PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Beating the pats.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Banks better get to Vegas right away.

Using his "Probability of Upset" formula, he can make a mint betting against the Patriots making the Super Bowl.

I understand that there is a chance the Patriots don't play well and lose before the Super Bowl, but *Gesh* those probabilities are wacko.

Last edited:
Banks has been very pro Patriots this year on NEST but those numbers are way too high, IMO.

That's fine, write what you want about those you think that may stand a chance to beat us...

From where I sit watching this team over the past few weeks - I think many are blinded by Brady to Moss records, 16-0 and Colts & Jags.

What I see are two significant developments lately:

1) The emergence of Maroney.

2) A healthy Richard Seymour beginning to lead a defense that is looking like it will be shutting people down (and up) come playoff time.

I really think we ARE going 19-0 folks....

That's fine, write what you want about those you think that may stand a chance to beat us...

From where I sit watching this team over the past few weeks - I think many are blinded by Brady to Moss records, 16-0 and Colts & Jags.

What I see are two significant developments lately:

1) The emergence of Maroney.

2) A healthy Richard Seymour beginning to lead a defense that is looking like it will be shutting people down (and up) come playoff time.

I really think we ARE going 19-0 folks....

I honestly think that the only team that will beat the Patriots is the Patriots.

What I mean by this is that the Patriots will only lose on account of Brady/Belichick's arrogance.

Our defense is currently only average, (although if the Dline can also continue their recent dominant play against good teams and clean up their overpursuit on stretch plays, it will be a very good defense), but we have the offensive pieces to make that irrelevant. The Pats O can and should be able to score at will against ANY D in the playoffs, even the Colts. However, if Brady continues to refuse to take the short stuff and insists on trying to get one big play by throwing deep to a well covered Moss while ignoring other open receivers, then the Pats will lose. The Pats will also lose if Belichick refuses to adjust to how defenses are playing, and continues to make the Pats O predictable by using Maroney as a runner only and then immediately pulling him when he gets 2 or less yards.

I, like some others, also think Brady has been obsessed with record setting and had hoped to get it out of the way yesterday. Let's hope that it's gotten out of the way early on Saturday so that we can actually have an efficient offense for the first time in 3 weeks.

Harrison with that "troubled bruised knee". LOL!! I'm sorry Harrison is injured, but that probably should read that possibly career ending knee injury.

No way they hold him out that long with a "troublesome" injury that's going to be fine by playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back