PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Be HONEST! - Have you ever picked the actual first round selection in the BB era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone here EVER correctly predicted who the Patriots would draft as #1 from 2000 to 2006?

And in what year of the BB era which this thread is only for when BB took over.

I can't imagine anyone here who picked,Mankins,Watson,Maroney,Graham even Wilfork who everyone thought was going top 15.

Be honest and NO BS - have you ever correctly predicted the unpredictable which is the 1st round draft section by BB and Pioli - I could not say I was even close to the actual #1 pick duing the past 6 years.

Going into the drafts I picked Seymour and Warren. At the pick I picked Wilfork (like many I imagine). That's it for me.

At the pick I picked Wilfork (like many I imagine).

lol I remember it well...I was at 99 Restaurant stomping my fork on the table chanting "WILFORK, WILFORK" :D

I picked BB to choose Seymour even though I wanted David Terrell. I'm sure glad BB didn't take who I wanted although we ended up with Terrell for a little while in the end too anyways. hahaha :)

I didn't think we had a shot at Wilfork, but by the time he dropped to our spot I knew we had to take him!

Last edited:
ditto on Wilfork.... couldn't believe he slipped that far.... NEVER even close on all the others (inclusive of Seymour).

I picked Ben Watson at #32. I had him and Ben Troupe as possibilities, with Watson as my preference. However, to show that it was dumb like, I was jumping around my living room last year ecstatic that Manny Lawson fell to NE when they picked Maroney.

last year i said we would pick Chad Jackson..we picked him in 2nd :)

Has anyone here EVER correctly predicted who the Patriots would draft as #1 from 2000 to 2006?

I can't imagine anyone here who picked,Mankins,Watson,Maroney,Graham even Wilfork who everyone thought was going top 15.
Hell, I never even heard of Mankins prior to that day... IIRC, there weren't any draft projections that had him going higher than 3rd round...

I picked Seymour, Warren, and Mankins. Mankins was moving up fast in the latter days and I thought that they would take him based on his being a "patriot type" player of need.

I can't say that I "picked" Wilfork but when he was there at 21, I said to my nephew, "unless something is very wrong, they will pick him".

I have just concluded that they will go with McCauley/Harris unless they trade up, way down, or someone falls to them(Willis, I pray, but he won't make it past Buffalo.)

I'll change my mind again tomorrow.

I picked Mankins, though I thought that we'd trade back 5-10 places before picking him. There was no one that year that I was excited about @32 that year. Most experts had us picking Crowder, or Justin Miller, neither of which I thought of as "Patriots".

Never. I haven't got one right yet. That being said, I predict Marcus McCauley and Joe Staley!

Last edited:
I guess I should add that I did pick Mankins for us the morning of the draft but in the second round not the first.

Be honest and NO BS - have you ever correctly predicted the unpredictable which is the 1st round draft section by BB and Pioli - I could not say I was even close to the actual #1 pick duing the past 6 years.
last year I had Maroney as option 1, C. Jackson option two, Carpenter option three, and Richard Marshall option four. My first two options were drafted by NE last year.

Going into the drafts I picked Seymour and Warren. At the pick I picked Wilfork (like many I imagine). That's it for me.

When Wilfork fell most thought they would pick him, so that was an easy one. I don't think many of us thought they'd have a shot at him, though.

Well, I had the Patriots trading up for Wilfork, does that count? Oh, and moving up in the second for Mankins. So...er...maybe kinda I have. :)

I'll be totally honest: I've never even bothered trying. :D

Wilfork, and I guess these others don't count...

2003 - Johnathan Sullivan
2004 - Wilfork!
2005 - Barrett Ruud
2006 - DeAngelo Williams

Last edited:
Last year I was all over these boards saying that the Pats should draft Maroney as Dillon's replacement. Not too many people were excited about Maroney because most people wanted Bobby Carpenter. However, I thought the Pats would draft Manny Lawson but I thought Maroney should have been the pick. And he was!

In 2004, I wanted Wilfork
In 2005, I wanted guys like Mark Clayton (WR), Kevin Burnett (OLB).
In 2006, I wanted Manny Lawson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back