PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be HONEST! - Have you ever picked the actual first round selection in the BB era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My picks, year by year

2002 - Clinton Portis
2003 - Ty Warren
Willis McGahee
2004 - Steven Jackson
Ricardo Coclough
2005 - Corey Webster
2006 - Chad Greenway

I nailed 1 out of 7. And my Warren pick was night before, after concluding that the run on defensive tackles would be legendary.

Good thing I whiffed on most of the others.

in '04 .. i really wanted DJ Williams..but he went 17 to Denver. I still dream about him

Has anyone here EVER correctly predicted who the Patriots would draft as #1 from 2000 to 2006?

And in what year of the BB era which this thread is only for when BB took over.

I can't imagine anyone here who picked,Mankins,Watson,Maroney,Graham even Wilfork who everyone thought was going top 15.

Be honest and NO BS - have you ever correctly predicted the unpredictable which is the 1st round draft section by BB and Pioli - I could not say I was even close to the actual #1 pick duing the past 6 years.

how far ahead?

day before--the only pick i was confident in was 'if' Vince fell to us

when we went on the clock--I was confident in Warren, Wilfork and Mankins

My picks, year by year

2002 - Clinton Portis
2003 - Ty Warren
Willis McGahee
2004 - Steven Jackson
Ricardo Coclough
2005 - Corey Webster
2006 - Chad Greenway

I nailed 1 out of 7. And my Warren pick was night before, after concluding that the run on defensive tackles would be legendary.

Good thing I whiffed on most of the others.
Steven Jackson would have been a nice pick as well as McGahee in the right system like here,Portis is not too bad either but has been tailing off.

Not even close. The last time I got a pick right was Bledsoe. :(

Steven Jackson would have been a nice pick as well as McGahee in the right system like here,Portis is not too bad either but has been tailing off.

hows Portis tailing off? He went on IR last year and he went on a decline from Denver to Washington but Denver is amazing with its run game. Washington uses power blocking..Portis is not a powerback. Kinda like Maroney's situation last year

I was on the small Seymour bandwagon way back when. I changed my alias/handle/membership name/whatever after we drafted him.

Last edited:
Has anyone here EVER correctly predicted who the Patriots would draft as #1 from 2000 to 2006?

IIRC, maybe Warren. Definately Mankins as one of my first pick possibilities. Like everyone else, Wilfork -- as he slid. :)

Most of my correct picks have come from my annual "Official Pats Prospects" list that I posted on BelichickFan's second favorite Pats board. ;) The list had dozens of potential Pats prospects categorized as day one and day two prospects.

All in all, I don't think I've faired too well with BB's first rounders. :( But that's O.K. -- the team won those trophies. :singing:

I really wanted Wilfork the year the Pats drafted him, didn't think he'd make it to us though.

Mankins was on my short list in 2005.
I was totally caught off guard by Maroney in 2006. I did have Thomas on my list for the 3rd round.
I also predicted the picking of Matt Light in 2001 with him becoming the full time LT. Man, how I was ridiculed on ESPN for that one.
Warren was on my short list in 2003. I had hoped they would draft Steinbach, but they traded the pick to Baltimore and turned it into Wilfork, so I wasn't complaining.

Hell, I never even heard of Mankins prior to that day... IIRC, there weren't any draft projections that had him going higher than 3rd round...

There were plenty of draft projections that had him going as high as the 1st pick in the 2nd round to the 49ers.

04: 21: Marcus Tubbs
32: Karlos Dansby
05: 32: Marlin Jackson
06: 21: Bobby Carpenter

Those of you who called Warren and Mankins, I call BS.

The only time I got close was Watson, but I didn't pick him when it counted... I had him in one (of my many) pre-draft mocks. Watson was a tough call, too, because Fauria and Graham were both on the roster and solid.

My HONEST pre-draft picks:

2001 - WR David Terrell
2002 - DT Albert Haynesworth
2003 - DL Dwayne Robertson and RB Larry Johnson
2004 - RB Chris Perry and OL Chris Snee
2005 - CB Corey Webster
2006 - LB Bobby Carpenter
2007 - S Michael Griffin and LB Paul Posluszny

Last edited:
I've never come close to picking correctly. It's embarrassing, frankly.

I predicted that as long as belichick was coach I would never get the first draft pick right...It was so much easier with Raymond Berry and Pete Carroll :)

I predicted Brandon Meriweather as did a lot of us, but at #28. I would've preferred they taken Meachem at #24, but they were probably certain they were going to trade #28 by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back