PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bears and Patriots trade in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Fauria and Jermain Wiggins. We would want at least one on our roster that can catch. One of of the top reasons the Pats win the 01 SB IMO is Wiggins with his spectacular year end finish. So no...I would have to disagree with you. Christian Fauria contributed with many spectacular catches in our SB years. If you have a TE that cannot catch, you become more versatile. Watch the receptions if we can get a TE to contribute. I will say it right now that slow old Crumpler catches more than the 29 that Watson caught this year. s)

DW Toys

Neither Fauria nor Wiggins were ever featured in the patriots offense. Wiggins had one game for which he will always be famous (deservedly). Watson had the ability to make a spectacular catch (see Buffalo in the first game of last season). The simple point is the Patriots simply do not feature the TE in their offense. If they decided to do so, I'd be all for drafting or trading for a top pass catching TE.

Seven years of bad luck for the Bears ever since the Cutler trade.

Think Fauria and Jermain Wiggins.

Safety hole? I hope not. Chung has to step up. I would sacrifice a backup Saftey for a TE who is young and reliable with 70 catches last year plus another pick in my scenario.

DW Toys

Wiggins and Fauria were never that huge in terms of receptions and yardage, though they did produce a buttload of TDs. But I take your point. The Pats pass and receiving TD distribution was much, much broader in 2001-2006, not only to TEs but to RBs as well. And I wish we could find our way back to that.

However, I'm not nearly as confident as almost everyone else about our "safety depth". Meriweather still doesn't tackle as well as he should, McGowan makes coverage WORSE when he's on the field and Chung is still unproven to me. Under the circumstances, I would hate to see a solid reserve like Sanders go away yet.

that was a joke,
I'll be surprised if crumpler makes the team

Because of the crowd of other TEs on the roster who are likely better? What?

Crumpler is now in the "wily veteran" phase of his career. He may be the best blocking TE we've had in a long time and he still sneaks out a snags a few receptions (certainly more than Baker did). And he'll be critical to have around to teach the receiving TEs (should we actually, you know, ACQUIRE one) how to block.

Yeah, I'd be surprised at this point if Crumpler does NOT make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots