PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Broncos should hire Rex as DC after this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/bedard-broncos-should-race-after-rex-ryan

I would love the shot at beating Toesy three times this year... so... go ahead, Broncos...

makemyday.jpeg

...make my day. :D

Rex is better off with the SF head coaching job

They'll pay him in cake...

caketoe.jpg

Note the URL. LMAO!!!

Last edited:
LOL Same team as Welker Hahaha

No it won't be. Welker is a free agent after this season and it is really doubtful he will be re-signed.

Between 98.5 and CSNNE it's just getting worse n worse with "headline grabbers" "clicks" etc... Rex is thinking about getting a head coaching gig.. That would raise an eyebrow if I was an owner..

If I'm Rex I take a menial NFL job adviser or whatever for a year then I get back to head coach.
This guys health has to be in serious peril after coaching the Jets.

Also.. How would Jack Del Rio respond to that one.. Sheesh.. Bill Obrien's situation was different. He was already confirmed to go to PSU

The ultimate irony would be: Broncos hire Rex to plan for Brady and then lose in the first round and never face the Pats.

By first round, you mean the wildcard round, right? :D

I'd still rather face that combo than Pitt.

All respect for Bedard has now been lost. That's such a dumb thing to say because it makes absolutely zero football sense. You can't just add Rex to any team and that turns them into capable of stopping Brady within a week or two. Just dumb.

All respect for Bedard has now been lost. That's such a dumb thing to say because it makes absolutely zero football sense. You can't just add Rex to any team and that turns them into capable of stopping Brady within a week or two. Just dumb.

What I think he may have meant to say was that Ryan would serve in a consulting capacity- aid Del Rio in putting together a few packages that will confuse Brady. Then after this season, Ryan steps into the DC role full-time.

This does make a lot of sense, and Denver would be dumb not to explore this scenario because they have two solid CBs which should allow them to gamble a lot up front, which is something Del Rio doesn't really exploit. Brady eats Del Rio's lunch, but has a lot more difficulty with Ryan who is still capable, even to this day, of throwing Brady off. Ryan was masterful in wedging the gaps and creating lanes.

The OL got beat up this past Sunday, but IIRC only one or two sacks were given up via failed BOB (e.g., technique) but the rest were bad protection calls (for example the Vereen/Gronk sack).

I don't know if "solve" was Bedard's word or the author's, but I think a better term would be "salvage," given the recent outcomes of Del Rio vs Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes