PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard Review :In their biggest game, the Patriots failed to measure up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the theory that Hernandez should punish sub-package guys in the running game. At least for one game ...

"Kyle Arrington had perhaps his best game in coverage all season. "
I would think this statement will cause headaches to some lol....

HUH?? This is one of the worst articles he's ever written. It's flawed 6 ways to Sunday starting with his blaming the running game for the loss. It doesn't matter that they didn't have a run over 10 yards. As for his claim that they only got 3.6 yards a carry running against the Raven's Nickel and Dime defense, I've gotta call BS. The Pats only ran the ball 28 times. Two of which were "runs" by Brady for a total of 5 yards when there was no pass to be had. The Ravens weren't in their Nickel and Dime packages 90% of the game. And that is what Bedard is insinuating which this claim.

You can't blame the running game if the OC doesn't call for a run play on any of the 1st three 3rd and 2s DESPITE them having some good runs against the Raven's defense.

This is just another antagonistic piece by a Boston sports writer that has dressed it up with fluff to try and convince people what he says is correct. Unfortunately, people who actually watched the game know he's talking out his rear end.
I think he made a lot of great points. If/when I have time to go through it, I'll list some of them.

I do think there were some running opportunities when Vereen and Ridley didn't hit holes that were there.

But, as a side point, I do also think that Vereen should have been used much more in that game, especially as a receiver. But I digest!

Great analysis by Bedard. Wondered during the game why McDaniels called for so many empty backfield sets.

Great analysis.

The turnover ratio is also a huge reason why it turned out like it did. When you turn the ball over three times and when your defense is predicated on them and can't force any, you usually don't win those games.

I think this is spot on.

The opportunities were there but this team failed at every crucial juncture to make the plays necessary, resulting in a lopsided loss. I think if we score a TD before the half and get 3 points or even 7 on that Welker drop drive we would have won the game easily.

After all the missed plays this team began doubting itself and then got pushed around so that they couldn't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots