PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BBs Demeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're optimistic, then I feel a lot better about being optimistic :D

haha yeah man, I'm frankly not even nervous. I'm just excited. I've gone from being scared of the giants two weeks ago to seeing no plausable scenario in which the patriots lose this one if they protect the football. A lot of me senses a blowout.

Oh hey, thanks. Did BB tell you the rest of the game plan too?

There are no gameplans that make Alex Silvestro a difference maker. He is a bottom of the roster player who can play a few snaps to keep guys fresh. Have you not seen him play this year? To say that he is limited athletically is somewhat of an understatement.

There are no gameplans that make Alex Silvestro a difference maker. He is a bottom of the roster player who can play a few snaps to keep guys fresh. Have you not seen him play this year? To say that he is limited athletically is somewhat of an understatement.

He will have a role. If he makes a key play in that role, he will become a difference maker.
He is a smaller, quicker DL, and I believe that he was activated because their is a special package where BB thinks that will help. He has done it before.
I get that you don't like the guy, but sorry, he is playing.

How then do you explain his inaccuracy in Ravens 09, Jets 10 and Ravens 11?

He was injured in 09. He played well in 2010 completing over 60% of his passes for 299 yards, and he made 2 bad throws last week.
Next question, or are we expecting that he must be perfect of he is a choker. Is that before or after today when he sets the record for the most wins ever in the post season?

He will have a role. If he makes a key play in that role, he will become a difference maker.
He is a smaller, quicker DL, and I believe that he was activated because their is a special package where BB thinks that will help. He has done it before.
I get that you don't like the guy, but sorry, he is playing.

Whatever gets you excited. There are reasons to think the Patriots can win, but Alex Silvestro aint one of em.

Whatever gets you excited. There are reasons to think the Patriots can win, but Alex Silvestro aint one of em.

Did I say he was going to be the reason they win?
I said he will have a role, and that could be 3 plays, but there is a specific purpose he was activated for.
I'm sorry if your fantasy football mentality doesnt understand that role players impact football games.
Shoud we talk about who will earn the most fantasy points today instead?

Right. That would seem to be a legitimate concern at this point would it not?

Only for those who expect 100% and sports doesn't allow for that. There isn't a more clutch QB than Brady and if you can't believe in him then there is no-one you can believe in. This is like 49er fans during the Walsh era worried about Montana in the Super Bowl. "Jesus, I hope Montana doesn't screw us today..........."

I'm worried about James Ihedigbo not Tom Brady.

Did I say he was going to be the reason they win?
I said he will have a role, and that could be 3 plays, but there is a specific purpose he was activated for.
I'm sorry if your fantasy football mentality doesnt understand that role players impact football games.
Shoud we talk about who will earn the most fantasy points today instead?

I think the obvious explanation is the right one. Gronk usually plays special teams and with the ankle you don't want that. Insert Alex Silvestro. We all know BB was a ST guy and he places a lot of importance in that facet of the game.

Last edited:
Tom Brady is going to have a legacy defining game tonight, and it won't be because of game winning drives. They're going to put 21 on the Giants before they can even sub.

I wonder if he's trying to set a more relaxed tone with the team because of the way Brady has seemed to press in big games the last few years.

Another prime candidate poster for the execrable game thread :mad:

He was injured in 09. He played well in 2010 completing over 60% of his passes for 299 yards, and he made 2 bad throws last week.
Next question, or are we expecting that he must be perfect of he is a choker. Is that before or after today when he sets the record for the most wins ever in the post season?

He is great, but he has been tight in big games recently, your lame attempts to mischaracterize his recent poor performances notwithstanding.

Every player has some injury at this time of year, so no excuses for 09. He was awful against the Jets during winning time. He racked up a lot of yards when the game was already decided. And which two bad passes are you referring to against the Ravens, the two interceptions? Then you must have forgotten about missing Gronkowski on a wide open seam route for a TD and Hernandez also wide open for a 25 yard gain. These are mistakes he doesn't make when he is more even emotionally.

He is great, but he has been tight in big games recently, your lame attempts to mischaracterize his recent poor performances notwithstanding.

Every player has some injury at this time of year, so no excuses for 09. He was awful against the Jets during winning time. He racked up a lot of yards when the game was already decided. And which two bad passes are you referring to against the Ravens, the two interceptions? Then you must have forgotten about missing Gronkowski on a wide open seam route for a TD and Hernandez also wide open for a 25 yard gain. These are mistakes he doesn't make when he is more even emotionally.

So an injury doesnt count but you thinking he is emotional does?

There is no point is discussing this because you think that you know what is going on in his mind.
Brady is among the best pressure QBs in NFL history. His record and rings prove that. Unfortunately you feel the need to trash him, so best but not perfect = choker in your bizarre mind, and of course you decide to take the afternoon leading up to his record setting win to deride him. Must be nice to be you.

Tom Brady is going to have a legacy defining game tonight, and it won't be because of game winning drives. They're going to put 21 on the Giants before they can even sub.

Again, we are seeing the exact same game.

Oh and by the way, he hit Hernandez in the hands, he missed Gronk becuase he moved out of the pocket and rushed the throw due to pressure. The first Int was an underthrow. I guess your standard is zero mistakes? And the second was a 50 yard throw that missed by 5 yards to the left.

Wow Jay def. liking your confidence. Any glaring reason why you feel we will have that much success early offensively? How do you feel about our nickel package when they go 3 wide?

Wow, I always thought that the reason Brady didn't have big games against the Jets and ravens was that they were good defensive teams that played really good defensive games?

Had I known it was because he forgot to take his meds then I would have seen it completely different.

Let's hope he takes his meds today.

So an injury doesnt count but you thinking he is emotional does?

There is no point is discussing this because you think that you know what is going on in his mind.
Brady is among the best pressure QBs in NFL history. His record and rings prove that. Unfortunately you feel the need to trash him, so best but not perfect = choker in your bizarre mind, and of course you decide to take the afternoon leading up to his record setting win to deride him. Must be nice to be you.

Trash him? Really? Fact: his recent performances against good defenses have not been up to par. Fact: Patriots players have said how tight they were going into SB 42 while the Giants played loose. This is an equally plausible explanation for why BB has been acting the way he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back