PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's honeymoon period

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I understand BB is one of the best coaches of all time, and he is a major reason the Pats have won three Superbowls, but every coach's time runs out. Based on the remaining schedule, I can realistically see 6-7 more losses this season. What happens if the Pats finish 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Does a new coaching staff even warrant discussion amongst ownership? This is his 11th year which far exceeds avg coaching stints in the NFL, but is it possible his offensive and defensive philosophies have become too predictable?

I know I am not an NFL coach, scout or any type of professional analyst whatsoever, but it does seem there has not been much diversity on offense or defense. Short pass of some type on 1st down, run for nothing on 2nd down and lob it down field on 3rd and long. It seems like this sequence of plays seems to happen too often.

I know in BB's defense the DL's job is to occupy blockers and let LBs get to the ball. It just doesn't seem this group of guys is suited for that style of D. It seems like the Pats personnel is better suited to shooting gaps and penetrating vs. hold and react. I guess I would just like to see some diversity in our game plans instead of trying to incorporate the same strategies we've always used with players that may not be suited for that style.

Vincent Jackson, Patrick Peterson and Von Miller 2011!!!!

Bill leaves the Pats on his terms. End of story.

It's one loss. Get over it.

I'm not basing this on one loss, nor am I saying it should happen. I'm just saying I can realistically see this team losing 6-7 more games this season, and if that happens and the Pats miss the playoffs, does that warrant the discussion?

I'm not basing this on one loss, nor am I saying it should happen. I'm just saying I can realistically see this team losing 6-7 more games this season, and if that happens and the Pats miss the playoffs, does that warrant the discussion?

No. It's a team with a ridiculously young defense and 2 first round picks next year. Just stop while you're ahead.

People who want to get rid of their HC always think in the abstract. So let's humor you:

You think maybe we should fire Belichick. OK, now who exactly should the Patriots replace him with? Who's out there that would actually be an improvement?

Credibility approached 0 as soon as I saw Von Miller mentioned.

If they don't will you leave ....permanently?

number 1 - number 2. When number 1 continues to be less than number 2 for 3-4 seasons then you can think about BB moving on. Until then no.

People who want to get rid of their HC always think in the abstract. So let's humor you:

You think maybe we should fire Belichick. OK, now who exactly should the Patriots replace him with? Who's out there that would actually be an improvement?

I wouldn't want to replace Belichick with anybody. However, should he quit tomorrow, I would get on the horn with Bill Cowher as soon as possible if I were Bob Kraft. After hiring Cowher, I would see if he could pluck **** LeBeau out of Sh!ttsburgh.

This board is ******* unreadable after a loss. We haven't had a below .500 season since 2000 can any other team say that? Off the top of my head, no, and because YOU think that maybe they'll go 9-7 or 8-8 you are wondering if we should fire the hall of fame coach? GTFO.

Probably the WORST thread ive Ever seen on here. And thats saying something.

Last edited:
I wish that I could give this thread negative stars. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL.

Last edited:

Marty Schottenheimer's available!

This board is ******* unreadable after a loss.

We haven't had a below .500 season since 2000 can any other team say that?

Off the top of my head, no, and because YOU think that maybe they'll go 9-7 or 8-8 you are wondering if we should fire the hall of fame coach?

GTFO.

BEAUTIFULLY said!! :D

Marty Schottenheimer's available!

If I were in control of a team (not the Pats), the only time I would hire Schottenheimer is as a GM. The man can draft.

Guys, relax, the OP was clearly just trying to get everyone to unite! :bricks:

If I were in control of a team (not the Pats), the only time I would hire Schottenheimer is as a GM. The man can draft.

Before anyone takes me seriously and freaks out, I should probably clarify that that was pure sarcasm. Given the problems that some people seem to have with Belichick, morbid curiosity is the only thing that'd keep me around if those same people were subjected to Marty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes