PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's presser today - coaching changes (SPECULATION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Ok, I don't think inserting this into an existing thread of frenzied chaos will prompt close examination.

I just watched BB's season end presser. Long and not terribly illuminating, but he did allude TWICE to coaching changes affecting the Patriots. Could be BB double speak, but it seemed more like exhausted unguardedness. Also nice to see him embracing the idea of "rest".

He also greeted questions about conflicting reports on Brady by saying Tom's there a lot and all the medical staff and he sees these people every day, so he doesn't really have an interest in "reports".

Interesting stuff, imo.

Do you guys WHO HAVE WATCHED the presser think there's anything to the talk on coaching changes and the Pats dealing with them in due course?

If you haven't seen it, give it a whirl.

Official Website of the New England Patriots

I saw it. I didn't get that impression at all.

Although I don't think he revealed anything in the presser, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pees go, or change roles. I think the most likely coaching changes would be anyone who left for a big $$ deal with another team.

BB's system is fantastic, and his ability to recognize talent and make the right type of guys productive makes me not worry too much about coaching changes, excepting BB himself of course. I think most anyone he'd plugin would be passable at worst and likely good. That said, I'd like to see Josh stay for a couple more years.

Last edited:
Teams are always trying to grab a Patriot coach and steal some Pats Mojo.

Losing some ASSt. is almost to be expected. Who knows maybe BB will take the Jets Job.

That hasnt worked out to well lately, although I do see McDaniels leaving. Maybe Romeo comes back as asst head coach or something similar.

Losing some ASSt. is almost to be expected. Who knows maybe BB will take the Jets Job.

I love good comedy. That's 100% super-comedy right there.

For all the Jets fans that call him Belicheat, they'd be tripping over themselves to get to the welcome party. Obviously not ever gonna happen, though.

Aidez-moi, my side hurts... :rofl:

Last edited:

He had it once, don't think he'll go back there.....;)

For all the Jets fans that come him Belicheat, they'd be tripping over themselves to get to the welcome party. Obviously not ever gonna happen, though.

too funny, we thought the same thing, at the same time

There isn't a city in the country that wouldn't welcome him with opens arms as their new head coach. I don't think it will ever happen tho ;)

There's always going to be talk, rumors about assistant coaches that may be lured away to other teams. Until any of those assistants actually receives an invitation, and does the interview, I'm not going to lose any sleep over those rumors. I think it would be very hard for any Patriots assistant to leave their current situation, they are working with highly-motivated, talented, and successful players, with some very exceptional individuals among them. It would be very hard to find such a mix at another team.

For all the Jets fans that call him Belicheat, they'd be tripping over themselves to get to the welcome party. Obviously not ever gonna happen, though.

Speaking of high comedy, there is a thread over at Jets Insider where some Jets fans are speculating that Tubby Ratfink will be back with the Pats come next season. They are not dissuaded by the few Pats fans who proclaim that will NEVER HAPPEN. Now that's funny.

Last edited:
The fascinating part to me is who wouild replace McDaniels if he left.

TE coach Mangurian ? Someone from the outside ? It's not as clear as when Charlie left.

TE coach Mangurian ? Someone from the outside ? It's not as clear as when Charlie left.

==============================================

I don't think your OC is going anywhere, but it seems Scarnecchia would be next in line.

I'm not sure Josh will go this year...I think a LOT will depend on the situation...NOT kist the money...THAT will always be there..

I don't think your OC is going anywhere, but it seems Scarnecchia would be next in line.

I really don't think Scar wants it, dunno... just my gut.

If Pioli leaves, Belichick will bring in his buddy Phil Savage and the Pats will never miss a beat. Belichick hired Savage as a coach in Cleveland for the Saban/Firentz/et al staff. He switched to player personel and moved to Balt wtih Model where he was the guy who drafted Jonathan Ogden, Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Ed Reed, etc. He's arguably better than Pioli. In any case, he and Belichick would be just as tight.

Last edited:
I'd be okay with Phil Savage to replace Pioli if he decides to leave. He came up under god (errr, I mean BB :) ), so he should work out well. He has a decent track record for talent as well (even if much that talent was never exploited).

I also would not mind returning RAC as well. I like Peas, but he is not RAC (circa 2003-04).

Last edited:
If we get Savage, does Ed Reed come with him?

Gunnails,

I respect your fine football knowledge even if you have this strange addiction to the Disease called GangGreen.

But our O line /Asst HC does not want the HC job or I suspect the OC, either. If there is any change in his status, it may be that he announces his retirement, but I doubt it. He has the job he wants and why would he quit?

Bill O'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing