is the only mediot type who seems to think along BB lines.

He LOVES Chandler Jones. He also believes you can get WR's and RB's later.

Meh, I'm taking the same approach with this draft as I did with free agency. I have no expectations, or binkies in this one. That way when they continuously trade down, I will stay calm. But I will throw something at my tv if they draft another damn tightend.

Count me in the 'would love to draft another TE camp' - Fleener. Why would you throw be upset about a TE when they have become the backbone of the O the last 2 years?

I'd take Fleener over any of the WR's being talked about in the late 1st.

You know what though? We DON'T NEED to be drafting any more PROJECT WR's!!!Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson ad nauseum ad nauseum..........We need guys that can step in there DAY ONE.......No more "Boy if this kid ever hits his potential BB is going to hit a homerun here" I know that NO WR or any player is guaranteed obviously.....but some are really looked at as PROJECTS.....raw talent that if coached up enough....could really be productive. No more Projects!!! Of course, in all fairness Chad was a beast in college, predicted to be a starter day one by everyone.......came to NE and BECAME a Project..........

If the Pats are looking for a WR, with more of a mind toward 2013 then the perfect guy for them is Ryan Broyles, Okla. In the late 2nd or 3rd. He's coming off an acl tear. So he should be there. He should be good to go for limited duty by training camp, and even better next year. He's been ridiculously productive in his college career. Give him a year to get fully healthy and watch out!

Sorry, my bad. I should have read his article more closely.

Thats alright man!....you're a "Hall of Fame" poster.....you are ALLOWED and entitled to make mistakes on here.......not like me who has been in the "starting lineup" for ages....I don't get those entitlements.....IF I F up.......I deserve to be given a good talking to....;) Enjoy the draft......God knows none of us will know the guy BB and crew draft anyways....."Who the (Bleep) is _____??"

This is why BB will trade out of the first round tonight.
Yeah, I'm conditioned to expect the Patriots to trade out of the first round entirely and add more value picks.

Greg Bedard, once again right on the money.

I hope this doesn't sour Bedard on the organization. That is often what happens to the locals when they miscalculate...

I hope this doesn't sour Bedard on the organization. That is often what happens to the locals when they miscalculate...

I hope not. Bedard is a good read and offers thoughtful analysis.

Hes at a severe disadvantage in covering the most unpredictable franchise in the NFL.

Good for him in putting his neck out. So he was wrong. Oh well. Thats what hes paid for.

Last edited:
I hope not. Bedard is a good read and offers thoughtful analysis.

Hes at a severe disadvantage in covering the most unpredictable franchise in the NFL.

Good for him in putting his neck out. So he was wrong. Oh well. Thats what hes paid for.

Bedard is wrong quite a bit for a guy who supposedly puts a lot of time into his analysis. He may want to reassess either his approach or his initial assumptions.

Glad I was wrong about BB trading out of 1st altogether.

People need to get of Bedard's sack. Last time I checked there's nobody curing cancer here.

Bedard is wrong quite a bit for a guy who supposedly puts a lot of time into his analysis. He may want to reassess either his approach or his initial assumptions.

Not too mention he's states his opinions as if they're facts. I knew he was wrong while I was reading his article yesterday. That said, on his twitter account he did mention Chandler Jones and Hightower, and a few others, as fits after learning of their trade-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back