PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Aqib Talib trade signals change in Patriots philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! A bit harsh I think.

.... and Bedard doubles down, again.

The conscience of the team is gone. Myra Kraft is gone; the franchise lives on and re-invents itself.

Be serious! Signing Dennard and Talib is much more like the raiders or bengals than like the patriots.

Last edited:
We get it Bedard, You are Butt hurt over the Talib Acquisition. why does it mean that we have to throw out the idea that the patriots prefer captains and leaders because we traded for Talib. Perhaps Belichicks drafting of leaders made a trade like this possible. Perhaps if our locker room wasn't as strong as it is due to its leadership, we wouldn't have made this trade.

Stupid Article.

Hey Bedard................................

Ironman%20GTFO.gif

There’s only one thing we do know: The Patriots unquestionably have become a win-at-all-costs organization. They’ll entertain the acquisition of any player, no matter his issues, as long as he is talented.

Wow, what a douche...

Stupid article. People should not hold a football player to higher standards than themselves or their friends & family.

Awful article. He decided to tell people what they think then tell them they are wrong.
There is an agenda behind this. I don't know what, but this is written like he is personally offended by someone.

The conscience of the team is gone. Myra Kraft is gone; the franchise lives on and re-invents itself.

Be serious! Signing Dennard and Talib is much more like the raiders or bengals than like the patriots.

Ty Law's "cousin" says hello. Randy Moss would, too, but he's too busy getting ready for the 49ers game.

For non-subscribers, an excerpt:

There’s only one thing we do know: The Patriots unquestionably have become a win-at-all-costs organization. They’ll entertain the acquisition of any player, no matter his issues, as long as he is talented.
They shouldn’t even bother to remove players from their draft board, because they obviously feel they can shape up anyone who appears to like football. Don’t go through the dance, just pick the player if that’s what you believe. It’s your organization, run it how you want to.

But I think we can stop with all the silly talk about how the Patriots look for leadership or being a captain, or any other nonsense. They’re looking for talent. The baggage is completely negotiable.

If you’re on board with the Talib trade, please answer this question: Where is the line on character for the Patriots (and many other teams)? Really, I’d like to know.

If that’s what you want, fine. But please, spare everyone any holier-than-thou notions about what the Patriots represent.

I love Bedard's work — it's a pleasure to read the work of an actual adult — and I can see some of what he's saying, but I think this is a bit overwrought. Sounds like something the Globe's whiny children like Gasper or Shaughnessy or Mazzerrotti would write.

Sure, I raise my eyebrows a bit at the trade (and Bedard does a nice job outlining Talib's past bad decisions); but I can't agree with the idea that it's a shockingly new slippery slope. First, it's the NFL - -these are tough guys, and many come with baggage. The Pats like to kick tires on guys with spotty off-the-field records; it worked with Dillon and Cox and Moss. Not so much with Haynesworth. But Albert didn't stick around long, did he?

I can live with "if you come here and play well and behave, it helps both of us." My only gripe is that the cost for both Haynesworth and Talib has been pretty high. If Talib helps the Pats win a Super Bowl it will be because he did what he was supposed to do on AND off the field. I can live with that.

This idiocy that Myra Kraft was the conscience of the franchise is ridiculous. A nice elderly lady was put in front of the camera a few times, so all of a sudden the Patriots only want choir boys?
Every NFL team has thugs on it. Many of them.

He's not from around here and doesn't have the bias we do so he simply calls it as he sees it, hard to fault him for that. I thought the breakdown from his film review on Talib was an interesting and fair assessment. I'm also curious to see how he plays when he's finally on the field.

Last edited:
He mad at someone or something..

I think Ian needs to ban any patsfan poster who has been in a fight or smoked a joint. Oh yeah ban anybody who's yelled at an official! Oh crap on second thought scrap that!!

Ty Law's "cousin" says hello. Randy Moss would, too, but he's too busy getting ready for the 49ers game.

Kevin Faulks jacket, Brandon Spikes medicine cabinet, and David Meggetts character dropped a line as well.

He's not from around here and doesn't have the bias we do so he simply calls it as he sees it, hard to fault him for that. I thought the breakdown from his film review on Talib was an interesting and fair assessment. I'm also curious to see how he plays when he's finally on the field.

I disagree Ian, I think his article is full of bias. I don't know where it comes from, but writing an article to define what fans of a team believe then telling them they are wrong is coming from a point of bias.

Calling something a change in philosophy by inventing a philosophy you want to believe they had, then discounting every other move that conflicts with your new theory is not an objective approach.

More interesting is how he claims Talib plays best with straight up man to man. Curious how the pats play him.

Kevin Faulks jacket, Brandon Spikes medicine cabinet, and David Meggetts character dropped a line as well.

Bryan Cox will, no doubt, be stopping by later, along with Willie McGinest, Brandon Meriweather, Ted Washington and Corey Dillon. They'll all be talking about how drafting Aaron Hernandez was the end of "the Patriots way".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes