PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What??? How is it too complicated did he expand?

Said they play way too passive against QBs who can run like Tannehill and Alex Smith. Not much else about it though.

What??? How is it too complicated did he expand?
He said when we have too many different personnel packages, players are unsure of what technique they're supposed to be playing. Especially against teams who have a lot of different formations like KC.

Personal observation....

One thing seems clear: Bedard does not think Belichick has done a good job of coaching this team this year, at least in comparison to other seasons.

Personal observation....

One thing seems clear: Bedard does not think Belichick has done a good job of coaching this team this year, at least in comparison to other seasons.

As Homer, First Class, even I'd agree with that.

Bedard's Ups:

1. LaFell
2. Wilfork
3. Solder - Thought he had a solid game other than the sack

Wow. Lists Solder as #3 is "Three Up." Board meltdown to ensue.

3 up (Bedard doesn't do special teams for this)

LaFell - played well, though he should have shaken Smith on the crossing pattern
Wilfork- played well, sack assist, 4 run stuffs
Solder - Outside of strip sack, was solid in both run and pass

So people really listen to these two hosts all the time huh? I mean when Bedard isn't on? Don't know how you do it. Insufferable.

Fells better about team after watching film. Monday was just one of those games that happens once in a while. It feels worse than it is because of their struggles so far.

Early struggles come down to 4 decisions:

Mankins
Kelly
Dante
Pepper Johnson

Scarnecchia retired, how can that be avoided???... He is 66, how much longer do you think he could have stayed.. those long work weeks take a toll.

Pepper Johnson, did not get the DC position and decided to move on, he had been with BB for about 28 years.

Not sure how you say those are poor decisions..

Kelly maybe, but Mankins skills seemed to be diminishing..

Bedard's Downs

1. Chandler Jones - Played like he gave up on plays. He just doesn't play well inside although he is playing there less.
2. Collins - Should play subpackages covering TE and not every down
3. Three way tie - Flemming (some promise at guard, but a rough go against a great DT), Brady (played decent in first half and "checked out after halftime"), and Pat Chung

3 up

Lafell, Wilfork, Nate Solder (wat?)

3 down

Chandler Jones , Collins , Fleming tied with Brady

3 down

Chandler Jones- 5 poor run plays, seemed to 'give up' when he was kicked inside
- Inserted Tommy Kelly rant here, about why Jones has to move inside "No wonder guys like Brady are ticked off"

Jamie Collins - "He is pretty useless", may need to play one of the nobody linebackers and just bring Collins in on subpackages

3way tie at #3
Fleming - sees promise there, but rough go
Brady - Played decent in the 1st half, looked like he checked out after that
Chung - "Pat Chung was Pat Chung again"

S

Simply by taking off the homer glasses, But take it up with Bedard. It's his stuff I'm posting.

Q: Your team has been successful for so long. How difficult is it to adjust to the adversity of Monday night’s game and get back on track? This team and organization hasn’t had these sort of issues in the past.

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati.

Q: You mentioned Tom Brady’s age at the draft –

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think having a 37-year old –

Belichick: We’re on to Cincinnati. It’s nothing about the past, nothing about the future. Right now we’re preparing for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think the talent you have here is good?

BB: We’re getting ready for Cincinnati.

Q: Do you think you’ve done enough to help Tom Brady?

Belichick: We’re getting ready for Cincinnati. That’s what we’re doing.

He sounds pretty jacked about getting on to Cincinnati. I wonder if anybody told Coach Belichick that it's a home game. Maybe it would just be easier on everybody if he caught the plane on Saturday.

On that weak tackle by Jamie Collins on the Charles TD, Bedard says Collins made it even worse by celebrating like he stopped him. I didn't notice that when watching live, but just went back and watched it, and yup, he flexes after Charles scored the TD.

Scarnecchia retired, how can that be avoided???... He is 66, how much longer do you think he could have stayed.. those long work weeks take a toll.

Pepper Johnson, did not get the DC position and decided to move on, he had been with BB for about 28 years.

Kelly maybe, but Mankins skills seemed to be diminishing..

I think Bedard meant moves/losses. I don't think he meant that the Pats decided to let Scar and Pepper go.

I agree with Bedard about Kelly. I didn't get that one. I was ok with the Mankins one and I still don't think it is as big as a loss as people make it out to be.

On that weak tackle by Jamie Collins on the Charles TD, Bedard says Collins made it even worse by celebrating like he stopped him. I didn't notice that when watching live, but just went back and watched it, and yup, he flexes after Charles scored the TD.

Maybe Collins went to the Chris Canty "School of Celebrating at Stupid Times".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back