PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review: Patriots vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning for more than one year isn't a sufficient excuse to **** up a unit. I'm sure the OL will come good but jesus, it's got some terrible players in there.

How exactly is the unit F'ed up?

Now I finally understand why he kept reporting in as an eligible receiver in the beginning of the year. I was always wondering why he was doing that.

Belichick plans for more than one year.

I believe the original plan before and during the Draft, was to get two interior linemen in this Draft; and another to replace Mankins next Draft, when the dead money CAP was more ameanable to handle.

That would result in a rebuilt young, talented, interior, to go with the previously rebuilt Tackles. The entire Offense, the skill positions, WRs, TEs, RBs would have been rebuilt; and should be together for several years.

Devey's young. has had very little time to advance his play on the field of play, yet has been thrust into a highly responsible role on the OL. Give him some time. There's no doubt he has played better the last two weeks than his previous outings. So maybe given 6 more weeks he will be playing increasingly better and hopefully smarter.

A common theme, whether it's the OL, the WRs, Dominique Easley, or others, is that many people on the board seem extremely impatient and want immediate impact, or else they label someone a "bust". I know that Brady isn't getting any younger, but BB has shown no signs that he takes the "window is closing" view. He's building the team for the long term, both this season and beyond.

Does that mean we are going to have to listen to more tuba player references during the Bedard segment of Felger and Mazz?

was he checking to see if the paint was ok?

Watching that play it looked like the Pats were in a running formation which would explain why Devey was in the EZ. It seems to me that maybe Brady checked out of it and Devey missed the audible? Or, perhaps Brady changed up last second to a more favorable passing play matchup which didn't materialize and then it was too late to hand the ball off ?

Does that mean we are going to have to listen to more tuba player references during the Bedard segment of Felger and Mazz?
People who like Felger and Maz listen for an average of 47 mins/day.
People who hate Felger and Maz listen for an average of 64 mins/day.
People who obsess about F & M listen for 4 hours but deny their addiction

People still listen to that show? My final straw is when they were calling Kraft out for giving $$ to that charity becasue he "wants you to know" F that noise

Yep and I know Bedard is just breaking down film but he really should have kept that one to himself. Because all it does is cue up the squeaky idiot for some stupid joke about him looking for the marching band.

Last edited:
Watching that play it looked like the Pats were in a running formation which would explain why Devey was in the EZ. It seems to me that maybe Brady checked out of it and Devey missed the audible? Or, perhaps Brady changed up last second to a more favorable passing play matchup which didn't materialize and then it was too late to hand the ball off ?
No that can't be it. Clearly Devey just doesn't know that an OL can't run 10 yards downfield on a pass play. Its much more fun to criticize him for being incompetent and a moron than to identify why the mistake happened.

People who like Felger and Maz listen for an average of 47 mins/day.
People who hate Felger and Maz listen for an average of 64 mins/day.
People who obsess about F & M listen for 4 hours but deny their addiction

I used to like the show. I listened all the time. Now I basically only listen to the Bedard, Perillo, and Gasper segments (because there is a rational voice above all the noise). Otherwise, I listen to Dale and Holley or a podcast like PFW. I might switch to Felger and Mazz if Dale and Holley are in commercial.

Personally, I think Felger and Mazz have fallen into the same trap that Glenn Ordway did. They are starting to buy into their ratings dominance and going overboard with their on air personas. It made Ordway unlistenable and it has made Felger and Mazz unlistenable.

People still listen to that show? My final straw is when they were calling Kraft out for giving $$ to that charity becasue he "wants you to know" F that noise

Only for their guests. They get some of the best analysts for their show. I wish Bedard and Perillo would do Gresh and Zo instead because, even though they are Patriots homers (ironic since Gresh is really a Steelers fan), they at least talk football without all the BS and snarkiness that bogs down their segments with Felger and Mazz.

That goes without saying, but from what I've heard myself and what the people who post updates on here, Bedard doesn't put up with too much of the soap opera schtick. bedard's there to talk football, x's and o's, and he doesn't suffer fools, especially f&m...

I'm actually waiting for Bedard to loose it on them at some point!

Yep and I know Bedard is just breaking down film but he really should have kept that one to himself. Because all it does is cue up the squeaky idiot for some stupid joke about him looking for the marching band.

I love Bedard but he is such a bad fit for the show. He is so uncomfortable with all the snarky stuff that Felger and Mazz do. He is so above it and tries to be the good soldier and not call them out. They should just let Bedard do his thing, but they (especially Mazz) cannot help themselves to make themselves the center of attention.

That goes without saying, but from what I've heard myself and what the people who post updates on here, Bedard doesn't put up with too much of the soap opera schtick. bedard's there to talk football, x's and o's, and he doesn't suffer fools, especially f&m...

I'm actually waiting for Bedard to loose it on them at some point!

He doesn't play along, but it doesn't stop Felger and Mazz from doing all their schtick. It is actually awkward radio because you can feel that Bedard is uncomfortable. They do joke that Bedard wants to quit and that he hates them.

I love Bedard but he is such a bad fit for the show. He is so uncomfortable with all the snarky stuff that Felger and Mazz do. He is so above it and tries to be the good soldier and not call them out. They should just let Bedard do his thing, but they (especially Mazz) cannot help themselves to make themselves the center of attention.

He goes against almost everything they say. felger will say..pats running O sucks...then bedard says.....well no and here's why

He doesn't play along, but it doesn't stop Felger and Mazz from doing all their schtick. It is actually awkward radio because you can feel that Bedard is uncomfortable. They do joke that Bedard wants to quit and that he hates them.
You do have to admit Bedard is a humorless wonk whose personality is designed for print only. The beauty of the Bedard segments is the Oscar Madison/Felix Unger interaction.

He goes against almost everything they say. felger will say..pats running O sucks...then bedard says.....well no and here's why

Yep. Every time he gives a fact that contradicts their opinion they do a run around to try to make it like their opinion still holds water even though Bedard absolutely killed their theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes