PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's advice to Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don't know if you saw this piece about Charlie Weis' first game this year. It made me laugh.

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/15449096.htm

The typical deluge of phone messages awaited Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis after Saturday’s narrow 14-10 escape at Georgia Tech.
One in particular stood out.

“I got a sarcastic voice mail from (New England Patriots coach Bill) Belichick,†Weis said. “He was saying how after that last kneel-down I’ve got some fresh ammo for the players and how this is the best — you win close and then you can criticize them for 24 hours.â€

Love it, BB giving Charlie the needle, both knowing Charlie was already firing up the tape and getting ready to walk the team through some embarrassing moments. :D

It's proof that Bogus is right. BB and Charlie do hate one another.

Hoodie said:
It's proof that Bogus is right. BB and Charlie do hate one another.
Yeh, I have some close friends with whom I share that level of "hatred." :singing: I wonder if bogus has been able to drown his sorrow over the Tuna turning traitor to bogus' idolatry, and using BB as a sounding board?

BB should have told him to execrise a bit and take care of his health. I love Charlie, but he's asking for trouble with that weight gain.

NEM said:
Who's Charlie? ......

On Saturday he will be Joepa's next victim.

PonyExpress said:
BB should have told him to execrise a bit and take care of his health. I love Charlie, but he's asking for trouble with that weight gain.
When asked if he could imagine being the head coach for 41 years like Paterno, Weis quickly deadpanned a response:

“I’ll be dead by then.â€

PonyExpress said:

They were talking about that on WEEI the other day. Apparently, the stomach takes a while to stretch out. But once it gets past those staples, it can grow to any size it pleases.

IMO what good is an operation that can be negated over time?

F.B.N. said:
They were talking about that on WEEI the other day. Apparently, the stomach takes a while to stretch out. But once it gets past those staples, it can grow to any size it pleases.

Especially when the operation almost killed him! Remember Tom Brady staying at the hospital with him.....

F.B.N. said:

I have had weight problems all my life(now under control), and know a few folks who have had the stomach stapling, this is something I would never consider and some of those who have had this surgery are heavier now then they were before. It takes a lot of work and planning to regain the weight, it must be hard for him as he allegedly did this for his wife and kids.

F.B.N. said:

It is supposed to reduce your appetite ... you feel full even though you are eating smaller portions... so you can set up good eating habits.

If you fail to keep to those good eating habits (including small portions) and slip back into your old poor eating habits, then you will eventually be right back to where you started.

I know plenty of people that have had this surgery and it has changed their life drastically for the better. Certainly there are risks and it does still require effort on the person's part.

GJAJ15 said:
I have had weight problems all my life(now under control), and know a few folks who have had the stomach stapling, this is something I would never consider and some of those who have had this surgery are heavier now then they were before. It takes a lot of work and planning to regain the weight, it must be hard for him as he allegedly did this for his wife and kids.

I had a neighbor that was a midnight gorger and ballooned up to enormous proportions. She underwent the stapling and dropped a ton...the problem was...she continued her midnight ways of baking cookies, pies, cakes and instead of eating them, she delivered them to all her girlfriends on a daily basis, trying to fatten them up. It got to the point where her friends refused to accept the sweets but this woman continued to deliver them. She lost friendships with everyone including her husband and just disappeared. Talk about selfesteem issues.

Think BB will get a message from Charlie..

"you win close and then you can criticize them for 24 hours"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back