Reaction score
I heard on NFL live that Bears RBThomas Jones asked for a trade
Is he a is a solid backup?

He is a solid starter!

I heard on NFL live that Bears RBThomas Jones asked for a trade
Is he a is a solid backup?

lol..is he a solid backup hahah

he wouldnt like it here..he wants to be "the man" and be "paid"

I would trade a high pick for Jones if the contract price is right. He would elevate our RB position to true elite status.

I think he would be amenable to sharing the load for the right price, especially for a potential SB team.

He wants to be a starter and he is a solid starter why would split carries and get paid like a split or backup back when he is a featured back,

I think he would be amenable to sharing the load for the right price, especially for a potential SB team.

Umm, then why is he wanting out of that exact situation in Chicago?

Dude wants to start. He has been very very vocal about his role as starter and being "the man" ever since Benson was drafted. I think fact that Chicago was working Benson more into rotation in the playoffs caused TJ to see writing on the wall.

He wants to go to a team, start, and get paid. In that order.

Dude wants to start. He has been very very vocal about his role as starter and being "the man" ever since Benson was drafted. I think fact that Chicago was working Benson more into rotation in the playoffs caused TJ to see writing on the wall.

TJ wanted out last year aswell. he wants to be paid more and doesnt want a young stud behind him..he knows Benson would eventually take over unless he played like LT. He knows the organization picked Benson at #4 or w.e and that they WANT to get him playing and not sort of have it go to waste

I can see Thomas Jones doing a good job for another team and I hope the Bears know something about Cedric Benson that I have not seen cause he has not shown me anything when I have watched the Bears play.

Last edited:
Da Bears seem to be having some internal issues since they lost the SB.

TJ is a much better back than Benson - Benson's is no where close to where he should be as a top pick a few years ago. TJ, on the other had, struggled with Arizona, broke through slightly with TB and is now a top 10 back in the NFL.

The FA that could be a big back to compelment Maroney is Chris Brown from the titans.

Valid point on situation in Chicago.

If he really wants more carries, this isn't the place for him to be. Maroney would steal more carries from him than Benson. Good points.

If the Patriots were to be interested in a Jones brother does anyone think Julius Jones could become available because of the departure of Parcells, and the emergence of Marion Barber?

The FA that could be a big back to compelment Maroney is Chris Brown from the titans.

word up nut

said the same thing today and my idiot manager went immediately to the 'he runs too upright' crap

I've been watching that dude run since CU and his problem isn't his 'uprightness', it is his inability to stay on the field. He's 26 and has low mileage.

On the flipside, word is that Chris Perry may be available from Cinn...

I dont like thim, I wouldnt want him on my team

From John Clayton's notes on espn.com:

"Don't expect the Bears to trade Thomas Jones either. Even though Jones wants out of Chicago to get an improved contract and a clear starting job, the Bears won't accept an undervalued deal. The Bears might not accept anything less than a first-round pick and another pick."

Seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes