PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears fan here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraGiC

Rookie
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say whats good from Big Trag to ya'll. I hope to see an action packed game with no injuries on both sides of the ball. I give your team props for being able to lose key players to injury and free agency and you seem to always bounce back. That shows you have great coaching and ownership. A patriots troll (If I should call him that) came over to the Bears board and was talking mad smack and most of it was borderline ******ness. I was going to come here and give it back but then I realized he was a shim beast and wasn't worth my time. All in All, lets get it on and have the best game of the week.

HOLLA

Big Trag out

wow

TraGic. I'm looking foreward to this game, too. No injuries on either side (and for ours, that'd be a switch;) ). I'm expecting a fairly low scoring game here. Not to disappoint, but I feel the Pats are going to be extremely careful with the ball, stop the Bear's running game and force Grossman to beat them. So dont look for the customary turnovers and points off of them tomorrow. In any event, have a great game and eat some deep dish pizza for me:D .

mAN after this past week I need to eat salads and fruits

I feel large as hell

wow

Well, it's nice to see two civilized Bears fans amongst us ready to talk some football. Welcome to the board and I hope you guys stick around after the game is done and all. Could always use some outside people to give us some of their thoughts on the Pats.

Welcome, Starion and Tragic!

I don't know much about the NFC these days -- especially given that the NFC North has been such a disappointing division recently, but I have a lot of respect for the Bears both now and (of course) in their glory days in the 80s.

I do know, though, that getting Ted Washington took us to a Superbowl. What's more, I'll never forget the expression he had when he showed up for his "Welcome to New England" press conference. He was obviously truly p*ssed at being shipped here and didn't bother to hide his feelings. Still, it worked out well for him. He was happy here, happy with his ring, and happy with his contract in Oakland -- even showed up to get his ring after signing with the Raiders and joked with Pioli that he was too cheap to keep him in New England. What's the story with Big Ted from the Chicago side?

Oh, and send my love to Chicago! On my first visit to the U.S. -- more than 30 years ago now -- I stayed in Hyde Park in the summer. I'll never forget the experience. A great town and I'd love to go back. If you want to start a thread over in General Talk on what to do in Chicago (what to see, where to eat, drink, listen to music), I'm your guy!

Welcome as well!!! I am looking forward to a really tough game..there's no need for smack at all and I agree about the trolls on either side....Will this be a preview to Miami?? Not sure, but many had said this about the game before the season started....before teh Bears run of games and the Patriots less than stellar beginning...(Not that 6-3 isn't bad, but the negativity of the losses makes it seem like the record is the opposite..) Smith has done a great job there..and wouldn't it be interesting that 21 years after the same teams meet again in a Bowl...

What's a shim beast? lol.

Bears fans,

Do you expect the Bears to coast and play it safe? Excluding tiebreaks, the Bears are +3 games against every other NFC team.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that the Bears want this as a statement game to show that being best in the NFC does not make you the 4th-6th best in the NFL.

I think the Pats win because they need it more, are at home (I know, "how's that been working for you?"), and Rex is unreliable. Special teams and defensive TDs scare me much more than Bears O.

Bears fans,

Do you expect the Bears to coast and play it safe? Excluding tiebreaks, the Bears are +3 games against every other NFC team.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that the Bears want this as a statement game to show that being best in the NFC does not make you the 4th-6th best in the NFL.

I think the Pats win because they need it more, are at home (I know, "how's that been working for you?"), and Rex is unreliable. Special teams and defensive TDs scare me much more than Bears O.

Exactly. Our D was pretty good (aside from a few long drives given up), the O did not make it happen, and special teams were hardly average at best today. Very disappointing.

Crazy how many turnovers there were in the game. That was the bottom line. Rex was not at his A game. Pats D had a large part of that of course. I hope we meet up again in the SB. Best of luck to the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes