Welcome to PatsFans.com

Beavis Works for Famous Taco in Lansing, Michigan, and Was Robbed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Jul 13, 2011.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

I've always wondered what happened to the old chap. A living legend. One of the best actors I've seen since Fred Flintstone and Sean Penn in Fast Times at Riddgy High.

But I've wondered on and off...what ever happened to him? I remember waiting in line, wearing a Richard Nixon mask for hours to see his movie with his great sidekick, Butthead.

Famous Taco delivery driver robbed

Well, I think we got a positive ID. You read the article and be the judge of my detective work.

I will say this, however. When delivering to a bad part of town at 2:37 am and the destination is a vacant lot, don't just sit there with an index finger up one's nose and the doors unlocked.

And is it too much to ask that delivery people arm themselves, after appropriate training and permits? Studies show it's a fallacy to follow the common advice and just give into the bad guy. It's better to resist. The best chances of being left unhurt follow from vigorous defense.

Like in football.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

This thread will die right out, liberals seem to have some ungodly affection for Criminals.
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

Harry, stop with the lies or prove your contention that liberals "have some ungodly affection for Criminals." Your garbage continually makes this board a much worse place.

What conversation do you expect to take place?

State, given your assessment of how stupid the driver was (and I only skimmed the article, but it wasn't clear that he was just sitting there waiting to get robbed -- one logical step in that situation is to call the restaurant to make sure the address you have is correct, or to see if there was a phone # given -- though in a bad area, I'd agree with you, I'd at least move on down the block before doing so), I'm not sure a firearm is really the best solution.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Just do what they do in cartoons. Put your finger in the barrel of the gun and it will blow up un the face of the bad guy!
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is the OP trying to say that the victim would have been better off if he had a gun even though he was outnumbered two to one?

There were over 400,000 robberies in 2009. 42% of those involved a firearm. That breaks down to 100 armed robberies a day in the USA.

Violent Crime - Crime in the United States 2009

Why the need for a thread on something that occurs 100 times everyday?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Oh yes, kissy kissy smooch smooch, do everything possible not to hurt the poor little scumbag, turn the streets over to the criminal at night, stay in your home, lock your doors and hide under your bed, don't order a pizza after dark.

Tra la la twiddle dee dee
    It gives me a thrill
    To shoot a f-cking scumbag
    And watch his blood spill