PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that weak tackle by Jamie Collins on the Charles TD, Bedard says Collins made it even worse by celebrating like he stopped him. I didn't notice that when watching live, but just went back and watched it, and yup, he flexes after Charles scored the TD.

ugh. That might get some replays in the film room.

Belichick sounded like a complete ass during that cut.

Wow. He'd have been better off giving a real answer for a change. Even "My players suck" would have looked better.

Solder - Outside of strip sack, was solid in both run and pass

Wow. Solder is one of the three positives from Monday night's game? Yikes.

BTW, I don't see how you can not include Garoppolo on the short list of positives from the game. He played well in his NFL debut. Good completion percentage. 1 TD. No turnovers. Took a sack instead of throwing a pick.

BB has become a caricature of himself.

Felger and Mazz show how out of touch they are. Don't know "Going Back to Cali" by LL Cool J when both guys were teenagers when it came out.

BTW, I don't see how you can not include Garoppolo on the short list of positives from the game. He played well in his NFL debut. Good completion percentage. 1 TD. No turnovers. Took a sack instead of throwing a pick.

Backup in a blowout. Other than an extra point with no time on the clock and the game already decided, there's basically nothing less meaningful in football.

Felger and Mazz show how out of touch they are. Don't know "Going Back to Cali" by LL Cool J when both guys were teenagers when it came out.
It could just be that they are not into rap music!

So people really listen to these two hosts all the time huh? I mean when Bedard isn't on? Don't know how you do it. Insufferable.

I listened first time last week and I'm listening again today, Bedard is OK, the hosts are really awful, this felger is an impolite dude who cuts the phone calls from the audience every time and Mass reminds me that fat guy from the 3 stooges, there is bacon in his voice, never saw a picture of him, don't know if he is fat or not, but he sounds like he just came out of a comedy movie when he starts to talk fast and louder and running out of oxygen.

Backup in a blowout. Other than an extra point with no time on the clock and the game already decided, there's basically nothing less meaningful in football.

So naturally Host M included him in his own insightful 3 Up.

It could just be that they are not into rap music!

Cmon, I went to college with Felger. So I am about his age. We were both at BU at the time that song came out (I think I took a journalism class with him, but not sure). Unless he was one of those nerds who hid in his dorm room, he would have heard that song every weekend at parties. Virtually every party I went to that year, that song played.

Last edited:
In the past, BB could rely upon his coaching ability and the coaching staff to make up for drafting (and other) liabilities, and on Tom to help too. That hasn't been the case so far this year.

I listened first time last week and I'm listening again today, Bedard is OK, the hosts are really awful, this felger is an impolite dude who cuts the phone calls from the audience every time and Mass reminds me that fat guy from the 3 stooges, there is bacon in his voice, never saw a picture of him, don't know if he is fat or not, but he sounds like he just came out of a comedy movie when he starts to talk fast and louder and running out of oxygen.

Bedard at least is reasoned and factual (and I know a few here don't always agree with his analysis). But he's so far above the hosts on analysis and measured articulation; and what's pathetic is the way F&M giggle — literally — like school nerds when Bedard the cool guy says something remotely in line with their agenda.

That's because most callers say" Ummm...am I on?...How are you guys? So...blah blah blah.. (while they're phone is breaking up).."

Belichick likes to hold some things back until he has to. Thinks BB didn't think he'd need to put Revis one-on-one yet. Says the big test comes against the Bengals. Thinks that BB's been holding back, but that changes Sunday night.

"Stop screwing around and being cute."

Bedard at least is reasoned and factual (and I know a few here don't always agree with his analysis). But he's so far above the hosts on analysis and measured articulation; and what's pathetic is the way F&M giggle — literally — like school nerds when Bedard the cool guy says something remotely in line with their agenda.

Felger and Mazz do big picture. Bedard's there for the details. It's actually a good idea.

I still think Felger's garbage, though.

Said that Belichick doesn't like to risk high picks on WR because of the system.

Again pounding on the offensive scheme being too complicated.

Said the Pats may be behind the times in that they like to build from the inside out (lines) and the league has moved that you need to build from the outside in.

Hmmm not sure I agree with his last statement that the Patriots building your team from the inside out is outdated, and teams now build from the outside (CB, WR, etc) in. Not sure I agree with that at all.

NFL used to be about building about the middle - Nose tackle, ILB, and safety. Now about outside. Patriots behind curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes