PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears OL vs Our front 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is a key matchup for tomorrows game.

The Bears OL is big, experienced, tough, and very good. LT Tait, LG Brown, C Kreutz, RG Garza, & RT Miller will be their key to run the ball and protect Grossman.

Our front seven are very good, experienced, big, and tough. NT Big Vince, DE Sey, DE Ty, LB's Vrabel, Seau, Bru, and Colvin, should match up well againts the Bears OL. If we go 4-3 sometimnes then add Green to the mix. If we can stop the run and pressure Grossman, it will be a long day for the Bears offense.

Best matchup- Vince againts Kreutz

Who wins these battles win win the game in my opinion.

I think we win the battle on the defensive LOS, esp. stopping the run. Rushing the passer, it's whether the secondary can hold up long enough -- that's a battle where the two parts of the defense go hand in hand.

I think the real battle is on the other side, our OL against their DL, esp. regarding the run, sniffing out screens and play action and keeping a very fast Bears defense from breaking up plays. The Pats offense has not been good this year with the kind of quick plays that keep a defense off balance.

Given that the Bears are averaging 3.5 YPC offensively it will be a big surprise if they run well. The only concern I have on defense is their big play WR against our questionable (talent and health) DBs.

Big Vince will have to be as nasty as Kreutz.

Last edited:
I dont consider the Bears o-line big as in weight. In fact I think they are one of the lightest o lines in the NFl. I think our front seven will dominate the line of scrimmage.

I dont consider the Bears o-line big as in weight. In fact I think they are one of the lightest o lines in the NFl. I think our front seven will dominate the line of scrimmage.

Their OL is very similar in weight/size as our OL. Not huge but good sized.

Big Vince will have to be as nasty as Kreutz.
Why do you keep talking this guy up when they're averaging 3.5 YPC ? Muhammed, Berrion, Bradley vs. our DBs is the problem matchup not their OL against our front seven.

Why do you keep talking this guy up when they're averaging 3.5 YPC ? Muhammed, Berrion, Bradley vs. our DBs is the problem matchup not their OL against our front seven.

1. Because he's a good player.
2. Thomas Jones is averaging 4.0 - 212 carries 846 yards.

The rest of the rushing is Benson 79@266 3.4 ave.

Kreutz does happen to be one of the best centers in the NFL. But, I think Big Vince can handle him if he plays with a mean streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back