PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beckett Just hasn't been that good

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I mean I'm not sure if this is another case of a good NL pitcher who just becomes average in the AL. I am getting sick of seeing this guy get hammered. Yeah...he is 13-6, but other then a couple of his wins, most of them came from strong run support. He is giving up the long ball at a scaqry pace and I'm just not sure he is worth his reputation or the contract he was just given. I mean his ERA is 5.00.........That just doesn't make you a #1 or #2 in most rotations. And this is the guy who is supposed to be our #1 when Schilling is gone............

I think any player coming to either the Red Sox or the Yankees needs a one year grace period. As Mark Loretta said "No disrespect to Milwaukee or San Diego, but this is the real major leagues here."

Last edited:
I now am convinced we have wasted agood bit of $$$$ on this joker now....He has allowed more runs then any pitcher in the AL or NL since April.......

becket's record is deceiving becuase he has beaten up on bad teams and gotten shelled by good ones. i don't buy that crap of "he's young, let him develop" becuase the reason the sox got him becuase he was a "proven big game pitcher (look at the 03 series)" Beckett has not made the switch to the AL and he is getting hammered becuase he can't adjust and is too stubborn. We can hope he will get better, but he has done nothing but go downhill so far------and on top of all that he's a headcase:rolleyes:

And the sad part is that Hanley will be an all-star in another year or so, and will be for most of his career.

Insaneirish said:
And the sad part is that Hanley will be an all-star in another year or so, and will be for most of his career.

That, and hanley will probably be the starting SS on a playoff team this year while beckett sits at home:bricks:

He, Beckett's been pretty good has last 2 starts. Wouldn't have given up any runs against Oakland with an average outfield. Hopefully that's more like what we'll see next year.

Let's hope so since we got him locked up for a while:cool:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back