Bears = Complete CUPCAKE schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone took the time to look at the Bears schedule this season? Outside of the Alexander less Seahawks, Giants and Patriots they play a bunch of nobodies. I bet the end up like 14-2 and lose in the opening round when the real competition shows up.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/CHI

With the exception of the Minnesota game they are destroying everybody. I don't see that changing much with the rest of the schedule. The only game I don't see them blowing the opposite team out of the water is the Pats. But I still think they win that game. Why? Because BB knows that if the Pats manage to get to the Championship game they could very well be facing the Bears. He will not show the Bears offense anything new on D. He would save the good stuff for later. So while the Pats might lose during the regular season I would like their chances in a rematch setting. Especially since Grossman does not have playoff experience.

I think they are playing very well right now. However, I have been watching football long enough to know that those who look like worldbeaters in the early goings often fizzle out towards the end. Stuff happens, it's a long season. And sometimes the teams that look very lost early on get a super hot streak and end up SB champions.

So yeah, the Bears are a very good team....for now.

minvardar said:
With the exception of the Minnesota game they are destroying everybody. I don't see that changing much with the rest of the schedule. The only game I don't see them blowing the opposite team out of the water is the Pats. But I still think they win that game. Why? Because BB knows that if the Pats manage to get to the Championship game they could very well be facing the Bears. He will not show the Bears offense anything new on D. He would save the good stuff for later. So while the Pats might lose during the regular season I would like their chances in a rematch setting. Especially since Grossman does not have playoff experience.

Yeah...why bother securing a home field advantage when the Pats could save something for a possible SB matchup. Seriously, is this what you really believe?

They are a good team that plays in the NFC,,,,,it is to be expected. I do however get that feeling of 01. When we played the rams in the regular season (on sunday night i think) and then beat them in the superbowl. I wouldn't be surprised if BB doesn't "pull out all the stops" suspecting that if we get to the superbowl that's who we will be playing! It is nice though that we will get a chance to see them first hand. If we do play them in the superbowl (yes it's a long way away, just thinking) it will be nice to have that film to fall back on!

I have my doubts about teams with good records that are squeaking by like the much hyped Ravens, and the Colts who have both shown some weaknesses.

I think the Bears are pretty much steamrolling everything in there path so far and no one has yet to find a soft spot on them. The look like the best team in the NFL to me right now regardless of the competition.

That will be a great game when the Bears come to Foxboro.

borg said:
Yeah...why bother securing a home field advantage when the Pats could save something for a possible SB matchup. Seriously, is this what you really believe?

Please look back in 01 against the rams (which i mentioned above).....I am not saying that BB won't try and win the game--of course he will. However he will try to win the game without "giving away the secrets" so to say of how he thinks they can best beat the bears. It's obvious BB is always thinking way ahead---should be a good game!

borg said:

YES! Next question!

mtbykr said:
They are a good team that plays in the NFC,,,,,it is to be expected. I do however get that feeling of 01. When we played the rams in the regular season (on sunday night i think) and then beat them in the superbowl. I wouldn't be surprised if BB doesn't "pull out all the stops" suspecting that if we get to the superbowl that's who we will be playing! It is nice though that we will get a chance to see them first hand. If we do play them in the superbowl (yes it's a long way away, just thinking) it will be nice to have that film to fall back on!

Exactly the point I was trying to make except I must have done it badly. If the Pats faced the Bears in the SB Grossman would see quite a few things he did not see in the first game.

If the Bears played the Pats *right now*, it would be like the 41-17 Chargers game last year. The Bears are clicking on all cylinders...smothering defense, good running game and Grossman looks awesome with both the long and short passes. Hell, even their FG kicker looks like the best in the league. A missing Shawn Alexander does not account for a 30pt differential a week ago. Chicago is head-and-shoulders above everyone...right now.

It's a long season, though. The Pats condition themselves for a long season. Some teams are physically brutal early on, but can be pushed around in December and January thanks to fatigue. The Pats are not one of these teams. We'll see if Chicago is also as strong in January as in October. The Pats are the #1 team at disecting game film and 16 games provides a lot more film than only 4. I'm sure Lovie Smith won't repeat last year's mistake of single-covering Steve Smith this year, but that coaching gem didn't add to his playoff coaching resume for sure. I'd take BB 6 days a week and twice on Sundays (especially Sundays) over Lovie.

Regards,
Chris

The Bears are doing what good teams do, beating the bad teams. They are also doing so in convincing fashion.

Right now they would destroy the Patriots.

Thankfully the games in January are much more important than those going on now.

The bears have the same strength of schedule as we do.
2 tough games alreadly and 4 more to come.
I think annointing us and or the bears as superbowl contenders is premature.
I am looking forward to our game Vs them and also Vs Indy as tests our worthiness.

jct said:
The bears have the same strength of schedule as we do.
2 tough games alreadly and 4 more to come.
I think annointing us and or the bears as superbowl contenders is premature.
I am looking forward to our game Vs them and also Vs Indy as tests our worthiness.

I am not annointing us and them to be in the superbowl, but to not think we are contenders is foolish -- each are top teams in their division! I am not saying we (and them) will get there, but if it happens it will be nice to have first hand knowledge of them--that's all i was saying!

mtbykr said:
Please look back in 01 against the rams (which i mentioned above).....I am not saying that BB won't try and win the game--of course he will. However he will try to win the game without "giving away the secrets" so to say of how he thinks they can best beat the bears. It's obvious BB is always thinking way ahead---should be a good game!

So you are saying that the 2001 Pats that were 4-5 before playing St Louis were holding back plays so as not to tip their hand in a week 20 rematch. What secrets were they hiding in week 10? No question BB is the best coach when it comes to rematches (except vs Denver), but to claim that BB is both a football svengali and soothsayer is too much. How about giving a team some credit when they win and drop this nonsense about protecting the playbook. The Pats changed their entire defensive scheme vs ST Louis in the second meeting because their approach in week 10 wasn't good enough.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
The Bears are doing what good teams do, beating the bad teams. They are also doing so in convincing fashion.

Right now they would destroy the Patriots.

Thankfully the games in January are much more important than those going on now.

They WOULD NOT destroy the Patriots right now. They destroyed teams who won't even make the playoffs and one team without it's MVP. Remember when the Patriots played the Steelers without Corey Dillon? Do you remember the game after "WITH" him? The one team that is half decent should have beaten them which was the Vikings. There is no doubt that the Bears game will be a good one but if the Patriots spank them I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Their Schedule IS weak. That was mentioned at the start of the season. No surprise that they are undefeated so far. Eagles also have an easy schedule too. As do the Colts every year since they moved to the AFC South.

If that Seahawks game was in Seattle I think we would be talking about them instead.

And thankfully so do the Pats this season...

The Patriots really didn't blow too many people out of the water during the Super Bowl years either. The bears are dangerous. Unless they get some key injuries, they're going to be tough. It doesn't really matter who they play at this point, the are playing good football and their defense is strong and physical.

Yeah, their schedule is weak. So is ours. We own our division and the Bears own theirs. Their game against Minnesota was not totally dominant, the same way we were not against the Dolphins. In fact, didn't Grossman give up two interceptions in that game? We all have seen in the past what happens when you give up two interceptions to the Pats. Granted, we are not the 2003-2004 team, but things are looking up. The Bears are a great team minus the big-game experience, head coach, QB and running game the Pats possess.

Most posts here are right on. Everybody's right! Bears will need to turn it up a notch in playoffs after a cupcake year. On paper Bears should go 15-1 but somehow they'll "only" be 14-2.

borg said:
So you are saying that the 2001 Pats that were 4-5 before playing St Louis were holding back plays so as not to tip their hand in a week 20 rematch. What secrets were they hiding in week 10? No question BB is the best coach when it comes to rematches (except vs Denver), but to claim that BB is both a football svengali and soothsayer is too much. How about giving a team some credit when they win and drop this nonsense about protecting the playbook. The Pats changed their entire defensive scheme vs ST Louis in the second meeting because their approach in week 10 wasn't good enough.

BB is definitely both a football svengali and soothsayer. Who are we to say he isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down