Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bears | Bannister signed
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:00:55 -0700

ChicagoBears.com reports the Chicago Bears have signed free agent WR Alex Bannister (Seahawks) to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

BB thought highly of him on special teams, and when he was released, there was speculation here and I believe from Felger that he could be New England bound.

Last edited:
I am not %100 positive that the Pats will bring in another wide reciever and if they do I think it will most likely be done in a trade.

The reason for my opinion is because of the fact that we have 3 TE's, one TE/FB hybrid dude and 3 RB's that can catch out of the Backfield.

maybe its because we dont need a ST player is why we didnt sign him. Hes not much of a WR..he doesnt return kicks..hes just a ST player and we have plenty of them. Jones, Mitchell, Scott, Izzo, Davis are our better ST players. If we sign a WR..hes likely capable of playing #4-5 spot and bring in competition for Andrews at return man.

btw has anyone heard anything on Mel Mitchell?

Remix 6 said:
btw has anyone heard anything on Mel Mitchell?
I saw a pic of him in camp..but other than that???? MIA..I guess.... I agree only ST even though his agent wanted him to play WR..BUT he's tried and is NOT very good..yet...a good pickup by the Bears...

Belichick thinks highly of any player on any opposing team. He told us how fierce the Cardinals where back in 2004. I don't believe what he says, only what he does.

It was funny when he went on and on in this year's draft about the great class of linebackers, and all the different options available. The media really bought into it, as did most of us. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back