Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots 45, Broncos 10: Post-game report - Extra Points - Boston.com

Great write up, as always.

WHY DID THE PATRIOTS WIN?

Because they're that much better than the Broncos in their offensive and defensive matchups. Besides the interception by Tom Brady and fumble by Stevan Ridley, the offense was basically flawless from start to finish. The defense was incredible throughout as well -- gave up only 10 points (all off turnovers) and racked up 14 negative plays -- as the Patriots exposed the Broncos' offense for a one-trick pony that is difficult to execute and plan for if you've never seen it before, but in the hands of a veteran defense, it's really not much to look at.

More at the link.

p.s. Greg, if you are reading this, you have 1 typo so you're down to an A- this time! ("Ridley was sent to the bench for the rest of the bench...")

This is the same Bedard who was on EEI trashing the Pats (defense) and predicting a close game?

Greg, Shannon Sharpe is on the phone he wants to meet you for a beer to discuss how you'll each present your side of the story of how the Pats are going to piss away the AFCCG.

Last edited:
This is the same Bedard who was on EEI trashing the Pats (defense) and predicting a close game?

Along with a huge portion of this board? Yeah, probably, but I still like reading y'alls posts anyway. ;)

Personally, I love reading his articles. I find him very insightful even if his predictions sometimes go awry.

Last edited:

Greg, Shannon Sharpe is on the phone he wants to meet you for a beer to discuss how you'll each present your side of the story of how the Pats are going to piss away the AFCCG.

I don't expect my sportswriters to be clairvoyant -- reporting and analysis count a lot more with me than predictions. And Bedard is one of the few writers who actually helps readers understand what happened on the field, and why.

Last edited:

Yeah, he was very negative the whole week, listened to him on the DA show and said the Broncos were going to march up and down the field, that the addition of Chung and Spikes will not make any difference.
He is going to act like he has not changed his tune at all, but he was too negative for my liking last week.

never mind, should read the article first :)

Last edited:
I think starting the game on offense and marching down the field to score first
set the tone for the game. I think that was important because of our slow starts lately. I do believe it wasn't Bellichick though but Denver who won the coin toss and chose to kick off.

I think starting the game on offense and marching down the field to score first
set the tone for the game. I think that was important because of our slow starts lately. I do believe it wasn't Bellichick though but Denver who won the coin toss and chose to kick off.

Denver won the toss and deferred, worked out nicely last night as it took only two minutes to score,

OH- O Another pats beat writer is about to bit the dust cause he dared to POSSIBLY diss the team by predicting a close game. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes