Welcome to PatsFans.com

Beautiful politics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

From a purely cynical point of view, what the Democrats have orchestrated by grilling the Goldman-Sachs executives at the same time as the voting on Wall Street reform is quite brilliant. The degree to which it resonates with a public still angry over unemployment remains to be seen, but it certainly will resonate with some of those so-called Reagan Democrat types of blue collar workers.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

The Goldman Sachs people are Saints compared to those bastards in Washington especially the Auntie Pelosi Gang of closed door bastards.

Somebody should be grilling Congress
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I respect that fact that you admit the Democrats are employing sleazy tactics to advance their agenda, but I am having a hard time respecting your open admiration for those sleazy tactics.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I actually admired Karl Rove. One of the things I like about politics is the politics. It is a sport, but in theory with goals that serve the public. Karl Rove was the Bill Belichick of politics, but in the last election, it was Axelrod. Indeed, if you don't think the nature of politics is to engage in sleazy tactics, then you know nothing about American history, because there are examples of this dating back to at least 1800 when the Federalists accused the Democratic-Republicans of plotting to burn down churches. It's the nature of the beast in democracy. It's also part of fighting for what you believe, when you have to convince people from so many different walks of life, not just people who pay attention to politics.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, I acknowledge sleazy tactics are a part of politics, as Democrats have demonstrated time and again. I remember the left's reprehensible treatment of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas, for example.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Jeez, Wolf, lighten up. It's a dance - and no one dances alone. There are no winners if there were no other players.

If everyone would get over selective amnesia we'd all be a lot better off.
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

:confused: He supports what?
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Where the he!! did THAT come from?????
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +614 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

This is actually a very good thread because there is also a tie in here to the Obama administration's bypass of the White House press corps. He's not the first ... but his administration is bringing it to new levels. I'm not so sure it's good for us ... but it is what it is (It's what it's ... w'sup Nep) and politics is won in the trenches ... just like football.