PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BBs Demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trash him? Really? Fact: his recent performances against good defenses have not been up to par.
NOT A FACT.
Fact is his performance against good defenses has not been as incredible as his performance against not good defenses. Duh

Fact: Patriots players have said how tight they were going into SB 42 while the Giants played loose. This is an equally plausible explanation for why BB has been acting the way he has.

That was not the discussion, the comment was essentially BB has to walk around on egg shells becuase his QB can't handle pressure, and that is bs.

Sure its possible he purposely has been acting calm in order to have his team relaxed, and it is also completely out of character. But thats not what the discussion was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trash him? Really? Fact: his recent performances against good defenses have not been up to par. Fact: Patriots players have said how tight they were going into SB 42 while the Giants played loose. This is an equally plausible explanation for why BB has been acting the way he has.

A SB game leading drive scoring a TD pass with scant minutes left does not = sub par

We're this close to "you can tell BB's state of mind by Tom Brady's body language"

Make it stop.

All this second guessing on Tom F*ing Brady, 4 hours before he leads us to a 4th superbowl title in 11 years is making me want to puke.

I wish there was a "dislike" button... soooo badly!

A SB game leading drive scoring a TD pass with scant minutes left does not = sub par

If you read my post you would see that I didn't include 2007 as an example of a poor performance by Brady. He played like a champion that day, just had no time to throw.

NOT A FACT.
Fact is his performance against good defenses has not been as incredible as his performance against not good defenses. Duh

That was not the discussion, the comment was essentially BB has to walk around on egg shells becuase his QB can't handle pressure, and that is bs.

Sure its possible he purposely has been acting calm in order to have his team relaxed, and it is also completely out of character. But thats not what the discussion was.

I'm sorry, you're right, you're the mindreader and I'm not. BB is acting so footloose and fancy free because he knows the Pats are going to win 42-0. Btw, every time you've predicted a game since I've been on this site, it's been a blowout Pats win. So, good luck with that nostradamus, but expect to be in the fetal position late 4th quarter because the reality is the Giants present just as many matchup problems as the Pats and this game is going down to the wire.

BB is loose and happy because his team has a great gameplan, more importantly they have had a GREAT2 WEEKS of PREPARATION, this team is mentally tough and has bought in and is all in this year.

I am not nervous as a fan just very excited.

Pats 34 Giants 20.

I'm sorry, you're right, you're the mindreader and I'm not.
OK, let me explain this to you slowly.
You are trying to tell me you know what Brady was thinking when he was playing, and using that to create a disparaging commentary on him.
I am guessing at what I think might be the reason BB is acting upbeat and how it may ultimately play out.
See the difference? You are claiming you understand what was in his head and you know how he reacts to pressure, and are judging him on that.
I am speculating something that in a few hours we will see if it is right or now.

Its the equaivalent of me saying how your girlfriend is acting really weird to you, it might mean she may start banging another guy and you saying she struggled when you doubled the speed on her treadmill so that proves she is exhausted and was banging anohter guy last night.

BB is acting so footloose and fancy free because he knows the Pats are going to win 42-0.
Where did I say that? I said I suspect that his calm demeanor means he is confident.

Btw, every time you've predicted a game since I've been on this site, it's been a blowout Pats win. So, good luck with that nostradamus, but expect to be in the fetal position late 4th quarter because the reality is the Giants present just as many matchup problems as the Pats and this game is going down to the wire.

And I should value your opinion because?
Just a point of reference. If as you suggest I have higher expectations than anyone for the Pats, and they have been by far the most successful team in the NFL since I started posting on this board, wouldn't that make me most right?

I doubt BB thinks this game is a lock or anything close to it. He's probably just trying to enjoy the experience knowing that this may be his last time coaching in it.

All this second guessing on Tom F*ing Brady, 4 hours before he leads us to a 4th superbowl title in 11 years is making me want to puke.

I wish there was a "dislike" button... soooo badly!

That was exactly what I requested Ian to provide in a separate thread a few months back but it was shot down.

Having such a button would reveal to individual posters how their opinion/thoughts are viewed by other members.

I doubt BB thinks this game is a lock or anything close to it. He's probably just trying to enjoy the experience knowing that this may be his last time coaching in it.

What???

Jeez...can't some of you negative nancys stop posting and enjoy the hours before the game instead of finding negative things and worse, making such gloomy predictions.

What???

Jeez...can't some of you negative nancys stop posting and enjoy the hours before the game instead of finding negative things and worse, making such gloomy predictions.

How is that being a negative nancy, lol? It's damn hard to get here, nothing wrong with him enjoying it. Calm down.

BB is loose and happy because his team has a great gameplan, more importantly they have had a GREAT2 WEEKS of PREPARATION, this team is mentally tough and has bought in and is all in this year.

I am not nervous as a fan just very excited.

Pats 34 Giants 20.

That is the final score that has been in my mind all week.

Just reported on NFLN by Rachel Nichols:
"I ask Belichick how he slept this week at this hotel, and he said "Like a baby"

In my experience babies do not sleep that well but yes, BB seems suspiciously relaxed and confident. He's got something good cooked up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing