PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be Honest with Yourselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I keep reading a couple of comments here and there every week from people who "Claim" to be Patriots fans. I sometimes get the feeling these few are unhappy with all the negative rumors about the Pats with spygate, running up the score, arrogance, etc., but they are afraid to voice their opinion.

I get this sickening feeling some of these malcontents would actually prefer the Patriots NOT go undefeated and possible not even win the superbowl. Am I the only one who suspects this?

I also get the feeling that some of these "New" screen name, anti-Pats posters may actually be Patriots fans in cognito (i.e. SportsAnalyzer?).

Could this actually be possible? Dispite the awesome once in a lifetime treat we are being blessed with, could there actually be such fans "hiding" amongst us?

Last edited:
Nah. just trolls, trying to yank our chain.......

I say they are trolls.......... Fans are by nature, homers (Yes, even us typical dour Boston area ones :D ). No problem critisizing a thing or two here and there, but PURE negativity (as in everything) doesn't come from a true fans.

Mostly young kids furiously pounding their joy sticks as they type away all those stupid posts that add little and frustrate the masses. Worst kind of troll (IMO). I'd much rather someone come in and say "I a fan of the XX's, and I think the Patriots suck because ----- ". Much more dorect and truthful than these guys.

I keep reading a couple of comments here and there every week from people who "Claim" to be Patriots fans. I sometimes get the feeling these few are unhappy with all the negative rumors about the Pats with spygate, running up the score, arrogance, etc., but they are afraid to voice their opinion.

I get this sickening feeling some of these malcontents would actually prefer the Patriots NOT go undefeated and possible not even win the superbowl. Am I the only one who suspects this?

I also get the feeling that some of these "New" screen name, anti-Pats posters may actually be Patriots fans in cognito (i.e. SportsAnalyzer?).

Could this actually be possible? Dispite the awesome once in a lifetime treat we are being blessed with, could there actually be such fans "hiding" amongst us?

Yeah their are those who live in glass houses but love to throw stones, personally i am not offended by spygate. It simply demonstrates that all competitive people constantly look for an edge when competing. The rules were changed this year to disallow what BB and all the teams had been doing ....
BB decided to make sure all the teams in the league observed the rule changes so he shoved it up the Commissioners Nose so he had to take a public stand and make a huge deal out of it....
BB must have known someone was using this info during the games and getting a real advantage, he also knew they would not stop unless they feared real exposure was possible. So he made sure their was enough of a stink caused so all the rats would ran back into their holes.
Did he and the team pay a high price, yes, but he must have thought it was worth it or he would not have done it. i trust him to always make the right decision for the team. This situation is no different for me.

Every fanbase has a wide spectrum of fans from both extremes. It's all good.

There are some fairweather fans, and then there are those that post three or four threads every week trying to subject everyone to a peeing contest to see who is the best at saluting.

Are there some "fans" who are actually from other fanbases who pretend to be Pats fans? Sure. They usually give themselves away within one week when the Pats embarrass their next opponent and the "fan" predictably loses his poise and goes ballistic. It's actually quite fun to watch because each week the "fan" thinks he's being so inventive, clever and unique when, actually, we are yawning and laughing our heads off at the next "bum of the week".

Every fanbase has a wide spectrum of fans from both extremes. It's all good.

There are some fairweather fans, and then there are those that post three or four threads every week trying to subject everyone to a peeing contest to see who is the best at saluting.

Are there some "fans" who are actually from other fanbases who pretend to be Pats fans? Sure. They usually give themselves away within one week when the Pats embarrass their next opponent and the "fan" predictably loses his poise and goes ballistic. It's actually quite fun to watch because each week the "fan" thinks he's being so inventive, clever and unique when, actually, we are yawning and laughing our heads off at the next "bum of the week".

I guess you're probably right shmessy. What does it matter anyway? I think I was just in a bad mood when I posted this last night. And I think your view from the mod's perspective is a bit clearer than most.

Fellers,

I've been sticking by the Pats since 1972. I even have a small "shrine" built up in my living room of memorabilia, photos, caps, etc.

This year is an incredible blessing for all Patriots fans. Those who don't remember the past haven't a clue how excited the real fans are about this year. It's like being dirt poor and finding a winning lottery ticket.

I have no complaints worth posting about.

respects,

What I find most amusing are the threads starting with "What's Wrong with (insert any Patriot player's name) . . . "

How ppl can focus on the negative during this season is beyond my understanding. Knowing the degree of difficulty in winning the Super Bowl, and the additional degree of difficulty winning multiple Super Bowls, I'm content to sit back and enjoy any period of time where the Pats excel. It can end soon enough, so I'll sit back and enjoy it and get a chuckle out of some of the more inane threads we're seeing lately.

I say they are trolls.......... Fans are by nature, homers (Yes, even us typical dour Boston area ones :D ). No problem critisizing a thing or two here and there, but PURE negativity (as in everything) doesn't come from a true fans.

Mostly young kids furiously pounding their joy sticks as they type away all those stupid posts that add little and frustrate the masses. Worst kind of troll (IMO). I'd much rather someone come in and say "I a fan of the XX's, and I think the Patriots suck because ----- ". Much more dorect and truthful than these guys.

............furiously pounding their joysticks?

Sounds like a thread from brittanyspears.com...

err......I mean.....jetsinsider.com:rocker:

............furiously pounding their joysticks?

Sounds like a thread from brittanyspears.com...

err......I mean.....jetsinsider.com:rocker:
LMFAO! I agree, definitely those from jetsinsider.com visiting brittanyspears.com.

Just block the trolls with the generic names like SportsAnalyzers and National Sports Advisers who spew nothing but negativity. There's nothing wrong with thinking critically and taking it to the extreme but these guys use that guise to start thread after thread doing nothing but bashing everything Pats and they get really annoying. They know how to do enough to just barely stay unbanned but beyond that they're only here to stir the pot.

Last edited:
Just block the trolls with the generic names like SportsAnalyzers and National Sports Advisers who spew nothing but negativity. There's nothing wrong with thinking critically and taking it to the extreme but these guys use that guise to start thread after thread doing nothing but bashing everything Pats and they get really annoying. They know how to do enough to just barely stay unbanned but beyond that they're only here to stir the pot.

That's why there's the "Ignore" list. You're bothered? "Ignore them".
:cool:

I just discovered the ignore function and boy does it come in handy.

Heh,

Just remember, you can't spell analyst without anal..... I think that about sumsit up nicely.

Respects,

This board can be annoying to no end with the BS questioning of one's fandom.
You can't criticize ANYTHING Patriot related or you're considered "fairweather (which doesn't even make sense), a troll pretending to be a Pats fan, or told to "get off the bandwagon".
You can't say that Bethel Johnson was a bad pick because "Belioli knows more than you".
It's actually quite boring to read the same stuff.
And yeah, tell me where I can go with this anti-Pats rhetoric.
I'm not bored with the winning, but I feel it's ok to question some things here and there.

Not just trolls, alas, but cowards. Ashamed to even admit they are Colts or Dolphins or Jets fans.

Hmm. Maybe I don't blame them so much :D

I agree. As a older fan I suffered throught a lot of bad year and am loving it.

Heres my 2cents
The Pats owe nothing to the rest of the league.
So we should just quit when we get a big lead.
Everyone has the same resources, we do it better.
Get a life, its a game and they get paid Big $$$ and you don't.

Fellers,

I've been sticking by the Pats since 1972. I even have a small "shrine" built up in my living room of memorabilia, photos, caps, etc.

This year is an incredible blessing for all Patriots fans. Those who don't remember the past haven't a clue how excited the real fans are about this year. It's like being dirt poor and finding a winning lottery ticket.

I have no complaints worth posting about.

respects,
Yes Yes amen brother.....:rocker:

poundin joysticks, washin balls.....I like it here........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey