PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears interested in Mankins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriplecHamp

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Though the Chicago Bears are not expected to place the franchise tag on anyone this offseason, the availability of this roster move to other teams will have an effect on them nonetheless.

One player who may be tagged is New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins, and as Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes Thursday, Mankins was at one time speculated to be on the Bears' wish list.

"Logan's one of the best linemen in the game," Bears head coach Lovie Smith said prior to the Bears' game against the Pats in December. "They continued to win without him, but adding another special player, a special lineman to the mix, has to help your team quite a bit. Just look at the video on him. He's as tough as there is. He comes to work every day. He and I have the same agent, so I know a little bit about him. Everything is all good, so you want a guy like that on your team."

Biggs allows that even if Mankins is not tagged, it's not certain that the Bears would try and sign him given their spending spree last offseason. If he isn't tagged, Mankins is expected to garner a contract similar to that doled out by the New Orleans Saints to Jahri Evans, which was a seven-year, $57 million pact, with $19 million guaranteed.
NFL Rumors - NFL Trade Rumors, Free Agency Rumors and More - Rumor Central - ESPN
just a rumor for now:cool:

Lol I'd do a switcha-roo for Julius Peppers!

I know, I know it'll never happen but we can wish!

Any such offer bears consideration

Didn't Lovie also say once that he doesn't think Mankins will ever leave New England? Seems kinda contradictory.

Didn't Lovie also say once that he doesn't think Mankins will ever leave New England? Seems kinda contradictory.

Covering his behind. Very close to tampering.

Lets make a deal.

Bears GM and BB are good friends.

I would rather trade Cutler for Brady than Mankins for Peppers :eek: :eek:

Franchised. Care to make it 4 years without a 1st rounder?

Hes getting tagged. He is not going anywhere.

Cool! After we do this, we can simply plug Dan Connolly in at LG and watch as the same things that have plagued our offense in the last three playoff games we've participated in continue to happen. And yes, I know that Mankins was a part of the first mentioned playoff game, but none of the O-Line had a good game in that Super Bowl. He's played EXTREMELY well in the last two. Against the Jets, he, Light, and Vollmer were the only three on the O-Line that played well. Mankins must be re-signed.

I don't believe this rumor for a second.

Last edited:
Mankins, good riddance. Watch the pats pick up a guard like moffett from wisconsin...plug and play and have the same or BETTER output.

Agreed! If so the Pats will have to franchise him Feb 10-24 to lock him up, and gain time to negociate. Mankins and Vollmer are the only pieces we have to the new OL, with maby Light for 2 more years. Mankins goes nowhere for at least oe more year.

They overpaid like hell for Cutler. If they do the same for Mankins, I'm up for it.

I was thinking the same thing. It's funny tho, you read what these other head coaches say in print, then take a step back and imagine BB saying the same thing.
In BB We Trust.

It IS tampering. Just read that quote. It couldn't be more obvious. I'm astounded that a Head Coach would say something like that before a player becomes a free agent.

I would love it if they could dump this guy for a 2nd even. Anything better than a 3rd round comp. pick.

I could live with a straight trade for Peppers. :D

I would love it if they could dump this guy for a 2nd even. Anything better than a 3rd round comp. pick.

Dump this guy? You make it sound like he's a pariah. Fact is, he's very well liked in the locker room and probably top 7 player on the team.

Did Lovie Smith say Mankins comes to work everyday? Hahahahaha. Guess he wasn't paying much attention this season.

I never realized until i read this thread that a top 5 gaurd who starts from day 1 so very easy to find.I think then BB does need alot of blame for not replacing Neal when he was so injured and DAN when all he had to do is draft a guy who will have better production than Mankins for the right side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye