Welcome to PatsFans.com

BC loses-they s*ck

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsfan55, Apr 8, 2006.

1. patsfan55

patsfan55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

didnt watch much
    was watching the sox game

with 1 second left bc had a shot hit the post
    they lost 2-1

bc sux
    bc sux
    bc sux

(btw, im a sr at BU-2006 hockey east champions)

2. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -1

#70 Jersey

who did BU play tonight??

3. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The losers for the BU hockey team were right next to you on the couch. If BC sux what does that make BU?

(And no I'm not affiliated with either school.)

4. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

what did bc win this yr
    beanpot?
    hockey east?
    season series?

all three are a resounding no
    bu however won all
    id rather win the hockey east, than nothing (as bc did)

5. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

btw
    my main purpose of the thread is not at all to say anything about bu
    just to say that bc stinks ;)

its like when the yanks lose the ws, or when the jets lost in the afcc we're all happy, just like when bc loses in the champ, im happy

6. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

unfortunately i cant do this for bc
    soon becoming a bu alumn

7. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm a big BU Football fan--how'd they do this year?

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

How is it that the championship game is played at the Bradley Center? Talk about home ice advantage for a championship game.

9. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -1

#70 Jersey

all of those are nice and everything, but BC is the 2nd best team in the country. BU is not. BU choked in the ncaa tourney.

and if ur point was not to mention BU in this thread, why did u say "BTW, Im a BU senior"?

10. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Who won the NFC North the year the Pats played in SB XXXVIIII? Nobody can remember but everybody remembers who the Pats played in the SB.

Who won the AFC West the year the Pats played in SB XXXVIII? Nobody can remember but everybody remembers who they played in the SB.

Point is I would rather go to the Championship game than win my division/league. Ultimately I would rather win the who thing though.

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The site of the "Frozen Four" is determined several years in advance, so Univ. Wisconsin being in the finals while the Finals are played in Wisconsin is a mere coincidence. I believe Boston enjoyed a similar "Home Ice Advantage" a few years ago when the Fozen Four was played at the Fleet Center.

Thing is, there are really only 3 regions in the country that play college hockey: Colorado, the northern most states in the center of the country (ND, SD, MN, MI) and New England. I believe there was 1 team in this year's tournament that did not come from one of those regions.

So my point is that if you have a Frozen Four in one of those areas, there is a darn good chance there will be a team from that particular area playing in it.

12. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +199 / 15 / -3

The best thing that ever happened to BU sports was getting rid of football. That thing sucked the $$ out of all the other sports. If it was still around, no Agganis arena. That's for sure.

Frankly, wins over I-AA teams and wins against Boise in the MPC Bowl just don't do it for me, either way. This area of the country just isn't made for big time college football. Face facts.

13. Flying Fungi

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it was an ironic statement genius

and what 'does it for you' is irrelevant...Boston College still has a major football program...and Syracuse and Penn State aren't too far away...

14. upstater1

Ratings:
    +199 / 15 / -3

You're thinking of pro sports. College sports are a whole different entity. The Beanpot means something. Winning your conference means something. Not so in the pros. Ask Syracuse bball what was more important to them. Winning the Big East tourney or getting to the NCAA tournament.

I'm not saying that BU would rather have won the Beanpot and HE than play in the NCAA championship. I don't believe that at all. But you can't dismiss in season accomplishments in college. They MEAN something, whereas in the pros they don't. I don't think Duke is willing to scrap their seasons (along with all the other #1 seeds) simply because the underdogs dominated the NCAAs. In a one-and-done situation, anything can happen. In the pros, usually the best teams win. Not so in college sports.

15. upstater1

Ratings:
    +199 / 15 / -3

What's the irony? That BU doesn't have a football team? That's not irony. That's a fact.

Syracuse football? 1-11? I'm talking about big time college football. I'm talking about teams that pay on New Year's Day.

Penn State (I went there) is in the midwest, practically speaking, as anyone from the State College area will tell you. The Northeast is a whole different region. PSU fits in the Big-10 really well. An Eastern school? Nope.

16. Flying Fungi

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the irony

is that this guy is boasting about BU's sports dominance in the face of mediocrity or at best under-performance...his attempts to do so are at the expense of BC's sports performance

BC--#2 in college hockey
    BU--not

BC--Top 20 football program
    BU--no football program

your inability to perceive the irony does not remove the irony

17. upstater1

Ratings:
    +199 / 15 / -3

Maybe it's because I know what the word irony actually means:

# The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
    # An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

So, I don't see why making a point about BU's football team is ironic statement at all. In fact, it's just weak. As I said, BC beat Boise in the MPC, who gives a crap? New England and big-time college football are two words that will never go hand-in-hand.

18. Flying Fungi

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I am very proud of you for finding the definition of 'irony' on dictionary.com. now perhaps you can apply that happy valley education.

the irony, again, is that I pointed out the BU football team as an object of success (claiming to be a big fan of the BU football program). BU does not have a football program. I knew this when posting. I expected that the thread originator would also know this. This is irony. Incongruity between what was stated and what is real. A deliberate contrast between what was stated and what is real.

good luck with that--i hope you kept your tuition receipt

19. upstater1

Ratings:
    +199 / 15 / -3

Well, anyone can make ironic statements by setting up a straw man ("I'm a fan of BU football!") but I was trying to find the irony in the previous posters statement. I don't see any. That's the point. Mentioning the BU football team in this context is about as irrelevant as mentioning BU's world-renowned success in lacrosse or any other sport they don't play, especially when BC's program is almost as irrelevant as BU's non-existent program. These two schools excel in HOCKEY, and little else. They are afterthoughts on the national stage (yes, both schools have advanced in soccer, i know, but I'll leave that be). BC clearly accomplished more than BU did in hockey this year. I've already said I agreed with that. On the other hand, there's an argument to be made about winning the Beanpot, HE season and tourney.

In the end, it's a Sunday, there's not a cloud in the sky, I'm about to go out and toss around and hit a softball, so the last thing I want to do is engage in a pissing match over a game I didn't even watch! Peace to you.

20. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

i knew someone would bring this point up
    but as upstater mentioned its different in college sports

its actually like the opposite

everyone will remember ten yrs from now that bu won the hockey east tournament in 06

nobody will remember that bc was runners up in the finals of ncaa tournament

thats just how it works in college