PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard : How ravens can slow patriots offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they can get to brady and hit/sack him a good amount....pats will struggle....Oline needs to do it's job big time sunday. I think he will have plenty of time

Bingo! if they get to TFB frequently (sacks or hurries), the Patriots offense will struggle. If the OL does a good job giving TFB time, the Patriots will score plenty. The Ravens can try to double WW and AH all they want (they won't be the first team to do it). It will not stop the Patriot offense. No one has stopped this offense without an effective pass rush/blitz of TFB.....

The only shot the Ravens have is to pressure Tom Brady and hit him. That's it. If they can do it consistently, then they will have a shot, otherwise the Patriots will eat their lunch.

What Bedard stated was entirely accurate. That's EXACTLY what the Pats should expect to see. Hell, the Ravens HAVE to try and take Welker and Hernandez out of the game. The good news is that the Pats know this as well. They've had to play a lot of games without Gronk this season and a LOT of teams have tried to take Welker and Hernandez out of the game.

Personally I'll be excited to see how Josh will attack what the Ravens will try and do. Lloyd and the RBs will get a lot of opportunities. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Daniel Fells and or Hooman get a few targets this week.

We've had a second TE on the field for the majority of the snaps in games Gronk and Hernandez have missed. To date, they haven't been thrown to for the most part. It wouldn't shock me to see one of the two #3 TE's have a "Shane Vareen" type game, out of the blue. Fell is a capable receiver, and the Ravens certainly wouldn't be expecting a guy who was a healthy scratch last week get any primary looks this week.

I like the thought - been thinking to myself that we could see a 2 TD game from Hooman or Fells with half the people watching saying "who?"

Also sorry to gripe but man would it be nice to have at least Edelman out there on Sunday... Nevermind Gronkowski.

Bingo! if they get to TFB frequently (sacks or hurries), the Patriots offense will struggle. If the OL does a good job giving TFB time, the Patriots will score plenty. The Ravens can try to double WW and AH all they want (they won't be the first team to do it). It will not stop the Patriot offense. No one has stopped this offense without an effective pass rush/blitz of TFB.....

Gotta admit though, pressure comes when Tom's 1st read options are taken away. Brady is way too good at beating the blitz for it to be a really useful strategy against him. The sacks that come are when a defender totally blows through the blocking scheme (or the blocker's communication fails), and when the coverage is very good and Tom takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away (and risking the intentional grounding penalty).

if the ravens are worrying about double teaming welker and hernandez, then the pats are going to run for 250-300 yards....

there is no pressure on the pats.......this is simply going to be about the ravens picking their poison

no fancy stuff either......2 TE set with hernandez lining up wide and either ridley or vereen in the backfield.....they will be forced to put mcclain on hernandez

honestly? the best chance for the ravens would be to take ray lewis off the field and go largely with ellerby and mcclain which there is about zero chance of happening. as long as he is out there, the pats passing game should focus on isolating ray lewis.....make his retirement come one game too late

I just wanted to add hat the patriots offensive line is fully healthy for the first time going into the playoffs. Lastbuear we had mankind playing on a torn acl and the other ol positions were a mess

Name any other offense of the past ten years where you could take a player of Gronk's excellence off the field and still be talking about this level of domination.

What would we be talking about if he weren't hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes