PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Fateful pass a rare type for Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered why Brady made that type of throw when a harder, better throw would have made it to Welker before the safety did at the time, and have since. It just didn't seem necessary. That said, though, Welker was able to get in position to make the catch and Brady did put more air under the ball to give Welker the best chance to catch that kind of ball. It hit Welker in the hands and he dropped it before he could secure it. The ball was there and it would have likely put the dagger in the Giants but he simply didn't make the catch... and that's that. I look forward to seeing what he'll do next season.

The camera angle also makes it look like the ball was wobbling rather than coming in straight and tight.

Anyhow, Bedard makes a great point that this is not the kind of catch at which Welker is proven to excel.

It hit him in both hands, period. You have to make that catch.

The camera angle also makes it look like the ball was wobbling rather than coming in straight and tight.

Anyhow, Bedard makes a great point that this is not the kind of catch at which Welker is proven to excel.

I watched the replay last night and it was a good spiral.

Most elite receivers make that play.

I watched the replay last night and it was a good spiral.

Most elite receivers make that play.

well..sometimes sh*t happens to the best of them. Remember the Pitt/Dal superbowl- The ball hit the Dallas WR -dont know who it was - right between the numbers in the endzone and he dropped it. If it were today's media coverage,he wouldve been run out of town especially in boston.

well..sometimes sh*t happens to the best of them. Remember the Pitt/Dal superbowl- The ball hit the Dallas WR -dont know who it was - right between the numbers in the endzone and he dropped it. If it were today's media coverage,he wouldve been run out of town especially in boston.

I want Welker on the team I just dont want him paid like a top receiver when he has a limited skill set.

"Before the Super Bowl, Welker was thrown 10 passes on which he had to leave his feet to make the catch and he caught eight of them."

this is amazing..only 10 passes he had to jump for

Jackie Smith, Cowboys TE. The interesting thing is, that was a game that was a rematch from three years earlier. Some people say that that drop may have cost Jackie a chance at the HOF.

Jackie Smith - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back