PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears/Panthers game play - JUST LIKE THE BAILEY PLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas Jones gets hit at the 1, the ball pops loose and knocks down the pylon.

Touchdown.

Wow. Fox is challenging.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Thomas Jones gets hit at the 1, the ball pops loose and knocks down the pylon.

Touchdown.

Wow. Fox is challenging.

The only difference is that this one is legit....and conclusive...

Just another horrible call by the alleged cream of the NFL officiating crop. That was not anywhere close to being a TD. He might have been a full yard short when he lost the ball.

On an unrelated note, why is Chicago not doubling Smith every single play?

broncoted said:

The real difference is there is a camera angle that shows what happenned so we know for sure. Last night there was none.

Call REVERSED.

Walt Coleman says it would have been a touchback if there wasn't a facemask. 1/2 distance to goal.

Last edited:
broncoted said:

It was legit last night, too, just not as conclusive. Get bent.

Na_polian said:
It was legit last night, too, just not as conclusive. Get bent.

4 camera angles didn't show it and the overhead angle seem to prove it was in the playing field....even Phil Simms thought so....no Patriot fan has argued this point with me as it takes away their biggest excuse for losing the game....

This view was clear that the ball was inside the pylon. Last night if I had to make a call from the video I would honestly have said it wasn't a touchback -- when Watson hit Bailey the ball flew towards the sideline not forward.

broncoted said:
4 camera angles didn't show it and the overhead angle seem to prove it was in the playing field....even Phil Simms thought so....no Patriot fan has argued this point with me as it takes away their biggest excuse for losing the game....

It was an obvious fumble, out of the endzone - fact. Another fact is we turned the ball over 5 times and no way do we have a chance of winning when that is done. Now get out of here already and go troll with the Steelers group. There is nothing here for you, I kind of think you suck.

alamo said:
This view was clear that the ball was inside the pylon. Last night if I had to make a call from the video I would honestly have said it wasn't a touchback -- when Watson hit Bailey the ball flew towards the sideline not forward.

Alamo - go back and read what you just wrote - if the ball is in his right hand and the pylon is knocked over, how can the ball go out of bounds behind him on the one? It is impossible, the ball went over the pylon (which is in the end zone) and went out of bounds - touchback. There was one replay that clearly showed this to me. Go back and watch the replay of the game and they show one view from the side that to me was clear. i wonder if the refs were shown that view of it.

broncoted said:

I heard Simms make the case that it was a touchback. He made special mention of the fact that the ball was in Bailey's right hand and Bailey actually never went out of bounds before the end zone, so Simms drew a line trying to argue that it was impossible for the ball to go out in the field of play.

upstater1 said:
I heard Simms make the case that it was a touchback. He made special mention of the fact that the ball was in Bailey's right hand and Bailey actually never went out of bounds before the end zone, so Simms drew a line trying to argue that it was impossible for the ball to go out in the field of play.

And I agree with him. The brutal thing is that they can't overturn the call on logic, they have to see it on a camera... and no camera saw that coming. Just a really lucky break for the Broncos - and Champ Bailey.

The biggest kick in the nuts though, was that Bailey was quoted as saying "It was a great play by ME" in regards to it. Wow.

upstater1 said:

I'm investigating that right now. I've taken some digital shots. I'll collate and work off those.

fgssand said:
Alamo - go back and read what you just wrote - if the ball is in his right hand and the pylon is knocked over, how can the ball go out of bounds behind him on the one? It is impossible, the ball went over the pylon (which is in the end zone) and went out of bounds - touchback. There was one replay that clearly showed this to me. Go back and watch the replay of the game and they show one view from the side that to me was clear. i wonder if the refs were shown that view of it.

Wahhhhh wahhhhhhh....again take the overhead view, draw the line from where he fumbled it from the 1 1/2 yard line and the 2 and where it landed and draw the path. Was the path in the playing field? Not only yeah, but hell yeah.

Not one of you has countered Phil Simms argument last night...not one...

Sorry, but I could give a s#it that you don't think much of the Broncos. The Broncos beat ya twice in the same season, and thats good enough for me. You have your excuses and crying, I have two wins on my side....BAYLEE DAT!

broncoted said:
Sorry, but I could give a s#it that you don't think much of the Broncos.

Really???

Then why are you STILL here???

The Gr8est said:
Really???

Then why are you STILL here???

lol

Broncoted, Phill Simms' argument wasn't FOR you, it was AGAINST you. It's you who needs to counter it. And just making up some numbers isn't gonna do it since Phil's don't match up with the ones you give and he tended to have a lot of game footage with him :D

broncoted said:
Wahhhhh wahhhhhhh....again take the overhead view, draw the line from where he fumbled it from the 1 1/2 yard line and the 2 and where it landed and draw the path. Was the path in the playing field? Not only yeah, but hell yeah.

Not one of you has countered Phil Simms argument last night...not one...

Sorry, but I could give a s#it that you don't think much of the Broncos. The Broncos beat ya twice in the same season, and thats good enough for me. You have your excuses and crying, I have two wins on my side....BAYLEE DAT!

You could not answer me, you could not answer what Simms said. They blew that play and they blew the Pass interference as well. However, we turned it over 5 times, we lost - you won. I have no excuses - Broncos are the better team until we kick your asses in next years playoffs, plain an simple. Now please, go troll elsewhere, you really do suck.

Ok I know why you guys are confused....you were watching a different telecast, because on my telecast, right after he drew the line, Phil Simms made the case that the ball was fumbled in the playing field...I have the game....he clearly states it.....so since we're devoid of any factual evidence, we have to resort to lying right? lol makes sense for you guys seeing the way you've acted like children....

broncoted said:

No, the BIGGEST reason for losing the game was the bogus Pass interference call. Had that not been called, then the whole dynamic of the game changes because Denver doesn't score their 1st TD.

As for Phil Simms, he's a maroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back