Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
OK folks, when was the last time you saw BB wearing a grin like that shaking hands with an opposing coach after a game? He was smiling like the Cheshire cat from the second he left the sideline, then shakes hands with Tubby Ratfink and says, "Great game! Awesome!" It was a brilliant move -- a double eff-you to both the media and Tubby without being obvious about it.

OK folks, when was the last time you saw BB wearing a grin like that shaking hands with an opposing coach after a game? He was smiling like the Cheshire cat from the second he left the sideline, then shakes hands with Tubby Ratfink and says, "Great game! Awesome!" It was a brilliant move -- a double eff-you to both the media and Tubby without being obvious about it.

I thought it was great too!! The fist pumps afterward were a nice touch too!! I honestly think BB was feeling really triumphant! First round bye, HFA throughout the playoffs and beating the Ratfink, all in one day! The defense and the running game showed up too!! Now if we can just get Tommy-Boy back on track (jk ;))

It was good. I'm still now sure how "awesome" would relate to Mangina and the Jest yesterday ;)

I thought it was Mangina that said "Awesome".

is that the first time Bill has smiled during a handshake?

The media was truly pissed off about it. Every media outlet I have heard comment on it basically said that it was a calculated move by BB to get them to shut up about spy-gate. Gee boys you're so clairvoyant.

The best is their tones ranged from disappointed to totally pissed off.

it's all about the media spin for the NFL.

Collinsworth was jabbing last night during the Skins and Giants game "Is it the end of spygate? - Probably not."

it's all about the media spin for the NFL.

Collinsworth was jabbing last night during the Skins and Giants game "Is it the end of spygate? - Probably not."

Yes, but Troy Aikman said it best when he answered, "God, I am so sick of Spygate. Can't we talk about something else?" Amen, Troy. Spread the word amongst your peers!

After the Patriots win the 4th SB, I think BB should be nominated for an Oscar. Best Actor in a Drama.:rocker:

I have to say, I hate all the "handshake" nonsense, but it is fascinating to watch BB determine the best approach to shutting up the media about it. That smile, and the "great game, eric", "awesome", etc. was priceless.

It was brilliant.

For those that don't know, "Great game" was how Mangini mocked Belichick during the handshake after he won last year.

I know why the media hates good ole BB so much. It's because he is always thinking several moves ahead of them. It's like watching Garry Kasparov play chess with Pee Wee Herman. Yesterday's handshake was BB's way of capturing the media's queen.

Last edited:
It was brilliant.

For those that don't know, "Great game" was how Mangini mocked Belichick during the handshake after he won last year.

Am I not alone in hearing sarcasm when BB said, "awesome"?

Last edited:
The media was truly pissed off about it. Every media outlet I have heard comment on it basically said that it was a calculated move by BB to get them to shut up about spy-gate. Gee boys you're so clairvoyant.

The best is their tones ranged from disappointed to totally pissed off.

the media (mostly all of them) hate us. they go from *****ing about no hand shakes to *****ing about BB actually shaking hands with Rat. They go from the Pats running up the score to teams now have a blueprint. It is such crap. I remember when Manning was going for the TD record and it was all you heard from the mediots. Tom will break the record and you dont hear a peep about it. It is a damn shame that these folk cant be unbias and it is an ever worse shame that most of them have jobs. It does not surprise me that these hacks act like this, what surprises me is that the companies they work for allowing it to happen.

I thought it was great too!! The fist pumps afterward were a nice touch too!! I honestly think BB was feeling really triumphant! First round bye, HFA throughout the playoffs and beating the Ratfink, all in one day! The defense and the running game showed up too!! Now if we can just get Tommy-Boy back on track (jk ;))

Personally, I think he's fine. He played the right game yesterday.

I imagine he took one look at the weather and knew things weren't going to happen by air. He also knew the Jets were thinking the same thing, too.

Given that, the normal Jets' defensive response would be to jam up the box, thus negating any real effort for the Pats' running game. So he throws some deep ones to Randy (passing up the obvious short and middle gainers that tapes have shown were open and available), hoping to connect, but cognizant of the fact he probably wouldn't.

But still, he's stretching the field, keeping the D honest, and preventing them from stacking the box.

Would hitting those short- and medium-gainers have helped? In a given moment, yeah, but he still has to send the DBs back with the deep threat guys to make the running game work effectively.

Did it work? Well, LoMo got his 100 yards. We had a 17-play drive that was indicative of the success of this approach.

We won.

I think Brady will be just fine.

Remember, the great ones always find a way to win it, and that's just what he did.

Just one guy's opinion, mind you....

Last edited:
Personally, I think he's fine. He played the right game yesterday.

I imagine he took one look at the weather and knew things weren't going to happen by air. He also knew the Jets were thinking the same thing, too.

Given that, the normal Jets' defensive response would be to jam up the box, thus negating any real effort for the Pats' running game. So he throws some deep ones to Randy (passing up the obvious short and middle gainers that tapes have shown were open and available), hoping to connect, but cognizant of the fact he probably wouldn't.

But still, he's stretching the field, keeping the D honest, and preventing them from stacking the box.

Would hitting those short- and medium-gainers have helped? In a given moment, yeah, but he still has to send the DBs back with the deep threat guys to make the running game work effectively.

Did it work? Well, LoMo got his 100 yards. We had a 17-play drive that was indicative of the success of this approach.

We won.

I think Brady will be just fine.

Remember, the great ones always find a way to win it, and that's just he did.

Just one guy's opinion, mind you....

Brady's game yesterday, was just like Westbrook's kneel on the one. It was what the team needed to win, stats be danged.....

I agree. My wife called me to say she couldn't believe it! She recorded it so I could see it for myself because she didn't think I would believe her.

I think the reason BB was so happy after the game was that his team had just accomplished goal one for the regular season. Of course there is only one goal, but my hunch is he has broken it up for his team in three steps: HFA, winning the CG, winning the SB. I think he was celebrating the first.

Speaking of Westbrook's play, I've been shouting for years on this board and elsewhere that it's the proper play. The chance of losing when you can take a knee to win is technically not zero, but it really approaches zero. The chance of losing when you give the ball back to your opponent in a two-score scenario with 2:00 left is also not very high. But it's higher than zero.

Darrell Green for the Washington Redskins once intercepted the ball late in the game, with his team winning. There was about 2:00, and if he'd just run out of bounds, they would have had a kneeldown situation. Instead he scored, and I believe they lost the game in overtime. They only had a one point lead, and the other team (Cardinals?) tied the game with a TD and a two-point conversion. But with the onside kick, it's still the same principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes