PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be HONEST! - Have you ever picked the actual first round selection in the BB era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I had Meriweather since Febraury. That makes two of us. :D

Check my mock draft thread for proof, but don't notice at all my other incorrect picks please...

Last edited:
No, I had Meriweather since Febraury. That makes two of us. :D

Check my mock draft thread for proof, but don't notice at all my other incorrect picks please...

You did? Cool. Back in feb this was my first mock. I should note they hadn't signed AD yet, this was before the combine, so I thought Blades was bigger. They hadn't announced comp picks so I didn't bother trying to post their later round picks
This mock was before I found out Timmons was only 6', and I think it was still prior to the AD signing.

Last edited:
I had Meriweather at 24 and Harris at 28. 50% correct. Anyway, the decision to trade to next year was a pleasant surprise. Go Pats:rocker:

To be honest, in the Bobby Greer times things were predictable, on the BB/SP times it is a crapshoot.. don't even try, but take great joy in watching others.

I ended up with Griffin although I flirted with Meriweather and Nelson throughout the process. Now, a few days before the draft I was correct in deciding that Griffin would be the second Safety taken - I'm still curious who the Patriots would have taken if Griffin were there.

bb's pick really aren't all that mysterious. Many of us had Griffin/Meriweather depending on who was there and if Meriweather passed the character test.

Many of us preferred trading the #28, although many of us might have taken Harris when he was available or trading into the early second, hoping to get Harris. Pioli was making the same choices that we might have made.

I ended up with Griffin although I flirted with Meriweather and Nelson throughout the process. Now, a few days before the draft I was correct in deciding that Griffin would be the second Safety taken - I'm still curious who the Patriots would have taken if Griffin were there.

I can't remember if it was two weeks before the draft or a different time, but someone made a thread on here asking what player would go earlier than people expect, and I said Michael Griffin.

Last edited:
I guessed Maroney in my house during the draft while we were watching last year.

i was actually hoping the pats wouldve taken deangelo williams....

when they took maroney, i was like....what??????????

in the end, i'm glad they took maroney, veyr promising:rocker:

i picked willfork laurence maroney and merwheather

Has anyone here EVER correctly predicted who the Patriots would draft as #1 from 2000 to 2006?

And in what year of the BB era which this thread is only for when BB took over.

I can't imagine anyone here who picked,Mankins,Watson,Maroney,Graham even Wilfork who everyone thought was going top 15.

Be honest and NO BS - have you ever correctly predicted the unpredictable which is the 1st round draft section by BB and Pioli - I could not say I was even close to the actual #1 pick duing the past 6 years.

i was right with wilfork (i had us moving up a few spots to get him though) and meriweather

i had maroney months before the draft, but then changed my mind to manny lawson

i never woulda guessed mankins
never woulda guessed watson
and was afraid wed take seymour, cuz i wanted terrell

2004 - Steven Jackson

i wanted him so badly
although, as i said, i predicted a move up for wilfork
and didnt have any problem with it, since we had gotten corey
when jackson started to fall i was hoping we'd move up a few spots to grab him with our second pick
supposedly we thought about doin just that...to get kevin jones
(btw, my prediction for our second pick was lee evans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back