PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears: Evidently, It Was All The Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how long this would take.

Surprised it didn't come up sooner.

The Bears lost because of shoe choice. Surely you guys could see they were wearing the wrong cleats on the weekend? It was evident from the very first 33 points the Pats put up. :p

I wonder what kind of cleats the Pats offense were wearing.

Thank God the Patriots chose the right shoes, or we'd be 10-3 right now!! ;)

It was hard to tell in that blizzard, but I think our guys had these:

7007_19030770241_0.jpg

Power Boots enable a human to run at 22mph!

In the old days before fancy shoes came around soccer players playing on lousy surfaces would take out a few spikes and use longer spikes in the remaining 6. In bad weather longer and less spikes gives more traction as the space between the spikes is too large to accumulate chunks of turf in the boot.

To go forward sometimes the old and tested ways are the best. Molded cleats look nice and feel great but they are for ideal conditions only.

Last edited:
The Bears had no idea they were going to be playing outside in the snow. How could they possibly have known? But the Patriots seemed so unfazed by the snow, it was as if they had some kind of advance "weather report." They must have had cameras stealing the weather signals from the sky! They wore cheat cleats!

(Or maybe they wore bowling shoes, or tap shoes. The article doesn't bother to mention anything about the Patriots' shoes, just hoping that the reader will assume that footwear set the two teams apart. Nice try!)

I haven't clicked on the article yet, but since the game was in Chicago in the city and stadium the Bears play half their games on - and on a field the Pats have not played on in over a decade - shouldn't the Bears have had the advantage in determining which shoe to wear and what size cleat to use?

Last edited:
I haven't clicked on the article yet, but since the game was in Chicago in the stadium the Bears play half their games on - and on a field the Pats have not played on in over a decade - shouldn't the Bears have had the advantage in determining which shoe to wear and what size cleat to use?

That's an easy one: yes!

To save you the click, there's nothing to the article. It just notes that a number of Bears players switched to longer cleats at halftime, which isn't terribly unusual as the field worsens in a storm.

What's amusing about this is that there was a pre-game story talking about the Bears having an advantage because they'd know what shoes to wear better than their opponents would.

What's amusing about this is that there was a pre-game story talking about the Bears having an advantage because they'd know what shoes to wear better than their opponents would.

exactly...I can't say I'm familiar with the Chicago area as far as relative intelligence with the rest of the country goes, but THAT is Indy level stupid

The Patriots had an unfair advantage...maybe even to the point of cheating by having an expert in men winter footwear as one of the team captains....Tom Brady, Ugg spokesman.

uh oh...word is that Patriots players were lining up right along the playing field and lifting their cleats,shaking their feet at the Bears sideline and shouting "morons!!!"...can CleatGate be far behind????

The Patriots had an unfair advantage...maybe even to the point of cheating by having an expert in men winter footwear as one of the team captains....Tom Brady, Ugg spokesman.

Dear God don't let ESPN read this post or the one under it. It will open up a whole new scandal.

The Bears need to worry less about the balls of their feet and more the other balls that their QB distributes so freely.

Too bad the Bears couldn't change their QB at halftime.

I wonder what kind of cleats the Pats offense were wearing.
Of course, you really mean what kind of cheats the Bears defense was playing (against).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes