Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7
Oct 16 @Arizona Won 24-23
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco Won 41-10
Nov 5 Miami Lost 13-31
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants Won 38-20
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets Won 10-0
My question: Against this list of ragamuffins and never-weres, would the Patriots:
a) be undefeated?
b) have scored 50 more points?
c) given up 25 fewer points?
Answer I think so, in every case. The Patriots dominate the statistics even now against the mighty Bears and would be even more domninant in the stats had they played the Bears schedule. The Pats outrush, outpass, and outdefend the Bears against the rush. The few areas that the Bears lead are products of this dregs and drabs schedule, yielding fewer passing yards but more TDs, and running up the scores on the losers.

The Bears have played N-O-B-O-D-Y...

...except the Seahags, who like the usual Super Bowl loser, is tanking the year after, and the walking wounded NY Giants. They were lucky to escape against the tough Arizona Cardinals (! ?); and the fantabulous New York Jets (?!).
The only thing going for ther Bears is this is the third week in a row that they will see the Belichick 3-4, two-gap, Defense having faced it in Miami (Saban), NYC (Mangini), and now in Foxboro.

The Patriots
2006 records: 7-3; 0-2 vs. quality opponents.

The Bears

2006 records: 9-1; 2-0 vs. quality opponents.

This information is right off of MSNBC

The only information that you talk about is who the Bears have played. As you can see from the above information if you guys play a decent team you loose.

The Bears have beaten every team that they were supposed to beat except for the Dolphins and that is because of a six turnover day. The Pats on the other hand have lost when they have played quality opponents. I love how you can talk about other teams in the league as if they are not playing anyone. Don't get me wrong the Pats are a good team but there dominating years are over it is time to not live in the past. I give the most respect to your team because they are class act but don't bag on the Bears if you have no valid points.

I will answer your questions as well.

A.) No you lost to the Jets at home and

b.) No the Bears are the second highest scoring team in the league and you are not better offensively.

c.) No hands down. As well as you know the Bears Defense is the best in the league you can't compare yourselves to them. Your head coach has pointed that out in this weeks press conference. All of your points are falicies. If you listen to Bill's press conference this week you would eat your words because I believe he knows more about his opponent then you do and also more about his own team.

Like I said before the Pats are a good team but on the field the Bears are far superior. There is a chance you guys can win this week but that depends on if the Bears beat themselves and turn the ball over. The Bears are hands down the best team in the league with the Colts nipping at their heals.

Good day.

It is time to do some more research and give vredit where credit is due. No more Haters.

Football Outsiders ranks the schedules weekly, and you are correct - although we're not a lot better :)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/11/21/ramblings/dvoa-rankings/4579/

The Bears have had the 32nd hardest schedule (in other words, the easiest) at -12.5% which means it's 12.5% easier than the average schedule.

The Patriots have had the 25th hardest schedule (8th easiest) at -4.8%.

AZbearfan said:

Far be it for me to question MSNBC but calling Seattle and the NYG quality opponents is a version of inbreeding. They're over .500 because they play the slop in the NFC all the time.

Anyway, congrats on 9-1 and thanks for beating Seattle - but you still have played the easiest schedule in the league.

I see that. I have heard that all year but remember this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given day. Like I said The Pats are a good team I just don't see how people can ride the jocks of the Bears they have the 32 ranked schedule but they have taken care of what they have had to very easily except for a couple games with more than usual turnovers.

I just posted what I read about quality opponents and what the two teams have done in both situations. I am not coming here to say that we are going to beat you by 30 or anything I just believe that we are the better team and if we loose it is because of turnovers not by being out played when we are at our best.

AZbearfan said:
I see that. I have heard that all year but remember this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given day. Like I said The Pats are a good team I just don't see how people can ride the jocks of the Bears they have the 32 ranked schedule but they have taken care of what they have had to very easily except for a couple games with more than usual turnovers.

I just posted what I read about quality opponents and what the two teams have done in both situations. I am not coming here to say that we are going to beat you by 30 or anything I just believe that we are the better team and if we loose it is because of turnovers not by being out played when we are at our best.
Well I expect the Bears to be in the Super Bowl so I'm not exactly ripping them. But with you guys on the road for the 3rd straight game, I'm the opposite, I think turnovers are the only way the Bears win. -1 or better for the Patriots in turnovers (meaning the Bears get no more than one more than the the Patriots) and the Patriots win. -2 and the Bears probably win.

I'm not talking about you ripping them. I appreciate you explaining the turnover ratio. Come on I got it!!!

I think the tough thing is of course going to be going on the road for the third straigh time. I am just not a fan of AZpatsfan he has some crazy non relevant comments.

Re: you have a point

really, who have the Bears beaten? The Seahawks, the Giants, the Jets? C'mon, what kind of a sad, going down hill, over-rated excuse for a team could ever lose to the Jets?

I'm sure the Pats would be undefeated and have scored a million points and held their jr college opponents to -100 points if they had only played the easy Bears schedule. of course, they did both play the Jets, hmmm - I forgot the Bears played the Tacoma Jets of the NorthWest Arena League.

AZbearfan said:
b.) No the Bears are the second highest scoring team in the league and you are not better offensively.

c.) No hands down. As well as you know the Bears Defense is the best in the league you can't compare yourselves to them. Your head coach has pointed that out in this weeks press conference. All of your points are falicies. If you listen to Bill's press conference this week you would eat your words because I believe he knows more about his opponent then you do and also more about his own team.
I do not think the Bears are better offensively..Rex Grossman better than Brady?? Hardly..not even close..Running game betetr than NE??
recivers might be better..but take a look around at the whole picture..I don't think it's so definitive...

Hands down?? I don't even think that is true..Myabe hands up somewhere else..this is NOT the Bears D of 85..far from it. Do they get turnovers and capitolize?? Yes..where was that D against the Fins?? Or evem Arizona??
Keep believing in it..maybe it will be true...All I am saying is the Bears are NOT as good as all the hype..Certaonly a top 5 club..but nothing special...meaning they will be in the mix in the NFC..probably in the Finals..but not inviceable..

Last edited:
AZbearfan said:
Don't get me wrong the Pats are a good team but there dominating years are over it is time to not live in the past.

Hey, good head start:

Troll Report Card

Content

___0___ Seemed commonplace - excellent!
___0___ Devoid of truth (This is necessary)
___0___ Pretended that your post was actually news
___0___ Self-Focused (Just what we look for in a troll!)
___0___ Included emotional rants (improves readership)
___0___ BONUS POINTS! Had no factual content
___0___ New England/Boston reference only people who don't live here use

___0___ Content Points Total

Talking Points Included

___0___ Tuck rule
___0___ Manning
___0___ Pats fans can not discuss bad officiating.
___0___ Multiple injuries to Pats should not be considered.
___1___ Pats domination is over

___1___ Talking Points Total

Histrionic Fits

___0___ More than 10 exclamation points included?
___0___ ALL CAPS?
___0___ Used more than 5 name calling adjectives?
___0___ Mispelled at least 3 words?
___0___ Your computer monitor is now spit-splattered
___0___ Whined and didn't realize it at least 1 time?

___0___ Histrionic Fit Total

Demerits

(___0___) Use of Patsys/Patsies
(___0___) Misspelled Tedy Bruschi
(___0___) Thinks Pitts colors are black and gold and not black and yellow
(___0___) Actually identify yourself as a Manning fan
(___0___) Left identifying information accidently in your rage
(___0___) SUPER DEMERIT! Unconvincingly pretend to be a Patriots Fan!

(___0___) (TOTAL DEMERITS)

3 point bonus

___3___ Fan of a team that has not won a conference championship this millennium.

Last edited:
The Most Over Rated Dynasty in this History of the NFL

Seeing as you wanna throw rocks at the Bears, I'm going to throw some back. You haven't even beaten a team with a winning record this year.

http://community.foxsports.com/blog...Over_Rated_Dynasty_in_this_History_of_the_NFL

nightoutxx's Blog
by: nightoutxx

Oct 31, 2006 | 6:59AM | report this Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you the most over rated "dynasty" in the NFL, the players include Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Brushci, and their legions of fans stem from upper New York to Maine, making them one of the most annoying sports franchises in the world, their coach is tactless wearing cut off pull overs instead of looking remotely professional, ladies and gentlemen I bring to you the New England Patriots.

Now I can all ready here everyone sighing and seeing that I'm a Philadelphia fan and placing this on the Super Bowl loss of two years ago, but let's go back...let's go back in time.

First Point: The Patriots play in the most hopeless and depleted divison in all of football. The Jets, The Dolphins, The Bills. Where is the competition, easy...it doesn't exist. The Patriots win 6 games a year by playing their division rivals, what is that? What is it where we let a team just cakewalk, moonwalk, whatever walk into the playoffs, I don't understand it. So to all you Pats fans who think your team is "dominating" the AFC, I ask you to look at your current record, you've played one good team and guess what...you lost that one game (Denver Broncos), now you get ready to play another good team, perhaps a great team (the Indy, Peyton Manning lead Colts) and guess what I can see another loss on the record. Now granted these wont matter in the thick of things because thanks to the schedule you guys have you'll go no lie...13-3 and make the playoffs and possibly have a home field game.

Second Point: Tom Brady is a horrible QB. Sure he lead the league in passing last year, sure he just tossed four touchdowns, but is he consistent? No. He performs well in certain games and then throws up stinkers, all of this IN the regular season, so when the playoffs role around, the defense gives him a short field and he tosses two TDs and becomes the greatest Quarterback in history...NO, it doesn't work like that, it doesn't. Youo can give me the argument all you want that he "wins games" and all that , but the truth is as a QB he is par at best. He isn't a Manning, McNabb, hell he might even be a Delhomme. He is your regular Joe quarterback with a receiving cast that are misfits from other teams, I give him a shed of respect there taking something and turning into nothing is pretty decent.

Third Point: An over inflated defense. Yep that's right I said it, so sue me. When your playing horrible teams your DEF unit is going to look great against them. The Vikings? You wanna brag over your amazing game over the Brad Childress lead Vikings, the same Vikings that have Brad Johnson as their QB? Yeah you do. That's sad. Again you play the three worst teams in the AFC twice a year you are bound to rack up the INTS and Sacks there. It's an over inflated DEF with "Steriod" Tedy B. there.

That's all I really got for now as to why the Pats are overrated. I'm sure I can think of more later.

bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif

pats1 said:
Hey, good head start:

Troll Report Card

3 point bonus

___0___ Fan of a team that has not won a conference championship this millennium.

You have to give the Bears fans the three pointer.....It's been twenty years.......

I didn't say Rex is better than Tom. That is untrue I think that the Bears offense overall is better there are 11 men not one. Offesive line and also recievers are better on the Bears. The Backs are actually pretty close be honest to yourself.

I think the Bears are the best overall team. There D is not the 85 team but it is not fare to compare because no one will ever be. The Bears are a dominating team if they are on and I think they will be on. I hope for a good game and I hope for a win but I also would like to see you in the super bowl because I am tired of all the colts, chargers talk. Good luck you you guys just not this week

Patsfanin Philly said:
You have to give the Bears fans the three pointer.....It's been twenty years.......

So I am not being a troll I am talking about the two teams and the match up i haven't come on here saying you guys are dead I think we will win yes but I am also giving your team respect.

Nice try on the troll thou

Re: The Most Over Rated Dynasty in this History of the NFL

iabearfan said:
Seeing as you wanna throw rocks at the Bears, I'm going to throw some back. You haven't even beaten a team with a winning record this year.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/nightoutxx/2006/10/31/The_Most_Over_Rated_Dynasty_in_this_History_of_the_NFL

nightoutxx's Blog

Oct 31, 2006 | 6:59AM | report this Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you the most over rated "dynasty" in the NFL, the players include Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Brushci, and their legions of fans stem from upper New York to Maine, making them one of the most annoying sports franchises in the world, their coach is tactless wearing cut off pull overs instead of looking remotely professional, ladies and gentlemen I bring to you the New England Patriots.

Now I can all ready here everyone sighing and seeing that I'm a Philadelphia fan and placing this on the Super Bowl loss of two years ago, but let's go back...let's go back in time.

First Point: The Patriots play in the most hopeless and depleted divison in all of football. The Jets, The Dolphins, The Bills. Where is the competition, easy...it doesn't exist. The Patriots win 6 games a year by playing their division rivals, what is that? What is it where we let a team just cakewalk, moonwalk, whatever walk into the playoffs, I don't understand it. So to all you Pats fans who think your team is "dominating" the AFC, I ask you to look at your current record, you've played one good team and guess what...you lost that one game (Denver Broncos), now you get ready to play another good team, perhaps a great team (the Indy, Peyton Manning lead Colts) and guess what I can see another loss on the record. Now granted these wont matter in the thick of things because thanks to the schedule you guys have you'll go no lie...13-3 and make the playoffs and possibly have a home field game.

Second Point: Tom Brady is a horrible QB. Sure he lead the league in passing last year, sure he just tossed four touchdowns, but is he consistent? No. He performs well in certain games and then throws up stinkers, all of this IN the regular season, so when the playoffs role around, the defense gives him a short field and he tosses two TDs and becomes the greatest Quarterback in history...NO, it doesn't work like that, it doesn't. Youo can give me the argument all you want that he "wins games" and all that , but the truth is as a QB he is par at best. He isn't a Manning, McNabb, hell he might even be a Delhomme. He is your regular Joe quarterback with a receiving cast that are misfits from other teams, I give him a shed of respect there taking something and turning into nothing is pretty decent.

Third Point: An over inflated defense. Yep that's right I said it, so sue me. When your playing horrible teams your DEF unit is going to look great against them. The Vikings? You wanna brag over your amazing game over the Brad Childress lead Vikings, the same Vikings that have Brad Johnson as their QB? Yeah you do. That's sad. Again you play the three worst teams in the AFC twice a year you are bound to rack up the INTS and Sacks there. It's an over inflated DEF with "Steriod" Tedy B. there.

That's all I really got for now as to why the Pats are overrated. I'm sure I can think of more later.

bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif
bearbang.gif

Time for another one already?

Troll Report Card

Content

___1___ Seemed commonplace - excellent!
___1___ Devoid of truth (This is necessary)
___1___ Pretended that your post was actually news
___1___ New England/Boston reference only people who don't live here use

___4___ Content Points Total

Talking Points Included

___0___ Tuck rule
___1___ Manning

___2___ Talking Points Total

Histrionic Fits

___0___ ALL CAPS?
___1___ Mispelled at least 3 words?
___1___ Your computer monitor is now spit-splattered
___1___ Whined and didn't realize it at least 1 time?

___3___ Histrionic Fit Total

Demerits

(___1___) Misspelled Tedy Bruschi
(___1___) Actually identify yourself as a Manning fan
(___1___) Left identifying information accidently in your rage

(___3___) (TOTAL DEMERITS)

3 point bonus

___0___ Fan of a team that has not won a conference championship this millennium.

Damn, I wasn't aware Tom Brady wasn't even Jake Delhomme. Or Donovan McNabb.

I wasn't aware that "Brushci" (sic) did "steriods" (sic).

But one thing I was aware of - Eagles fans are pretty good at whining. I guess they must be bitter at the incompetence of the NFC.

Last edited:

pats1 said:
Time for another one already?

Troll Report Card

Content

___1___ Seemed commonplace - excellent!
___1___ Devoid of truth (This is necessary)
___1___ Pretended that your post was actually news
___1___ New England/Boston reference only people who don't live here use

___4___ Content Points Total

Talking Points Included

___0___ Tuck rule
___1___ Manning

___2___ Talking Points Total

Histrionic Fits

___0___ ALL CAPS?
___1___ Mispelled at least 3 words?
___1___ Your computer monitor is now spit-splattered
___1___ Whined and didn't realize it at least 1 time?

___3___ Histrionic Fit Total

Demerits

(___1___) Misspelled Tedy Bruschi
(___1___) Actually identify yourself as a Manning fan
(___1___) Left identifying information accidently in your rage

(___3___) (TOTAL DEMERITS)

3 point bonus

Damn, I wasn't aware Tom Brady wasn't even Jake Delhomme. Or Donovan McNabb.

I wasn't aware that "Brushci" (sic) did "steriods" (sic).

But one thing I was aware of - Eagles fans are pretty good at whining. I guess they must be bitter at the incompetence of the NFC.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

iabearfan said:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/nightoutxx/2006/10/31/The_Most_Over_Rated_Dynasty_in_this_History_of_the_NFL

nightoutxx's Blog

Oct 31, 2006 | 6:59AM | report this Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you the most over rated "dynasty" in the NFL, the players include Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Brushci,(sic Bruschi) and their legions of fans stem from upper New York(WTF is Upper New York, and I seriously doubt there are many Pats fans in Buffalo or in Jets/Giants country. Please take out a map and study it) to Maine, making them one of the most annoying sports franchises in the world, their coach is tactless wearing cut off pull overs instead of looking remotely professional, ladies and gentlemen I bring to you the New England Patriots.
>>Would you rather have a coiffed coach or one who just cares about winning???

Now I can all ready here everyone sighing and seeing that I'm a Philadelphia fan

>>>That explains more than a few things....Last championship-1960
and placing this on the Super Bowl loss of two years ago, but let's go back...let's go back in time.

First Point: The Patriots play in the most hopeless and depleted divison in all of football. The Jets, The Dolphins, The Bills.
>>>Those teams excluding the Pats are 5-4 agaisnt your vaunted Bears,Lions, Vikings and Packers...Where is the competition, easy...it doesn't exist. The Patriots win 6 games a year by playing their division rivals, what is that?
>>Not like playing those powerhouse Lions, Packers or Vikings. For the record, the divison with the second LEAST amount of wins is the NFC North. That division is 4-7 vs the AFC East..so you may want to rethink your premise
What is it where we let a team just cakewalk, moonwalk, whatever walk into the playoffs, I don't understand it. So to all you Pats fans who think your team is "dominating" the AFC, I ask you to look at your current record, you've played one good team and guess what...you lost that one game (Denver Broncos), now you get ready to play another good team, perhaps a great team (the Indy, Peyton Manning lead Colts) and guess what I can see another loss on the record. Now granted these wont matter in the thick of things because thanks to the schedule you guys have you'll go no lie...13-3 and make the playoffs and possibly have a home field game.

Second Point: Tom Brady is a horrible QB.
>>Horrible is when it's been 18 years since you've even been to a conferenc echampionship game. So you think that substituting Rex Grosssman for Brady and you'd have won those Lombardis?? since you believe that the Bears have a superior defense, come back when you've won three of them. Better yet, win one and I'll listen....
Sure he lead the league in passing last year, sure he just tossed four touchdowns, but is he consistent? No. He performs well in certain games and then throws up stinkers, all of this IN the regular season,
>>Not like Rex (4 ints vs Phoenix and 4 more a few weeks later....Has that ever been done before???)

so when the playoffs role (sic roll)around, the defense gives him a short field and he tosses two TDs and becomes the greatest Quarterback in history..

.NO, it doesn't work like that, it doesn't. Youo can give me the argument all you want that he "wins games" and all that , but the truth is as a QB he is par at best. He isn't a Manning, McNabb, hell he might even be a Delhomme.
>>>And we are thankful for that. For the record, those guys are 0-2 in Super Bowls having lost both to Brady. Manning seems to have a problem with playoffs, McNabb leaves his lunch on the field and delhomme hasn't recaptured the magic of 2003.

He is your regular Joe quarterback with a receiving cast that are misfits from other teams, I give him a shed of respect there taking something and turning into nothing is pretty decent.
>>Let me see if I follow what you are trying to say. He's horrible, has no receivers but leads the league in passing.

Third Point: An over inflated defense. Yep that's right I said it, so sue me. When your playing horrible teams your DEF unit is going to look great against them. The Vikings? You wanna brag over your amazing game over the Brad Childress lead Vikings, the same Vikings that have Brad Johnson as their QB?
>>You mean the ones that the Bears gave up 16 points to..
Yeah you do. That's sad. Again you play the three worst teams in the AFC twice a year you are bound to rack up the INTS and Sacks there. It's an over inflated DEF with "Steriod" Tedy B. there.
>>>Here's a word for you to look up in the dictionary...libel. It is when you falsely make a defamatory statement about someone and could set you up for legal action. Unless you have proof, you might wnat to zip it. The man plays and always had played with heart (albeit it was a damaged one which caused his stroke)

>>Oh, I can't wait....

Oh it's Thanksgiving, so we have to be thankful for the trolls.....

The Wizard of OZ team has allowed 10points or less to 6 of the 10 opponents they have played and not more than 23 in any game. This is still the NFL and thats not bad. The Pats will have their hands full Sunday.

VEGASBEAR said:
The Wizard of OZ team has allowed 10points or less to 6 of the 10 opponents they have played and not more than 23 in any game. .
Chicago schedule.....
Nov 5

Miami

Lost 13-31

Did the NFL dock the Dolphins 8 points??????

Last edited:
AZbearfan said:
The Patriots
2006 records: 7-3; 0-2 vs. quality opponents.

The Bears

The only information that you talk about is who the Bears have played. As you can see from the above information if you guys play a decent team you loose.

The Bears have beaten every team that they were supposed to beat except for the Dolphins and that is because of a six turnover day. The Pats on the other hand have lost when they have played quality opponents. I love how you can talk about other teams in the league as if they are not playing anyone. Don't get me wrong the Pats are a good team but there dominating years are over it is time to not live in the past. I give the most respect to your team because they are class act but don't bag on the Bears if you have no valid points.

I will answer your questions as well.

A.) No you lost to the Jets at home and

Like I said before the Pats are a good team but on the field the Bears are far superior. There is a chance you guys can win this week but that depends on if the Bears beat themselves and turn the ball over. The Bears are hands down the best team in the league with the Colts nipping at their heals.

Good day.

It is time to do some more research and give vredit where credit is due. No more Haters.

NFC quality opponents? There aren't any; any more than there are the mythic Unicorns !!

Bears -- 99 ypg Pats 76 ypg against the rush.

Bears -- 120 ypg rushing Pats 145 ypg rushing.

Passing TDs yeilded - Bears 7 Pats 7
Sacks-- Bears 25 Pats 26

Where is you superiority ?? Beating up on the Pack, Lions or Viikes and running up your stats and scores?? BFD !!

And just for your edification we beat both Miami and the Jets (once) too. You seem to have been trounced by the current AFCE cellar-dweller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes