PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears: Evidently, It Was All The Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God don't let ESPN read this post or the one under it. It will open up a whole new scandal.

lol. Thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of the thread............SHOE GATE :eek:

I haven't clicked on the article yet, but since the game was in Chicago in the city and stadium the Bears play half their games on - and on a field the Pats have not played on in over a decade - shouldn't the Bears have had the advantage in determining which shoe to wear and what size cleat to use?

I was ready to post the same exact idea... IF so, not only are they a bunch of idiots they squarely deserve to lose.

Last edited:
And here I was thinking the Bears defense came out breathing fire and bringing the smackdown like this..

pajamas-one-piece-bear-suede-girls-1-Gallay.jpg

Bellichick needs to be investigated. I'm sure he played a jedi mind trick on the bears players and made them wear the wrong cleats.

Someone has to think of the children.

Last edited:
Mike Westhof said the Pats waited for the Bears to come out for the game, then tripped them all one by one and stole their cleats. Not the first time the Pats have done that, according to Westhof...and you know, I believe him for some reason because when he says he doesn't see something...well,Bunky, you can take it to the bank he didn't...yessiree

Last edited:
Could be wrong, but seem to remember the commentators discussing how the Bears changed their cleat during the first quarter.... changing cleats to meet the conditions by an opposing team on an unfamiliar surface is common, but for a home team to use this as an excuse is flat out stupid..

I think it should be on Lovie and Mad Mike Martz. I'm not saying the shoes are the reason they lost, but they should have been at least prepared to play on their own field. That's almost more embarrassing than losing 36-7.

I remember a similar footwear issue in last year's Super Bowl, and Payton obviously thought about the type of shoes players should wear. Why didn't the Chicago coaches?

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton breaks down the second quarter of the Super Bowl | NOLA.com

The first play was a disaster. Goal-line tailback Mike Bell actually lost a half-yard when he started out with poor footwork and took a wide route around the corner. When he tried to cut sharply inside, he slipped.

Payton immediately blamed Bell's cleats at the time. Wearing a microphone for NFL Films, Payton was infamously captured asking his tailback what kind of shoes he was wearing, then chewing him out for wearing the wrong ones.

"Yeah, that (expletive) figures!" Payton yelled to Bell before complaining to the other coaches in his headset, "He needs to be in screw-ins. That's my fault."

He then chased down Bell one more time to yell, "You got the wrong shoe on!"

Indeed, Payton did repeatedly warn players before the game to wear the deeper screw-on cleats instead of the more shallow molded cleats they usually wear because of the softer grass in Miami's Sun Life Stadium, knowing that players prefer the more comfortable molded cleats.

Last edited:
Wrong cleats, huh? And all this time I thought their problem was they had the wrong QB!

I heard the Patriots were all wearing crocs and flip-flops.

Except Tom Brady.

He wore...

(you guessed it)

Male Uggs! (Available now for $199.00 at your favorite retailer...)

Last edited:
The Bears did lose the infamous "Sneakers" game to the Giants.

The franchise does have a history wrong footwear.

Perhaps if the Bears were not so completely out coached they would have had the correct footwear to execute an effective gameplan.

Put the bears in the right cleats and they win that game 52 to 0

Whatever makes Bears fans and players more comfortable with the fact they got BLOWN out is understandable. After all, how else could they continue to believe they have a good team?

Mike Westhof said the Pats waited for the Bears to come out for the game, then tripped them all one by one and stole their cleats. Not the first time the Pats have done that, according to Westhof...and you know, I believe him for some reason because when he says he doesn't see something...well,Bunky, you can take it to the bank he didn't...yessiree
Westhof's information is wrong..go figure.

BB purposely fed misinformation to the Bears that they had these new super cleats that would give them pure traction as if there were no bad elements. The Bears tripped the patriot players to get these shoes (and it should be obvious such a shoe doesn't exist).

It wasn't until some time in-game that the bears figured they were duped, but it was pretty much over by then.

I one thing that was obvious at the game Sunday was the low regard Lovie has in the Bear's fanbase.

Reading the comments, the article looks like red meat for Bears fans to rip Lovie on the team's lack of preparation.

Indeed it was the shoes..."I know when Arizona went to New England a few years ago (and lost 47-7), they didn't know about putting silicone on your cleats, and how that keeps the snow from clumping and sticking," Cardinals kicker Jay Feely said.

Pats cheating again. :rolleyes: They prolly sprayed silicon on their cleats last week.

Next will be that Welker sprayed himself with PAM.

CRISCOGATE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back