PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm not sure I agree with his last statement that the Patriots building your team from the inside out is outdated, and teams now build from the outside (CB, WR, etc) in. Not sure I agree with that at all.

Also seems odd: If the Pats are old-fashioned and building inside out, why are the lines such a mess? If anything their situation right now proves it's still inside first.

Hmmm not sure I agree with his last statement that the Patriots building your team from the inside out is outdated, and teams now build from the outside (CB, WR, etc) in. Not sure I agree with that at all.

How so?

I don't either. But I think WRs are more important than they used to be. I would say his attitude about WRs may be outdated.

Granted the secondaries are more important too.

I would say the outside positions are more important than they used to be, but building through the trenches are still most important.

Cmon, I went to college with Felger. So I am about his age. We were both at BU at the time that song came out (I think I took a journalism class with him, but not sure). Unless he was one of those nerds who hid in his dorm room, he would have heard that song every weekend at parties. Virtually every party I went to that year, that song played.
I could care less about how knowledgeable sports radio hosts are about music/pop culture. Congrats on finding a way to let everyone know how cool you are though.

Said the Pats may be behind the times in that they like to build from the inside out (lines) and the league has moved that you need to build from the outside in.
they like to build from the inside out? Feels like they haven't built the inside at all.

Also seems odd: If the Pats are old-fashioned and building inside out, why are the lines such a mess? If anything their situation right now proves it's still inside first.

Still need a minimum level of competence. I think Bedard has a point, but I don't think it's inside/out as much as it is a variance position by position.

I could care less about how knowledgeable sports radio hosts are about music/pop culture. Congrats on finding a way to let everyone know how cool you are though.

Huh? I just think it is bizarre that two guys in their forties could not know that song unless they lived in a cave.

And believe me I am not that cool.

Yet, you don't care if sports hosts know about rap music, but you seem to care a lot if a message board poster does?

I always thought you build a team from the inside out (OL, DL) and go from there. But from Miguel's post, I think I maybe misheard what Bedard was saying.

I always thought you build a team from the inside out (OL, DL) and go from there. But from Miguel's post, I think I maybe misheard what Bedard was saying.

Got it. Thanks for the reply. I actually think it's a good topic for a thread, because I think you'd both be right.

Could all 3 other AFCE teams have a turnover next year (3 new coaches, 3 new QBs)?

Thinks it could be all 3 coaches and 2 QBs (Tannehill would make it)

3 new coaches and 2new QBs in AFC East next year

NFL used to be about building about the middle - Nose tackle, ILB, and safety. Now about outside. Patriots behind curve

they like to build from the inside out? Feels like they haven't built the inside at all.

Still need a minimum level of competence. I think Bedard has a point, but I don't think it's inside/out as much as it is a variance position by position.

Unfortunately they seem to be behind the curve on both inside and outside.

Making the defense too complicated right now

And the offense as well. It just looks like too much Josh McDaniels running plays he "thinks" might work, and not enough calling plays for the players he has on the field that will give them their best chance to succeed.

I imagine there will be a big shift in approach on Sunday night. The one thing we know that the Patriots do is scrap what's not working and move on to things that do.

Jim Harbaugh should be the next Raiders coach

Who should be next Raiders head coach?

- Jim Harbaugh

Personal note: That would make for a very interesting AFCW situation

I was thinking about that these days, there is no right way actually, it all depends on how many picks you hit in previous drafts, players already in place and a lot of other factors.

What I do believe anyway is that the game evolved, the business in the game have changed too and BB is still trying to keep things in the Belichick way, and it's not working anymore, in any kind of business the market dictates things and in NFL is no different, you cannot go against the market. You draft a player, red shirt him for one year, if he's not a 1st round pick you have 3 years out of production and if he pans out he will demand big money or you're gonna lose him for the market.

So my point is that this "long term management" is maybe getting deprecated, it has good things of course but the trade off is that do not maximize your chances to win the SB in a short window and I believe the NFL now is all about these short windows, we will have to look to the Seahawks and 49ers 3 years from now to confirm this.

Top 5 defenders, so far

Watt
Earl Thomas
Cameron Wake
Wilkerson
Kyle Williams

Watt,earl Thomas, wake, Wilkerson, and Kyle Williams - Top 5 defensive players in the NFL now

If draft were tomorrow, who would you pick?

Mariotta, no question

Hmmm...... "Suck a lotta, for Mariotta"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back