PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard Postgame report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know it was in all 4 losses that we were left without time. So that makes 2 Super Bowls and 4 losses. I guess that means teams have figured out how to stop Tom Brady and the Patriots 2 minute drill.

They took it away. Simple as that. We get 50 seconds or less every time. And I blame this one on Bill. Getting beat is one thing. Getting killed by the clock in 2 Super Bowls, 3 Giants games, and all 4 losses this year.....now it's an obvious strategic game managing flaw that we are overlooking.

We need our 2 minutes or time outs back if we wanna win close games by a touchdown with our offense. They have them. We don't. Simple as that. 50 seconds or less is barely good for the tying FG, a win by 3, or a lucky as hell Hail Mary pass when backed up in our own territory, which should be expected from now on with the new kick-off rules. It's not good enough for a real NFL 2 minute drill for a TD.

We've only had two 4th quarter comebacks all year. In winning by being so dominant, we're no longer tuned in this category when the situation presents itself. The Giants are. This is how they win their games. They make sure they get their full final 2 minute drive with their time outs at the bottom of the 4th quarter. We don't practice that anymore.

This loss was worse than SB 42 in that essence, because we were moving up the field on the last drive. But 50 yard line & 9 seconds with no time-outs is just not going to win you many final drive games. Fix this please.

Last edited:
I didn't know it was in all 4 losses that we were left without time. So that makes 2 Super Bowls and 4 losses. I guess that means teams have figured out how to stop Tom Brady and the Patriots 2 minute drill.

They took it away. Simple as that. We get 50 seconds or less every time. And I blame this one on Bill. Getting beat is one thing. Getting killed by the clock in 2 Super Bowls, 3 Giants games, and all 4 losses this year.....now it's an obvious strategic game managing flaw that we are overlooking.

We need our 2 minutes or time outs back if we wanna win close games by a touchdown with our offense. They have them. We don't. Simple as that. 50 seconds or less is barely good for the tying FG, a win by 3, or a lucky as hell Hail Mary pass when backed up in our own territory, which should be expected from now on with the new kick-off rules. It's not good enough for a real NFL 2 minute drill for a TD.

We've only had two 4th quarter comebacks all year. In winning by being so dominant, we're no longer tuned in this category when the situation presents itself. The Giants are. This is how they win their games. They make sure they get their full final 2 minute drive with their time outs at the bottom of the 4th quarter. We don't practice that anymore.

This loss was worse than SB 42 in that essence, because we were moving up the field on the last drive. But 50 yard line & 9 seconds with no time-outs is just not going to win you many final drive games. Fix this please.

You have some strange views my friend.

the OL broke down again and the pass defense just isnt good enough.

Weird that he says the core of the patriots LBs is returning --"Mayo and Fletcher"--and doesn't even mention Spikes. Huh?

Obvious typo. There were others, too, like have/having. Dude must have been pretty tired himself.

Weird that he says the core of the patriots LBs is returning --"Mayo and Fletcher"--and doesn't even mention Spikes. Huh?
He actually called him "Brandon Fletcher", so I think he meant Spikes and just had Fletcher on the brain, being another LB and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes