PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears' RB Thomas Jones available for a late 3rd rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
would allow the bears to start benson
this would def help out the colts
if this doesnt go through, they may look to acquire domanick davis

Now Jones is a guy I like, I'd like the Patriots to get him if we could get him signed to a decent contract.

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled about the Colts getting him cheap but he's still a step down from The Edge.

patsfan55 said:
would allow the bears to start benson
this would def help out the colts
if this doesnt go through, they may look to acquire domanick davis

And if Benson gets hurt, what would the Bears have for a backup?
Jones had 314 carries last year, Benson 67....IMO the Bears are taking a big chance rather than keeping both like the Fins.....
Even with Rosenhaus, Jones doesn't have the leverage that TO had in Philly. If he tries to hold out, they play Benson fulltime.... Jones loses no matter what....
From indy's perspective it makes lots of sense. While he's a step or two down from Edge, it's not like they are throwing a rookie to the wolves....

Adrian Peterson is their backup whos played very well when given the opportunity..and no its not AP from OS

I am a fan of Thomas Jones and would be happy to see the Pats trade for him. Since Angelo is BB's good friend, I'm sure the subject has been broached between them, but maybe BB is married to Corey for the time being.

7 year vet, about 28 years old, just rushed for 1,300 yards. Considering the pats success drafting RB's in the 3rd or 4th round the past few years like Redmond and Cobbs, trading one of this years third round picks for Thomas Jones sounds like a good idea.

...or at least we could bid up the prices of Davis/Jones with no intention of signing.

BelichickFan said:
I'm not thrilled about the Colts getting him cheap but he's still a step down from The Edge.

i look at it as them getting a lesser player than James at the cost of a another player (3rd rounder) in a deep draft...that pick is far more valuable to Indy based upon their current model of depending upon cheap FAs and draft picks for depth while paying a smaller core more heavily than the league average appears to...

Jones may have just run for 1300, but career-wise he is not all that impressive--6 years, 3 teams, 1 1000yd season...

meh

Flying Fungi said:
i look at it as them getting a lesser player than James at the cost of a another player (3rd rounder) in a deep draft...that pick is far more valuable to Indy based upon their current model of depending upon cheap FAs and draft picks for depth while paying a smaller core more heavily than the league average appears to...

Jones may have just run for 1300, but career-wise he is not all that impressive--6 years, 3 teams, 1 1000yd season...

meh

Having watched a bit of Jones, first as an Arizona resident, and then as a fantasy football owner, I'm not sure he fits in that well here. Belichick seems to prefer (or maybe the offensive line seems to require) a running back who takes the ball, picks out the hole, and gets through it. Antowain and Corey are perfect examples. Jones seems to be a bit more hesitant, looking to cut things back.

I still think a better signing would be Jonathan Wells, who to my knowledge is still UFA, or LaBrandon Toefield, RFA. Long on potential, short on compensation.

Flying Fungi said:
i look at it as them getting a lesser player than James at the cost of a another player (3rd rounder) in a deep draft
There's no doubt it's a double net loss for them. Plus, in all the hysteria about Vinatitraitor, the media is forgetting that they lost two pretty good defensive players too. It's just that I had visions on them using their #1 pick on a RB making a bad situation even worse :)

BelichickFan said:
There's no doubt it's a double net loss for them. Plus, in all the hysteria about Vinatitraitor, the media is forgetting that they lost two pretty good defensive players too. It's just that I had visions on them using their #1 pick on a RB making a bad situation even worse :)

one can only hope :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back