PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears interested in Mankins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! After we do this, we can simply plug Dan Connolly in at LG and watch as the same things that have plagued our offense in the last three playoff games we've participated in continue to happen. And yes, I know that Mankins was a part of the first mentioned playoff game, but none of the O-Line had a good game in that Super Bowl. He's played EXTREMELY well in the last two. Against the Jets, he, Light, and Vollmer were the only three on the O-Line that played well. Mankins must be re-signed.

I don't believe this rumor for a second.

I thought he was pretty subpar in the Jets game, definitely his worst of the season in my eyes. All three of the guys in the interior sucked.

But yea, trading Mankins creates more problems than it fixes unless him re-signing here is just not possible.

I never realized until i read this thread that a top 5 gaurd who starts from day 1 so very easy to find.I think then BB does need alot of blame for not replacing Neal when he was so injured and DAN when all he had to do is draft a guy who will have better production than Mankins for the right side.

top 5 doesn't mean much. especially, apparently, in playoff games where they play pretty badly.

Difference between top 5 and pretty good is not 8M per year.

Moffett comes in day 1 and is as good as mankins.

Moffett comes in day 1 and is as good as mankins.

While there is an extremely slim possibility of that occurring, stating it as certainly is nothing if not utter foolishness.

I thought he was pretty subpar in the Jets game, definitely his worst of the season in my eyes. All three of the guys in the interior sucked.

But yea, trading Mankins creates more problems than it fixes unless him re-signing here is just not possible.

Not sure what you were watching, to be honest. He was the only guy in the interior O-Line that played well. Koppen was bad and Connolly was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots