Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2510541

Updated: July 5, 2006, 10:38 PM ET
Bears come to terms with picks Manning, Dvoracek
Associated Press

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears finally have all of their picks under contract.

On Wednesday, the Bears agreed to four-year contracts with second-round draft pick Danieal Manning and third-round choice Dusty Dvoracek.

Manning, a safety from Abilene Christian, was chosen with the 42nd pick -- the Bears' first of the draft. He had 159 tackles, 11 interceptions, 13 pass breakups, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries in college. Dvoracek, a defensive tackle from Oklahoma, had 131 tackles and 16 sacks.

The Bears completed a hectic flurry of signings.

Earlier in the week, the Bears signed second-round selection Devin Hester of Miami, who looks to figure in special teams, and linebacker Jamar Williams, a fourth-round pick out of Arizona State, who should be a building block for the future.

They also signed 5th round DE Mark Anderson to a 4-year deal and 6th rounders FB J.D. Runnels and OL Tyler Reed to 4-year deals as well.

Appears they wanted to avoid another Benson situation at all costs.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2510541

They also signed 5th round DE Mark Anderson to a 4-year deal and 6th rounders FB J.D. Runnels and OL Tyler Reed to 4-year deals as well.

Appears they wanted to avoid another Benson situation at all costs.

This team is loony. They're my favorite NFC team but they've been horribly mismanaged for years, and their 2006 draft is a prime example. Great defense, pretty poor offense, and what do they do but draft defensive players.

i really liked the players they got..i was hoping we take some of them but they didnt really need them as bad as other positions

i liked Hester as a 4th rounder for us..KR/PR/WR/CB .. definatley a returner..if 1 position cant work out..go to next.

i liked Manning..big fish in a small school..fast and versatile

Anderson..a lot of us wanted Mark Anderson as a 3-4 OLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes