PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's Brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate calling him a genius. He is an AMAZING coach, and he is a great personnel guy, and he is a ruthless capologist, and those three things make him the most valuable employee in the NFL, but the 'genius' label wears thin on me sometimes.

He is a genius ... academically and professionally. Bob Kraft himself was amazed at how he blends economic theory, economic statistical theory in with football theory. Only visionary people put things together when nobody else has.

Last edited:
He is a genius ... academically and professionally. Bob Kraft himself was amazed at how he blends economic theory, economic statistical theory in with football theory. Only visionary people put things together when nobody else has.

Maybe not like that Norman Einstein guy, but the building and coaching of this team so far is the best effort he has made in football, IMO. I'll stand by that. An individual force of will, not a lucky set of circumstances plus solid coaching.

Oh, and I meant this guy, Albert...

broadcast-news.jpg

Eason was a gem compared to Hugh Millen and Scott Secules (and Zo).

Marc Wilson makes me shudder too! Along Tom Hodson. What is actually amazing about that 1-15 90 team is the in turnovers they were only -4 but outscored by 265 points.

Marc Wilson makes me shudder too! Along Tom Hodson. What is actually amazing about that 1-15 90 team is the in turnovers they were only -4 but outscored by 265 points.

Well, you can't turn the ball over a lot if you are lying on top of it 5 yds. behind the line of scrimmage all the time. ;)

Marc Wilson was amazingly awful, but there's Mike Taliaferro and Joe Kapp to consider in the worst evah balloting.

The above is only possible because we still have Brady. Look at how much turnover there has constantly been on the Colts teams. As long as Manning has been healthy though, they have been a threat. Once Manning and Brady retire, then both Indy and New England will see what real rebuilding means.

Well Brady might be the main reason, why we are in the race for #1 seed while reloading, but even without him I would not be overly worried. Just look at teams like the steelers or ravens to see how well run organizations always come out on top even when there might be one or two below average seasons strewn into the mix.

If BB stays after Brady, I would say, they worst case scenario is the titans, with a shorter downtime as we will not have sold out future on the one last push theory. And if the titans had not totally whiffed there QB pick they would also be a contender with at least a 10-6 record every year.

So if BB stays and we manage to get transfered into the NFC W we will be
winning our division by week 10 for another 20 years at least.

PS: Not very often do you see a worse sweeping genralization, then the opening post. Even the Mainstream media, is printing about 3 articles a week about how this Pats team is winning while rebuilding.

Last edited:

I agree, many do not understand how much he is.. to have maintained a winning season for 10 years post salary cap is pure genius..

To know that Randy Moss had to go is pure genius...

To begin to retool this team on the fly through the draft is pure genius..

To get rid of the Galloways, Springs and Thomas(all of whom were considered pretty good players) is genius..

To have stockpiled 6 of the first 96 picks in next years draft is genius..

This is the very same thing Mr Kraft talked about on ESPN radio today with Mike and Mike. It's literally exactly what he said.

He talked about how BB was an economics major and understood value and how the "economics of the NFL are as important as the skill sets" and that "he's pretty unique in that he combines great coaching skills and economic institutional knowledge at the same time."

You guys gotta give it a listen, it's good stuff!

Here's the link:

ESPN Radio

"Bledsoe back to pass...looking......looking....looking....looking....he's hit...ball loose...recovered by..............."

That's because the offensive line wasn't doing it's job, d%#*!@t.:mad:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots