Bedard: Part of me Wouldn't Be Surprised if They Cut Vereen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Per tweet:

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they cut Vereen and kept Woodhead. Would be bold.

Seems to be basing this on practice attendance. Allen, Vereen, Spikes, McDonald, Kopa and Shiancoe not at practice.

I would think Vereen is missing because of the ankle injury sustained in the last preseason game.

Last edited:
re: Bedard: "Part of me wouldn't Be Surprised if Vereen Cut"

Now THAT would be a "wow".

I can't get my arms around that one, however.

Last edited:

I would be shocked. Vereen has shown more than enough in the passing game and in the first 2 preseason games to warrant a roster spot. It's way too early to pull the plug on him. This seems like pure speculation on Bedard's part. Personally, I hope it's not true.

He's just throwing around names. Also said Woodhead and Cunningham aren't completely safe.

Greg Bedard lately has been off his game.

By the same logic that he's using here, isn't he also suggesting that Spikes "could" be cut?

Seems like a pretty careless, sensationalist statement, especially when there's an obvious reason why Vereen isn't practicing, in that he got hurt just a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

If not for a strong preseason game in week #2 and increased reps with the 1s in practice and in preseason game #3, maybe, maybe I'd buy it.

But how do you go from competing for the top spot one week and getting cut the next?

They invested a mid 2nd in him, even if he is banged up again, I just can't see them finding one roster spot so valuable as to cut ties with him. Until he tweaked something the other night, I thought he was making a nice push against Ridley for #1 on the depth chart.

Last edited:

It's only an opinion. Sheesh. This thread title is way off the mark.

I also don't rate his abilities at scouting either.

Last edited:

Sounds like wild speculation to me. After all, he did leave the game with an injury. It would make sense for him to be missing from practice.

Cutting him really wouldn't make sense. To be a high draft pick he must've shown something that the Pats liked. To give up on him after an injury plagued rookie season would be foolish in my mind. It's not like he's a huge hit to the cap. He's actually played well at practice.

I would be shocked. Vereen has shown more than enough in the passing game and in the first 2 preseason games to warrant a roster spot. It's way too early to pull the plug on him. This seems like pure speculation on Bedard's part. Personally, I hope it's not true.
Given the choice, I would rather cut Koppen than Vereen.

I don't see it, but one has to wonder if the Patriots can really afford spots for Woodhead, Vereen, AND Demps. Ridley is a lock and Larsen looks like has good chances of making the final roster. Can we afford having Ridley as the only 'big' HB on the final roster or does Bolden make it and 1 of the 3 shifty backs gets the axe?

I don't see it, but one has to wonder if the Patriots can really afford spots for Woodhead, Vereen, AND Demps. Ridley is a lock and Larsen looks like has good chances of making the final roster. Can we afford having Ridley as the only 'big' HB on the final roster or does Bolden make it and 1 of the 3 shifty backs gets the axe?

Larsen is already gone.

Larsen has reportedly been cut.

Larsen's already been cut.

Woodhead is on the bubble and I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut.

Hoyer traded before 53 man deadline

My bad, thanks guys.

I'd rather lose Vereen than Woodhead. Danny knows the system and is a proven player. Vereen seems to split his time equally between the playbook and the injured list.

I'll take Woodhead, thank you very much.

I say cut Bedard.....He has become quite useless...and bordering on being a hater, just to get the HITS to his rumors...Yea cut Bedard,,,

Woodhead is on the bubble and I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut.

Hmmm . . . let's see . . . how many of the RBs have proven experience running the no-huddle with Brady . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes